Discussion Why don't some authors realize this.

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Darkcrow., Jul 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkcrow.

Darkcrow. Foul Tarnished

Reading List:
    Link
    why don't they realize that some stories aren't meant for harem genera, it really pisses me off ,cause some stories are really good .but harem ruins it .(i am not opposed to harem ,so all HAREM KINGS don't take it personally. )

RAGA, Skaistise, Nyann and 5 others like this.
  2. Undeadlord

Undeadlord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And some destroyed something that would been great if it was TUE HAREM ( nisekoi)

3. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    if ur talking about published ones.... from what i know.... or heard from.... publishers tend to..... recommend stuff.... esp harem....

4. Glint

Glint 『Waifu』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think most authors live vicariously through their characters, in this case, the Protagonist. In other words, they want a Harem.

ongoingwhy and Mr.Tiemos like this.
  5. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of all, I think they want a quick buck. :cookie:

6. dweenator

dweenator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And it's just like fapping.

The fantasy only lasts for a while, after it you're left a mess. Just like how their stories are left in a mess after they write their stories whilst horny.

It only takes a few minutes to masturbate tbh. Every time i feel horny, if i can i masturbate, if not i think or do other things to get my mind off it and refresh.

You never do things while horny, it will ruin things. guess some novels are a proof of that.

mir likes this.
  7. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it is because of some logic that implies that 'to live vicariously' means to necessarily have a harem maybe because history as well, after all lots of emperors and leaders got more than just a wife :hmm:

Matteus likes this.
  8. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    They don't want to ntr the reader out of their best girl but it also wouldn't make sense to write a story where the only girl who isn't asexual is the female lead

(Thinking of novels where harem just happens to be there, this probably isn't that big of a factor in novels that are wish ecchi harem wish fulfilment)

Wujigege likes this.
  9. yamibae

yamibae Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because harems are wish fulfilment and the virgin chinese readers wish for harems. I think it’s starting to get a bit better, fake immortal that I’m reading now I thought was going to be a harem but he’s mostly loyal to one girl. Flat out refuses the thought of romancing another girl even with the chance and goodwill to.

10. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats::blobpats:

Become a translator and translate non-harem stories then! :blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:

Chrono Vlad likes this.
  11. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    The title is Fake Immortal?

12. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    Nothing wrong with a quick buck that warms your stomach and puts a roof over your head.

13. StuffedDuck

StuffedDuck Stuffed with Fluff

Reading List:
    Link
    ... so you fap while you're not horny then?

14. Ushiyama Tatsuma

Ushiyama Tatsuma Devilish Judoka • Big Breeder ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm suprised nobody noticed(or others simply chose to ignore it.)but its genre,brotha.
    You're telling me you dont? How dare you forsake and desert the heavenly dao!:blobcat_hyper:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  15. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't hate harem either, but can't say that I like that some many web novels and fan fics have it. It's so washed out and old.
    My theory is that some of those authors are not that good at writting, especially at romance and character development so harem acts as a crutch. Instead we have little helper girls who are comic relief, sex objects and sometimes OP. I suppose most of these authors aren't mature either and instead of writting something nice original and of quality, they add another one to the wish fullfilment pile.

Deleted member 89812 likes this.
  16. philosopher17

philosopher17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is only one Harem King and I don't even think he has his own Harem. (THE GAMER )

17. flannan

flannan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While there are some authors that can't make good use of a harem, I think most stories would benefit from MC having people who help him or her. Those lone wolf characters have limited applicability, and make it all to easy to make them feel like an omnipotent Mary Sue.

Now that we've established an MC needs people on his or her side, we can get to the good part, where they're all pretty and in love with MC.
    In stories, love is a bond that is strong and fast - many action heroes and/or their love interests have risked their lives for attractive people they just met. Friendship is a lot harder to establish - getting more than one true friend on one adventure is definitely frivolous, and most MCs are limited to people they were friends with before the beginning of the story.
    And of course everyone gets to be pretty, because your reality is like anime, and everybody is pretty in anime.

As a result, we have a harem. As I said before, not every author can make good use of that - you need some talent to make 3+ meaningfully different female characters, and you need a lot of talent to make being with them fun.

18. dweenator

dweenator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure if you're trolling me or what.

19. firefox1234

firefox1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cause LN authors have to make a living and harems are a sure fire formula to get your novel selling like hot cakes.

20. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Virgin Chinese readers wish for harem? I'm sure you're not talking about girls?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.