Discussion If you became a Dungeon Master?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Fire Tiger, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's mine (lol)

Theme: Goblin
    Dungeon Master: is the Goblin King
    Dungeon Master Unique Skill: Summon Special Goblin Units (summons already existing Goblins, so dead units will not show up again, meaning the more the power is used, the weaker the summoned Goblins become)
    Ambient: Forests and caves
    Major Boss: Goblin General x4 (Cavalry, Infantry, Artillery, and Intelligence)
    Minor Bosses: Goblin Chiefs, Goblin Troop, Goblin Mercs, Goblin Brigade
    Traps: arrow traps and poison arrow traps, pitfalls, flanking, random encounters, ambushes, sieges, falling logs, falling rocks, animal traps, etc...

A sort of special Dungeon where it is practically its own world. Special products, equipment, and food can be found in this Dungeon, but the Goblins are cowards and scare easily. Time moves differently inside, so when there is no one inside the Dungeon, the time speeds up abnormally, restocking the Dungeon with more Goblins from who knows where, complete with their own culture and living structure.

The main enemies are going to be the soldiers of the Goblin kingdom. The 'wild' goblins are in fact villagers or bandits. Cavalry are the infamous Goblin Riders, with large wolf mounts. Infantry are the foot soldiers and melee fighters. Some archers and thieves here and there. Artillery consists of magic users and powerful rangers. Intelligence are the information gatherers and strategists who use that info.

This is a war, and a heavily stacked one. The Dungeon requires a party of 20 people at least before it begins, but once it does, no one can enter anymore until everyone has left or died.

Goblins are notoriously weak creatures, but this Dungeon lets them show off their true capabilities as a race of adaptable beings.

AMissingLinguist and Fire Tiger like this.
  2. Fire Tiger

Fire Tiger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like it. One might think that a goblin dungeon would be relatively weaker, but one should never discount an army. I imagine that those who challenged it and survive would gain goblin minions or goblin forged items?

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  3. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    Goblin items, yeah. Or perhaps they learn the Goblin language and visit from time to time and perform quests or whatnot.

Of course, each time they enter the Dungeon, the player would see a co.pletely new king as time passes so quickly when no one is in it.

Fire Tiger likes this.
  4. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    An item that does something like this would be cool. Though, each time you use the summon, the Goblins would be different. But since they would be like people, it would be cool.

[​IMG]

Fire Tiger likes this.
  5. Fire Tiger

Reading List:
    Link
    If the summons are randomly generated, then if they were lucky, they could get a seriously powerful team or some weaker helpers. Either way a summoning tool is a good reward for a Dungeon.

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  6. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Below is my theme. It's needs a lot of work.

Theme: Comedy Park~
    Dungeon Master: Seiya Kanie
    Dungeon Master Unique Skill: Tells funny jokes and performs hilarious acts.
    Ambient: Colorful and Complex.
    Major Boss: Sakata Gintoki, Kotaro Tatsumi, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, Saitama
    Minor Bosses: Hideki Hinata, Hayate Ayasaki, Sakamoto, Osomatsu Matsuno
    Traps: Tickle Machines, Laughing Gas, Hidden Rooms, Break Room, Bed Room, Bath Room, Living Room.

7. Fire Tiger

Reading List:
    Link
    I would probably make the boss of a comedy dungeon a clown (maybe the Joker), but I'm only saying that since I don't know half of those characters.

AMissingLinguist and Evil_Ginger like this.
  8. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    Joker approves. But what is the goal of the Dungeon? Is there a big stage with which to perform?

Or is it just walking around and experiencing the antics of the characters?

Because Saitama may be funny to watch, he is not neccessarily funny interact with, you know?

AMissingLinguist and Fire Tiger like this.
  9. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    The goal of the dungeon is to not be exterminated, since I'm going to die if it does go kaput. There's no stage, since the whole dungeon is the stage. The characters are meant to stop any intruders with their antics and problem-making skills. As for Saitama, he's the last boss. He's supposed to be hard to interact with. (I put a lot more thought into this than I imagined. :hmm:)

Edit: Of course, I also believe my dungeon will self-destruct due to how difficult it would be to manage them. Poor planning on my part. :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    mir, Evil_Ginger and Fire Tiger like this.
  10. Fire Tiger

Reading List:
    Link
    Non lethal dungeons do work as well. Although they would usually be weak against invasion of other dungeon masters. But that isn't necessarily true if Saitama were to be the last line of defense.

mir, Evil_Ginger and AMissingLinguist like this.
  11. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    Heh, perhaps just have a bunch of these characters interacting with each other and the people entering the Dungeon are essentially paying with their mana/life energy/whatnot by watching it from the bleachers. Perhaps a VIP member gets to watch from plush leather recliners or something

mir, AMissingLinguist and Fire Tiger like this.
  12. Lirikan

Lirikan [Charming Mollusca] [Cephalopoda Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    I will make dungeon full of girls.

