Discussion I got a "business" offer, should I accept it?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jacha, Jul 22, 2019.

1. jacha

jacha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, can someone tell me if I should accept the following offer for my site: xaiomoge.com? Their site seems to be a major one, similar to stepstone
    And what is it about the 5-10 keywords?

The offer: "We would like to offer you to place a big banner advertisement of your website for PR futures on (redacted site) search results pages. We can bring you target visitors for free who will be interested in your services. That means you can choose nearly 5-10 keywords to your banner. When people will find on these keys, they will see your banner. Then they will be redirected to your website.

So, as a result you will get more traffic from day to day, only interested visitors and of course memorability of your company will increase.

In return to this, we would only ask you to place a link to (redacted site) on your website.

Our audience is 100% target for you."

Bye, have a beautiful time

2. Scholar Occult Cauldron

Scholar Occult Cauldron Bonk Maestro | Ascended

Reading List:
    Link
    Who's offering to be your pimp? Cause if it's a pirate or anyone who steals translations for a scummy reason, I cannot condone it.

jacha and ZXu2002 like this.
  3. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like a fairly generic message. They probably spammed that out to all your neighbors and Bob's dog. ... I wouldn't accept any deals with anyone without thoroughly examining your options and consulting with someone who has experience. Which, I suppose, is what you're looking for here.

jacha and TamaSaga like this.
  4. Dramen

Dramen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since I have no experience or knowledge on the business side of this I'll leave the opinions on the offer for others to handle.

As for the 5-10 keywords essentially it means they'll let you pick 5-10 words (though that "nearly" makes that seem like a dodgy proposal) that when people search through their (offerer's) site and they happen to use a couple of the selected keywords they'll have your banners advertised on the site rather say another person's banners. It's similar to how if you search certain things on google the google ads slowly tailor themselves to align with your search history.

5. ZXu2002

ZXu2002 I am a idiot

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't know anything about this subject, but if you received this offer from the comment section or some other place where you usually only interact with readers, then maybe don't accept

Deleted member 89812 likes this.
  6. Ilisle

Ilisle Lord of the Northern Guards

Reading List:
    Link
    nay,

For me it would seem like a waste of time.

7. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    Just be careful not to get f*kku-ed

jacha likes this.
  8. Lirikan

Lirikan [Charming Mollusca] [Cephalopoda Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know why but the first thing that come to my mind is wujigege ?
    Sorry, I mean no harms just stating my opinion.

9. jacha

jacha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the advise, mina-san.
    I won't be accepting this "business" offer.

10. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    It's just a simple banner exchange deal. You need to ask whether the banner you put on their site gets its own placement or if the same placement is shared with other sites. If you don't have ads, accepting this will mean they get their own ad placement space, while they likely have several other sites placing ads on their site. So in this case, if there are 4 other site than yours putting ads on their site, your ad viewership will only be 20%, unless there is a weighted appearance programmed in, while they get 100% viewership because you don't have any other ads sharing that same space.

jacha likes this.