LCD Godly Stay-Home Dad

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Cosmic_, Dec 29, 2018.

1. nyaohagi

nyaohagi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    was reading tapread till 80 plus, then I realize it's not in order ._.

2. Boon

Boon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Has the quality of the TL / editing improved to a decent level? This was such a pleasant read and tapread just destroyed it.

3. Entail

Entail Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it improved a while ago, but I don't know if they went back to fix earlier chapters

4. Boon

Boon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've started reading it once again. It looks like they went back and fixed quite a bit, most of it in fact. They still get he/she his/hers him/her mixed up all the time, but apart from that it's very readable now.

5. Insanityplea

Insanityplea *Head Tilt*....*Fart*

Reading List:
    Link
    So what you are saying is as long as the text isnt "Wow, SoNSo's son/daughter..." we should take any form of gender notation with a grain of salt cause its a crap shoot....

ill keep waiting til they can at least differentiate if what im reading about has a dick or not. Would suck to sympathize with a woman about losing her husband to some other dude just to find out I had it wrong and the it was a gay couple and the 'wife' lost HIS husband to another guy. It changes things a lot with my mental thoughtscape on how things are playing out. I have this thing called 'An Imagination' that likes to make images and panels directly related to what im reading, kinda like a movie in my head, and not having the proper genders then getting a correction would throw it all out of whack. Like an Isekai harem douchelord finding out the girl hes been hitting on for the past 20 chapters is actually a true trap.

And yes, I understand that Chinese doesnt have a direct Him/Her thing like English. Kinda confuses me as to why it and other languages dont but whatever.

Maid Chan likes this.
  6. CloudDaoist

CloudDaoist Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's actually quite obvious to differentiate.. but tapread use machine instead human to translate even though they were the official copyright holder.. so.. yeah.. they keep up with the reputation of made in china..

7. Insanityplea

Insanityplea *Head Tilt*....*Fart*

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it easy to tell the difference in gender? I dont know anything about the Chinese language except written it has like 50k+ characters or symbols or w/e. Oh and it has like 32? ways to say penis (could be wrong, I read it online after all) but that might be counting slang....otherwise it would be horribly stupid if there wasnt a him/her denotation yet 32 characters (or character combinations) for penis :blob_teary:. Honestly if its in writing they could just use the ♂ or ♀ symbols. "Hey, have you met Ashley? ♀ is hot as hell!"..it works! kinda...maybe...sorta.

8. Entail

Entail Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp, paywall finally kicked in and the daily check-in didn't give me enough to read the chapter so I guess I'm finally dropping the series.
    Its a shame too since I liked this one.

9. aldrie95

aldrie95 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a site that already finished translating the whole novel though it's much worse in quality than tapread but if you're desperate like me, you'll read through it I guess.

10. shuiko

shuiko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Translated is a bigggggggggg nope. THey just copy pasted MTL and hit spell check. It's really bad for if you're a native Eng speaker. 99% of MTL's are so bad if you grew up speaking and reading ENG it actually kills your brain cells to read stuff like that.

11. aldrie95

aldrie95 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ikr but you only have a few choices anyway, pay for decently translated chapters, read free horrible MTL or learn Chinese. The last one is obviously not achievable in a short amount of timeso yeah. Desperate measures for desperate people

12. Boon

Boon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Paywall doesn't stop the aggregator sites apparently. I keep track of my agg lists by posting the latest read chapter as my chapter notes, or keeping the TOC posted in the notes while keeping track using the manual tracking option for the list.

13. DavidKim

DavidKim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn the raws just finished.. It was a great ride, definitely one of my favorite novels.