Role Playing This Otherworld Summoning Is Just Too Much! (Registration Open)

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by System, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    That's terrifying in completely another manner. :notlikeblob:

2. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
  3. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    *waves tentacles*

Deleted member 125960 likes this.
  4. Exitiumm

Exitiumm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am curiously interested indeed.

5. wisler01

wisler01 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This Seems interesting, may as well join

6. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Damn that really hurt," I said as I rubbed my head, "What happened?" I asked to no one in particular looking around the strange room he had never been in before. Seemingly rich interior that might belong to a CEO of a large organization or maybe a politician, though outside the windows and the screen doors was pure darkness.

'Alright so what happened before I woke up in this room?' I started trying to organize my thoughts, 'Alright so I was walking around town with my friends and... these punks came up and started being dicks to the girls... I told them to back off... and...'

"I was stabbed huh?" I said feeling my chest which had no hole in it, "I knocked out three of them, but that one asshole...," I said thinking about what that could mean.

"Well if this is the afterlife I hope that TV has a lot of shows or else this could get boring quickly," I said looking around the house before...

"Hello?" I said reflexively seeing another person.
    @A5G_Reaper

7. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Citizen Haitaka. Would-be cause of death, hypovolemic shock. Welcome to the crossroad."

I plainly tell the newly deceased. Small tidbit, it's up to me where to attend the world-hopper as long as I get it done. I dont really get why other crossroad managers specifically allocate a small room that is given an illusion of vast emptiness when it can be done just fine in the living room. It's a waste of space I tell them but nooo, giving godly impression is too important. We're godly enough I say! See? The brat is dumbstruck to my divine presence. Totally not because I'm wearing white facial mask with cucumber slice on my eyes and towel rolled around my hair, nay sir!

Where were we again? Ah, right. Introduction.

"What are you gaping at? Read this."

I flick my wrist, sending the small guidebook which is basically an abridged version of what is known about hoppers, according to the BBoss' research. I ain't iterating it all to every single one that appears, that'd be a pain. They tend to have surprisingly good memory anyway, so they'll memorize it quickly.

In a nutshell, they're cosmic anomalies that, instead of reincarnating like good souls would, flies out of the cycle like a vampire out of a chapel. In the process they'll collide with other souls and most of the time it break all parties involved, but on rare cases they somehow didn't and get stronger instead. To the point that they retain full memories of their previous life as well as heightened power.

So! To prevent these folk from wrecking havoc and starting revolutions, we have to manipulate the fact an eetsy little bit. Currently this one's reading that because of accumulated good karma across its lifetimes (yeah right) it culminates in another chance of life after it die (with a lot of flowery words). Just that bit will tend to steer them off the path of destruction, to the inconvenience of the local religious head a.k.a. other gods.

Next part would be trimming their power. Of course we're prohibited from consuming souls, that causes war between deities in the past and we've long graduated from that manner of barbarism. But we could get them to waste it on useless stuff. Like physical properties. Especially physical properties. Section two of the booklet address exactly that - whether they want to keep their current body with footnote saying that gender is not guaranteed if they choose rebirth from infancy; if there's any facet they'd like change, like scars or deformity or plain old ugliness; stuff like that.

And then third section is about powers. We list the mundane ones like good health, fertility, a/b/c/etc elemental aptitude, basically perks that people could possibly born with. Then the stronger but still less massively impactful powers like abnormal strength, regeneration, spider instinct, loli-attracting aura (whatever that means. BBoss added it recently), regeneration, and the likes. Finally, it's the sections that only abnormally powerful souls can reach - herculean strength, dragon's blood, elemental mastery, basically stuff that make legends.

Of course, we intentionally neglect to mention that creative thinking is available. That's how the likes of nuclear mage come into existence. We dub the resulting crater Not-Chernobyl.

"Are you done reading? According to the scan you have [redacted due to privacy policy] points, please allocate accordingly."

8. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Lets see," I said while thinking about the best way to survive in a different world, "It would have to be healing and learning no?" I say mostly to myself.

"Relying on other people would be dicey at best, and I'm not sure how most people would react to someone from a different world" I said while thinking carefully to reaffirm my decision.

"If I can heal myself in battle quickly I should be able to survive, though healing others would be good too," I said thinking out loud hoping that the Goddess which totally wasn't interrupted during a spa day might start getting a picture of my idea.

"And learning skills quickly would make life much easier," I said having decided.

"I'd like a strong healing ability and improved learning if I have the points available," I said pretty happy with my choices.
    @A5G_Reaper

9. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    "Yes, we could allocate on that. I assume you'll keep your current body. The midpoint would be..."

I take out a calculator and input rapidly.

"Rapid regeneration that close clean cuts so quickly that you'll never bleed out from that. Regrows lost limbs in about three hours, but you can overclock the regeneration to gain that much recovery within three seconds but completely shut it down for a day. As for learning, it's a bit vague but it generally cut down the learning time of anything by half. Of course, it's up to you. The world will probably end before you learn Elder Tongue, perks or not."

Whoops, blabbered again. Hope it didn't notice.

"As for the top ends, it involves being able to regrow limbs almost instantly and recover from anything as long as your head or heart is intact. Depends on which piece your soul picks. The other side allow you to make a progress ten times as fast as normal people. Still no Elder Tongue mind you."

I tap the "Clear All" button on the calculator.

"Conversely, overpowering on one aspect make the other basically useless. You'll get to regrow adult teeth, at the same rate as normal growth. Or you'll be able to recite the ABC song backward, while instantly pinpointing the exact order of a letter."

I store the calculator.

"So, make your decision."

10. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    "One last question," I said thinking quickly, "What about True Words?"

11. BlueStar413

BlueStar413 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    (( >x< )) *quietly wonders how to join said casual roleplay*

12. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    "Not for you to think about. Maybe after divine ascension, if ever."

13. CinnamonRoll

CinnamonRoll Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From the first post I read, we need to wait for them to finish their scripted intro into this world.

14. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Hmm," I said thinking about the stories by Ursula K. Le Guin and how she handled True Words in here book, "In that cause I think I've decided," I said trying to stop second guessing myself.

"I'd like to double down on healing magic"

15. Nightlily

Nightlily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *Plants flag of interest*

16. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    "Recovery, you mean? Healing magic is an entirely different section."

17. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    "What would I get if I put all the points into healing magic then?" I asked after confirming the other world has magic

18. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    "There's the affinity for healing magic. Basically you'll be able to subconsciously develop the spells, as well as pick it up faster from an existing record or teacher. The higher the affinity, the better spells and the faster you learn. At your points, I think you could get to above average if you go blind. That's at the level of healing a handful of borderline fatality cases per day, or restore a small company of moderately injured back to fighting shape. If you somehow get the best tutor and resource one normally can find, you could well do more than ten times the capacity from before. I reckon that's about the top ten percent of the healers? My census data is a bit outdated."

Deleted member 125960 and Blitz like this.
  19. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    'So I'd have to learn it myself," I say before finally deciding, "I'll go with the original healing ability you offered then"

"I don't need the learning ability since I already pick up on things quickly"

20. A5G_Reaper

Reading List:
    Link
    "Alright! Oh wait, I almost forgot. Your blood will be able to heal people, although it's a lot less effective and lose potency fast enough. It'll close moderate injuries, but for deep wounds might as well prepare the funeral yes?"

I take out a registration form.

"Alright, fill these please. Previous identity, abilities chosen, etc..."

BlueStar413, Blitz and Haitaka like this.