Question Thirsty Self-inserts

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Crash-san, Jul 23, 2019.

?

Would you make a harem if you are reborn/transmigrated to a fictional world

1. Yes (immediately)

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  2. Yes (eventually)

15 vote(s)
    18.1%
  3. No

40 vote(s)
    48.2%
  4. Maybe

25 vote(s)
    30.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crash-san

Crash-san Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been reading LOTS of SI/OC fics/webnovels lately and I can't help but notice the number of horny-thirsty-mindless MCs that made it their life mission to gather all the female characters of the story; damning the original plot, ships, and future characters.

My question is, if you find yourself reborn/transmigrated to a fictional world would you really start thinking about making a harem (immediately/eventually)?

It kinda ruins the plot for me. Just wanna know if I'm alone in this boat.

2. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    Obviously depends on the world. If I was reborn in 100 bc Earth, then I doubt my taste in women would be reflective of the society back then and I'd probably rather die than try to hook up with anything around me there... unless I had an authority fetish and aimed for the historically important women.

Also won't bother if it's a world where tsundere is the dominant gene. That's just too much stress for me to bother with...

3. Crash-san

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd be more wary of yandere, personally.

lucjanssens likes this.
  4. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, yes I would. Although I will not force it, it would be more of I dont mind if it happens. That being said I love the option of a single true lover way more though, you know a sweet couple.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  5. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    It's hard for me to even have friends, the very short periods of my life when I ever used to be in a relationship were horrible, awkward and super emotionally and mentally taxing and being on a relationship with more than one person is basically a ticked to a mental hospital

eulerman and Crash-san like this.
  6. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. But then again I'm a woman. Don't want a bunch of guys after me. Leave this to fiction. I'll try not to ruin any future pairings and maybe try to prevent a disaster or two if I'm very OP.

dio, Cutter Masterson and Crash-san like this.
  7. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly don't know but probably not, if I go to an isekai, I will be busy turning it into a waste land :blobdevil:

8. Crash-san

Reading List:
    Link
    Splitting your time and affection equally is such an impossible thing for me to imagine. I needed weeks of rest after being socially and mentally exhausted keeping up with friends; can't imagine doing it when you're in a committed relationship.

9. HappyHavak

HappyHavak The Laughing Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    Hell no. Harems can be fun to read about but the idea of actually having one makes me cringe. One relationship is hard enough to manage ffs.

philosopher17 and Bloodysin28 like this.
  10. Bloodysin28

Bloodysin28 The victim of true evil that is reality

Reading List:
    Link
    All this si's reflect authors own desires,not all harem fanfiction feel bad like one of my current favorite fanfiction the wish of the dragon, has a massive harem but doesn't turn of the story as it's a mainly high school dxd fanfiction where issei gets ntred but undergoes vast amounts of power and character development and the harem play the major role in it.

11. eulerman

eulerman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would I? I would be too busy training to the next stage ad infinity to worry about love.

Also did you read female characters personalities? No way can I have a relationship with anyone of them. And so you know, the bland summisive one is the worse

12. Bloodysin28

Bloodysin28 The victim of true evil that is reality

Reading List:
    Link
    Sjw liberal stereotypes are waay more worse than tsunderes and horrifyingly more real

Boredgasm likes this.
  13. JazraelHarken

JazraelHarken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As a person who prefers monogamous relationships, no. Even if the circumstances legally permit me to do so, or even expect me to do so, I'd still rather give all my love and attention to a single person.

ludagad likes this.
  14. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I go with no in the first try, but then remember that I am writing a wish fulfilment, so maybe, but still leaning towards the no section.

Human interaction and relations are complex. Sometimes you said something, they infer it wrongly and shit happen. Sometimes you do nothing and they have a few wires loose and shit happens. Sometimes you are not in the general vicinity and shit can still happen as they went down their own memory lane.

15. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe
    It depends as how i was born (human, demon, dragon, elf, goblin, etc) and more of the fact if that world is magic, cultivation, mecha or a normal plain world and the most important part is if i fall in love with more than one girl in the first place and if they love me back or not

16. Omniscient Viper

Omniscient Viper [Evil MC Enthusiast] [Park Jimin Biased]

Reading List:
    Link
    Harem's 9 times out of 10 would not go as good as these novels depict them. Way too much time, drama and effort Involved. and I guarantee there's not a single girl who would like it if their husband left them for years only to come back with a new "trophy" to show off. I wouldn't dare compare a wish-fulfillment harem story to an actual harem, so my answer is no. I wouldn't put myself through that hell.

Moonpearl likes this.
  17. Warlock Of The Void

Warlock Of The Void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bold of u to assume that even if I reincarnate/transmigrate/etc. that I will suddenly become so attractive that I could have a harem.
    This is what I don't like about fanfics ( especially with CN themes ) that just make characters less human and more trophies/achievements to be unlocked using a set pattern. That's not how it works , if u r in their world , definitely assume they r real and have their own thoughts and would work differently for u than they did in the story.
    God , that's why good fanfics r so hard to find.
    I find it really weird that fanfics being written by fans don't do justice to source material.

18. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah.

19. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally I’d be happy to find one, but if by chance someone else did came along. I’d probably push them away, but if they persist. I’d consider it if they could convince my girl.
    Also if it’s a world of like the population is 98% women. It’ll be tough to be a couple. If it’s during the stone age days. I’ve seen a few hentai were the women we’re really hot. So probably wouldn’t say no.
    There is one exception. Their is a limit on how many. I think my limit is between 5 and 10. No more.
    I guess in the end it all depends. The environment, culture or even the population. So I’m leaning towards yes eventually.

20. Lored

Lored Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You need to be rich and handsome if you want to get a harem in the first place otherwise it would be hard to attract even 1 girl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.