13. Fire Tiger

Reading List:
    Link
    A Brothel Dungeon? So is it filled with normal girls, monster girls, elves, fairies, angels, demons, or others?

14. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont want to let others touch my girls so they're gonna all be high level killers who hate other men besides me

Fire Tiger likes this.
  15. PercherTM

PercherTM Go go power ranger!

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah i love dungeon novels. especially those like evil god average tho i feel like i lean too much into spawning dragons as quick as possible and pawning other dungeon masters
    Theme: Dragons
    Dungeon Master: Primordial Dragon
    Dungeon Master Unique Skill: Aura: The skill of a king, pressure of a god. Subdue entities with your first dragon aura
    Ambient: Mountain ridges, Floating islands
    Major Boss: Azidahaka
    Minor Bosses: Fafnir, Levaithan , Tiamat
    Traps: None due to dragons pride

Fire Tiger likes this.
  16. Fire Tiger

Reading List:
    Link
    There wouldn't be a need for the adventurers to touch them. They could stand in a specific location and when someone approaches them, bam! They fall into a trap.

Dragons are a great choice of theme. There's many types of dragons, from water, to lightning, and of course fire dragons. Plus pretty much all of them are powerful. Therefore such a Dungeon would be a high level one that only the well experienced might attempt to conquer.

Although I would personally place a Dragon Dungeon on a mountain, specially a famous one like Everest, Fuji, the Alps, Kilimanjaro, etc.

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  17. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THEME [Divine: ungodly & godly]
    DUNGEON MASTER [Has dominion over miracles (curses) and faith (knowledge)]
    DUNGEON MASTER UNIQUE SKILL [Testament: can control all laws (precepts), concepts (truths), and powers (force) that are related to faith (wisdom)]

LOCATION [Vatican City, Rome: a place (tomb) worthy of sacrificial souls (points) craving on faith (desires)]
    AMBIENT [antiquity beyond (space) time]
    MAJOR BOSS [Dungeon Master]
    MINOR BOSSES [Is based on your heroic, demonic (concepts) and natural (truth) faith (force)]
    COMMON MONSTERS [Is based on your religious, scientific (concepts) and supernatural (truth) faith (force)]
    TRAPS [Is based on your fears, passions (concepts) and lack of faith (desires)]​

Fire Tiger likes this.
  18. Fire Tiger

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a well made Dungeon. A Dungeon with such religious themes in the middle of Vatican City would have a huge impact on modern society. Without mentioning adventurers, this Dungeon would probably attract all types of crowds from scholars to clergy. Plus there's also the point of that the theme is mighty powerful by itself. Overall it's a good one.

19. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To clear the Divine Dungeon would mean you have to be the bravest of braves. You must not think much, and you must not feel much. All your human emotions will be used against you. All your human knowledge will be used against you. All your human weaknesses and strengths will be used against you. Persevere with only the mindset of clearing this dungeon. Anything else will hinder you, lay your efforts to waste, and ultimately ruin you. This is the dungeon most suppressing to mortals. Only mortals can enter this dungeon. Supernatural creatures will be turn into points the moment they enter the Divine Dungeon.

In a nutshell, atheists would likely clear the Divine Dungeon, only if they possess abnormal bravery even against antique or modern artillery.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    Fire Tiger likes this.
  20. Drake888

Drake888 That one guy. You know, the one over there.

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem, as always, is the start. How do my opponents get their start? How well do modern weapons work against my dungeon? For anybody to escape any dungeon the starting powers need to be carefully defined. Also, I see now that we are responsible for luring in our own victims but I feel you underestimate how willing humans are to take risks for possible profit. Those with attractive rewards will draw most of the focus, true, but that is where the effectiveness of modern weaponry becomes the most important detail. I'm assuming plot armor prevents the dungeons from being nuked but how far can a fully armed battalion get? And which dungeon do you think is more likely to get swarmed by trained soldiers? The one with goodies or the one with deathtraps? While the dungeons you are picturing get picked apart by the military might of entire nations, unappealing dungeons will be swarmed by people who believe they can make a profit and just need to get into ANY dungeon. By the time the smoke settles, the dungeons that are good for a story would be taken over. Meanwhile, the deathtrap dungeons would have been fed a steady stream of treasure hunters who refused to listen to warnings and advice. And if I picked a third- world country they would be encouraged for the small chance that they would succeed. Weak countries would happily throw bodies at the problem and later be amenable to deals. That would lead to the second act. The malicious dungeons, and the dungeons controlled by various governments. I doubt more than a few "fun" dungeons would survive.

Fire Tiger likes this.