Feature Request Deleting Reviews

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Deleted member 125960, Jul 15, 2019.

?

Who’s with me?

1. *raises hand*

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. *raises handgun*

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. *stares*

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Deleted member 125960

Deleted member 125960 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    We should be able to delete our own reviews.

Eila Mai likes this.
  2. crimsonwolf8439

crimsonwolf8439 My generation has come and gone...

Reading List:
    Link
    What novel could make you eat your words?

3. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    lol. I notice that some people edit their reviews and change it to positive or negative review.

4. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering the staggering amount of 5 chapter "reviews" on NU...

5. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Triple post. Use the +Quote button or edit your post. I remember branding that knowledge on you. Do not tell me your memory fails you and you've been repeatedly making the same offense.

6. Deleted member 125960

Deleted member 125960 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    :sweating_profusely:

Eila Mai likes this.
  7. Luneder

Luneder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The review system in general needs worked on to filter out the troll bots spamming 1 star rating on every novel on the site. Several new novels were getting 1 star ratings within seconds of being posted up for the first time and 10-20 of them at that. At the same time the system should promote reviewing in general to give an accurate gauge of how good the novel actually is.

Just look at the difference between RRL and NU. A 50-100 chapter novel on NU will have 10-15 reviews on average while on RRL a 50-100 chapter novel with similar word count will have 300 reviews with plenty of written reviews to understand if the novel is really good or not. Either due to format or the advanced review options RRL users are more likely to write reviews than NU users even though pretty much all RRL users also use NU.

8. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    RRL is a site for authors, reviews are direct feedback on the author's work.

NU is a site for readers that want to read translated work, reviews are just a way of helping any reader make a slightly more informed decision over rather or not they should read the series.

There is a very good reason RRL has way more review than NU.

9. Luneder

Luneder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you missed the point entirely, NU has a crappy review system all together users have been making posts about it for years now that it is crap. I trust reviews on other sites more than I do on NU because the ratings mean nothing on NU because there are so few reviews that translators and troll bots are abusing it. Really bad novels are getting high scores and good novels are getting bad scores. A novel I tried reading a while ago had such a bad translator it wasn't even readable but the translator made fake accounts and 5 stared it up and since so few people write reviews counter voting had little effect.

also "reviews are just a way of helping any reader make a slightly more informed decision over rather or not they should read the series." is wrong most people do judge books by their covers as much as saying says not to. I am an artist and book covers is one of the things I do this is a subject I am educated on and is part of work because a combination of high reviews and positive reviews helps me to know if my art attracts readers and also to know if the novel will bring me more work.

A client had me do art for a novel and due to reviews on the novel later I found out the novel wasn't his at which point I stopped doing work for the guy and threatened to sue him if he used my art. The reviews saved me from getting caught in a big legal battle. Last I heard Amazon and the original author was after the guy while I gave what contact information I had of the guy to them.

10. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, but the one that commissions arts are the authors, not the translators, so your last 2 paragraphs are pointless. Reviews on NU help nobody except readers.
    I agree that most people judge a book by its cover though, but nobody on NU has any power over the cover because that's something the author works with, not us.

As for the earlier paragraphs, few free to report any novel that you believe is receiving ratings from bots or because a translator is pushing people to give undeserved high ratings for the novel, it happened a few times before and those ratings were removed.

If you have any suggestions on how to improve the review system of NU, feel free to make a new thread highlighting those points and maybe Tony will actually implement it if he thinks your points have any merit. Right now you're just saying that RRL's system is better without giving any reason to why it is better. (Well, you said RRL has more reviews, but that's because reviews are meaningful for the authors in RRL, while over here only readers care about it.)

11. Melodious Nocturne

Melodious Nocturne [Dance, water, dance!] [My name is Demyx!]

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree.