Recommendations Novelupdates is dying...?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by SteelKawai, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    The fuck you talking about, it was always shitty. Smart and logical MC's, lol.

Wujigege likes this.
  2. Jasad

Jasad ...not oldschool, just old...

Reading List:
    Link
    sure.:blobokhand: why not.. but wait till i read it first, i only read up until kitchen novel last translate..so now i start from the start again:blobcheeky:
    the sugar level is what i need after reading about killing arrogant young master left and right in another novel.:blobexpressionless:
    where to discuss it? in the latest chapter of the novel?

3. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just click my name and choose Open discussion. And i advise that if your brain is good just skip to the part where dwarf and 2 orcs eat the meat chinese sandwitch (unless it's too far, i don't want check where stopped kitchen).

Btw i already wrote some stuff in LCD.

Edit: Hurry i really want to see another fan of Daddy restaurant reading MTL.
    PS: Near a bunch of last available raws (100+) FL is reunited with daughter + MC and even let Amy call her mother in private but she and MC don't reveal (yet) that she is her true mother. Which is a little annoying when you know that doesn't make sense because Amy will surely never reveal it (unless there is a blood fight maybe). So the only explanation is that author want to make a huge reaction out of Amy.

Also not sure if it said it in LCD. MC was dumb and didn't bother to ask system if he can translate the language of mermaid. But i guess it was needed to make her learn the normal language.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  4. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Speed will increase I promise :sweating_profusely:

Esperreal likes this.
  5. Jasad

Jasad ...not oldschool, just old...

Reading List:
    Link
    cool. i'll check it later..:blob_grin:

6. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I edited previous post.

7. Esperreal

Esperreal [The Real Esper], [The Specialest Snowflake]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't see how what you said is different from what I said? I said most CN, not all I've reread warlock twice and Great Demon King is still good to me. I have more than a few I can reread it's just hard to pick up new stuff when I've usually read something almost exactly the same that was written better is what I mean.

8. Esperreal

Esperreal [The Real Esper], [The Specialest Snowflake]

Reading List:
    Link
    Bro it's all good, I'm a veteran with 5-6 years of being used to translators going at all kinds of speeds.

Much love for all your work and BTW do you have a patreon I can donate too or something?

9. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, there is a Patreon for it. I have two chapters in the pipeline. Chapters are quite large.
    https://www.patreon.com/wujigege

Esperreal likes this.
  10. Ram5

Ram5 [Noodle Stealer]

Reading List:
    Link
    loli is whole different gender.

11. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    From what Ai-chan sees, there are much less japanese novels nowadays and more chinese novels. This from someone who blacklisted Qidian and some translators. Chinese webnovels still outnumber Japanese and Korean novels together by at least double.

As for why? Because readers want braindead stories. Nobody reads thought-provoking, great stories anymore. And translators nowadays only do it for money, which means they translate what they think you want. They don't bother looking for actually good stories to share. They found a formula that made money, and they stuck to it. it doesn't matter that the same thing has been repeated so many times in the other titles.

The old fan translators didn't care that nobody read their translations, so we chose to share what we believed to be great. We didn't care about you because we didn't gain any benefit from you. You either read our awesome selections or you don't. That's how it worked in the old days.

kenar, JemBlem, User01 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Enlightener_Of_Dummies

Enlightener_Of_Dummies New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Weeaboos happened. These pieces of sht came from their japanese mangas and basicly change the styl of mc's. Translators capitalized on dat now they only translate sht novels to satisfy their new fans. Same way sjw's ruin games, movies etc

SteelKawai likes this.
  13. SteelKawai

SteelKawai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True, indeed. I think ealier novels like games where for more narrow circle of people until some guys started the conveyer.
    Ps. Recently I found one good novel. Supreme magus (title is little stupid for me but story is great).

14. MrAsura

MrAsura Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know why BL novels are Popular these days .
    Why there are so many people like this kind of novels.
    are there really something special about this novels.
    SIGH ~~ I mean It is just not my taste .With respect to all lovers of this kind of novels.
    it's just when i see many people read Bl novel I say in myself ... should I give it a try ?.....No way.

SteelKawai likes this.
  15. SteelKawai

SteelKawai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If anyone interested it is my reading list:https://www.novelupdates.com/readlist/?uid=32464.
    Please name some similar novels

MrAsura likes this.
  16. MrAsura

MrAsura Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    SteelKawai likes this.
  17. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    If that's the explanation, then it should be assumed that most of the novels being translated in the same way as the "better" days of Novelupdates are now the Korean novels. After all, the Japanese Novels translated are either selected for pandering-for-money reasons or free-to-read reasons (usually both), and the Chinese Novels can typically be easily gained from a Chinese Content Aggregator Site. Korean Novels, meanwhile, require have a access paywall, far less Aggregator Sites due to being much smaller, and less translators.

18. nhanat

nhanat Human Lv. 4

Reading List:
    Link
    I think all good/popular novel get copyrighted.. so all you can find is some other goods..
    and just feeling that the community is not as free and full of excitement as in the beginning..
    Kinda miss that time where WW and GT and volare is the Overlord >.< not webnovel