Discussion Comment Sections

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Disgusting, Jul 21, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    How about commenters that would like to kill the authors coz they don't like something on a free webtoon trabslated for them for free and given free spoilers?

Masochists?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2019
    mir likes this.
  2. Ushiyama Tatsuma

Ushiyama Tatsuma Devilish Judoka • Big Breeder ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    You must've stopped reading way back,the man gets fucked over himself an equal amount of times,thing is Fangyuan is skilled at cutting his losses short and is mad decisive! :blobpopcorn_cool:

This exactly,Absolutely spot on.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2019
  3. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really think that is the reason.
    I've had to explain what happened in a chapter to people because they so obviously didn't even read that part of the chapter they are commenting on. It annoys me that when something about what they've skimmed bothers them, instead of rereading the chapter thoroughly to see if their complaints are valid or if they missed something, they go straight to complaining.

kenar likes this.
  4. GonZ555

GonZ555 What i want for christmas is you

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobcatblush::blobcatblush::sushi_hide:

kenar and Westeller like this.
  5. Maelstrom08

Maelstrom08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone who essentially just shitposts.

Another one the pisses me off a whole lot, is when they berate the author making x character do x things such as some characters being to greedy or do something dumb. I don't think they understand that the author meant to make the character like that. It's fine to hate the character in general, but don't accuse the author, unless they go back on what they have originally said/made.

Oh also the fact that people can get really angry when a "smart" mc, does something dumb. It's not like the mc is perfect, sure he is smart, but he doesn't get the thoughts of other people, or be able to look at what others do, like the readers get too.

ATrueStory, flannan and kenar like this.
  6. philosopher17

philosopher17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you bingeing the whole thing? Are you reading it daily? Someone bingeing can obviously keep track of the minutiae which might be forgotten by daily readers who are usually the commenters.

AMissingLinguist and Disgusting like this.
  7. philosopher17

philosopher17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When even authors can't keep track of their filler filled extravaganzas, you can't expect daily readers who probably read multiple novels to be able to remember which random gu was with which demonic cultivator.

8. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    The whole waifu nonsense from obviously non romantic stories eg The Devil 's Cage.
    Even the translator does it, he even spoils the story in the comments... :facepalm:

philosopher17 likes this.
  9. flannan

flannan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The way I see it, when you read the story all at once, or at least in massive chunks, you remember enough of it to understand it well. But if the translation is slow, and you're reading only one chapter a week, you tend to forget much of the stuff that was there, and remember only the parts you're enjoying.
    On the other hand, some people are simply stupid or not familiar with the author's culture. So I don't hesitate to share my understanding with them. And occasionally I get to ask questions myself, because Japanese thought patterns still occasionally leave me confused.

I suspect some theories are meant as jokes. Especially the ones that cross-reference other works.

People who complain about MC having a fixed personality they don't like. Bonus hate if the MC's personality is similar to mine.

I like the theory that they're all tsundere.

I find the way you make communism and nationalism to be the same thing disturbing.

AMissingLinguist and kenar like this.
  10. Disgusting

Disgusting Fetishist

Reading List:
    Link
    Bingeing, but their theory was disproved like within the 5 previous chapters if not the current one LOL

11. Dovey

Dovey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg the comments on daoist gu are the worst, I remember reading this one that complained there wasn't romance yet (reason for that) and about the mcs personality and anti-hero-ness like... its in the tags and the description makes it way obvious that he's not a hero. I personally find those two points some of my favorite things about the novel tbh

12. idtran

idtran Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel comments are full of crazy people. Literally a chapter where some random bad guy acts up against the MC, all you see is comments is "this guy is so arrogant, hope the mc kills him and his whole family/sect/etc, rape his wife, kick there baby blah blah blah" then in later chapters MC acts superior, doesn't show anyone a single ounce of respect basically being an arrogant asshole and the whole comment section is like "the mc is so alpha, I love it!".

flannan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.