Question The novel's extra

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Ritsuka, Jul 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Ritsuka

Ritsuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to read the novel "the novel's extra"
    But i'm still hesitant
    Should i read it or nah?
    Is there action in it and does the mc becomes OP later or the story goes bland?

2. kirara

kirara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read it then judge for yourself. For me, it’s good though. There’s a lot of action, the MC becomes somewhat OP but the lowkey type of OP. Give it a try.

3. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Worth a try tbh.

Not worth going too far though. You might end up regretting it if you pushed yourself.

Astaroth likes this.
  4. HappyHavak

HappyHavak The Laughing Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    It's currently one of my favorite novels. Even if it's not your thing I reccomend at least giving it a try.

5. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I enjoyed it for a while but with the current arc my interest has tanked, I'm basically skimming and not really absorbing anything.

MC is pretty OP all throughout even if it's downplayed.

BLKCandy and Astaroth like this.
  6. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm I enjoy reading it

7. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Jasnor

Jasnor Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At one time it was my favorite, but at this point I have almost dropped it. I hate that every girl is beautiful, dumb as box of rocks and loves the MC for the smallest thing. Great start, but turned into a Japanese OP harem novel.

9. Renaxan

Renaxan [Ero Culture Enthusiast]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm used to love this novel
    but lately it was pretty rushed, too much character introduced and some forgotten (i miss evandel so much)

now with author announce it close to the ending, you might give a try. Cube arc quite good imo.

Astaroth likes this.
  10. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    In some aspects it's great and unique-ish, so you might feel refreshed when reading it.

In other aspects it's still incredibly generic, and like basically every other novel it starts to get dull 200 chapters in.

And while it doesn't really have any of those arrogant young masters or beta cuck MC you'll find in CN/JP novels, it has the incredibly annoying Korean melodrama. And basically everything about the 'romance' is shit tbh.

Personally I've basically dropped it at this point, since I was falling asleep near the 300's, but at some point I might just binge read some again.

Anyway, it's well worth giving the novel a try. Basically, while I do think that The Novel's Extra is very overrated and definitely not some kind of 5-star novel (but really, what novel is a true 5* anyways?) but that doesn't mean that it's bad and not worth your time.

11. Warlock Of The Void

Warlock Of The Void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Beginning was quite strong , newish style , great writing , well fleshed char. , quite all round well to do. Then it starts to go down , now I will not say that it has gone down a lot but , it's just with the start so strong the novel couldn't keep up with itself. Also, the drama had such potential but the author never capitalized on it. I would say give it a try but don't rate it before 200ish chaps

12. Ritsuka

Ritsuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what about the tutorial is too hard then?

13. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Go with that, I'm not sure if I ever read it but from what I can tell it's definetely better.

14. bcahthekill

bcahthekill Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw guys, are tl team busy or what? Why they still not update

15. grumble_rumble

grumble_rumble Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's only two kinds of Korean stories far as I can figure out.

"Romances" where the cast spend 99% of the plot arguing with each other, running in circles and misunderstanding every spoken word and action, only to have all the bullshit resolved in the last 10 minutes (leaving audiences emotionally exhausted and unsatisfied) and NTR.

Astaroth likes this.
  16. Negiomi

Negiomi Idiot | Grandurr's

Reading List:
    Link
    It's okay, but it's a bit 'slow' and a bit tiring on the plot. The Main character is quite OP, and has a lot of 'luck', but makes some questionable decisions in my opinion. Many others like it, so feel free to try it. Here's my review: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-novels-extra/comment-page-2/#comment-109721. You could say
    I was a bit angry at the novel up to that point and was being extremely overly harsh with my review. So take it with a grain of salt, please.

17. MagicPill

MagicPill Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The writer has a problem in writing out stories to a proper end. He did this with his last one too. My enjoyment lessened with each passing arc.

18. twistingfeelings

twistingfeelings Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It has interesting style in the beginning, the first arc is the most interesting. Drama in those chapters also good. But it gets boring after chaprer 300, the author tends to add too many female characters as possible harem and it gets boring after a while. I think I will readit again after it is over.