Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. YaoiMom22

YaoiMom22 Madam Lan (XiChen) ... for reasons.

Reading List:
    Link
    https://v.qq.com/x/cover/vbb35hm6m6da1wc/j0031haomix.html A link to that spoilery PV featuring a drunk Wangji hehe

Also I could not agree more with your comments and YAY they read the book!!! I'd love to know what they thought of it.

Sauling and setsuna3025 like this.
  2. YaoiMom22

YaoiMom22 Madam Lan (XiChen) ... for reasons.

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  3. Vel

Vel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, both of them are amazing^^ I wasn't so sure at first about WYB but after few episodes he was already perfect LWJ:blobsmilehappyeyes:the very subtle way he was showing any emotions in just slightly changing the way he was looking is pretty stunning, expecialy for such a young actor. And now the scene when he is being punished... :blob_teary:
    Oh, so maybe thats why i'm getting this bl vibes from the way they are looking at each other, even more reason to praise them:aww:
    It would be so nice if they would do the full drunk scene just like in the novel - it would be so sweet and funny, but oh welll, can live with that if the ending will not leave any bittersweet feelings:notlikeblob:

Sauling likes this.
  4. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    hahah IKR the way he leave was just so damn cute and funny

im understandin half of it when watchin the raws, but aft i see got sub alreadi go bak and watch again ahahhahahahaha

oh ya he has the red eyeline under his eyes make him look more like on the brink of snappin and he cry his eye out. lololol

lets pray they don get separate

Sauling likes this.
  5. Chibi WangXian

Chibi WangXian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it true that donghua s2 will come out at the end of august?

6. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Haha, I've already seen the Trailer to that episode xD ;) But @Vel should check that on her end, since she haven't seen it yet :blobok:

Yeah, they read the novels to get a better understanding of the characters that they are playing. I would also love to know what they thought of it, but so far from what I gathered on interviews, the actress that plays Yanli ships Wangxian on her end :blobicecreamlove: [It's so funny that when she was asked to choose between Wei Ying or Lan Zhan, she chose 'Wangxian' xD :blobjoy: Like honestly, that's my answer too if someone asks me to choose lollll :blobrofl:]. Also, Xiao Zhan understands his character Wei Ying a lot, and he even wrote a 'farewell message' wishing his character 'Wei Ying well' after the whole filming ended, and that actually makes me love him more for it. As for the whole 'Wangxian', I'm sure both Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo understood the depth of their relationship (seeing how both have read the novel themselves), that's why their chemistry is so well in-sync with each other that makes it so endearing to watch :bloblove:

There was one part in the BTS that was really funny between Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo, because Xiao Zhan wanted Yibo to choose him, and Yibo (knowing this) purposely didn't choose him no matter what and have to really (which I see is) tease him for not giving him what he wants, and fans was like "Yibo, please have mercy, LOL" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Anyways, here's the video:

Someone translated partial of this interview on Facebook LOL [I have added some parts in myself so you can get the full context [bold parts is from me]
    Question: If you were stranded in an island with the following two and you can only pick one to be with you while another get dumped into the sea, who would you pick?

Choice : Between WWX and JC, who would you choose?

Yibo: Jiang Cheng
    XZ: Wait a minute, you said leave Jiang Cheng and dump Wei Wuxian into the sea?
    Yibo: Correct, Correct, Correct Because WWX is too chatty.
    XZ: But isn' it not so good?
    Yibo: What not good? (He clearly knows lol)
    XZ: Because if this is Lan Wangji, he would hope the person to stay with him is Wei Wuxian
    Yibo: But right now, I'm speaking from my perspective, not as Lan Zhan.
    XZ: Ok, from your perspective to these questions... ok...

(ME: Yeah, well WYB, you're speaking from your own perspective here, but the next question between Sizhui and JingYi, he chose Sizhui (lol) because he said because he raised him, so there, he was speaking from LZ perspectives LOL (and XZ actually feels sorry for JingYi xD).

Question: Sizhui or Jingyi
    Yibo: Sizhui
    XZ: Why?
    Yibo: Because I brought him up
    XZ: (Shocked) Jingyi... (feels sorry for him) Isn't he your sect disciple?
    *Yibo did said something afterwards, but didn't get what he's saying*

Question :If you were to copy someone's answer during exam, who would you choose?
    Choice : Between WWX and Lil Apple?

Yibo: I did rather depends on myself.
    Xiao Zhan : You do know who is Lil Apple, right?
    Yibo: Yes, a donkey.
    Xiao Zhan: You know who is WWX then?
    Yibo : A human. But i still dont want to copy either of your answers. I rather depend on myself.

Question: How about between Wen Ning and Fairy? Who would you copy answer from?

Yibo: Wen Ning of course. Because he is a human (and Fairy is a dog.)

Xiao Zhan: ......pls have mercy

My reaction: Poor Xiao Zhan lollll (but honestly, with how I see this is, WYB is cold and is an introvert but when he warms up to you, then he's actually a nice guy (that's what XZ said), and the reason why WYB didn't choose Xiao Zhan (WY) is because (1) XZ was actually hoping he would choose him, but WYB didn't want to give him what he wanted (so he wanted to tease him there), and (2) If WYB can actually do that to him, it shows that he's comfortable to do this to him, so in summary it shows they're close friends IRL, so I actually love that on my end :aww: [Despite I still feel for XZ at times like this (lol)]

Yeah, same here, for me, I always thought Lan Zhan is just too perfect of a character to play out, and no matter who plays him, it cannot be compared to the Lan Zhan in my image, but honestly, after watching the live-action, seeing Wang Yibo performance in his character, makes me glad that Wang Yibo got the role because he makes Lan Zhan really natural to watch, it's like he really is the perfect Lan Zhan.

Apparently, this was from an article (Source: https://twitter.com/MoDaoVSZuShi/status/1154778603609047041
    And I'm honestly glad they gave Wang Yibo a chance, because to me, he is makes Lan Zhan so natural to watch :blobicecreamlove:

And another source here: (Part 1) and (Part 2)

Thanks for sharing this, I've watched it and both of them are really good, Lan Zhan always tugs my heart, it's so sad :blob_teary::blob_teary:

Tencent is really great giving us all these official MV's!!! :bloblove::bloblove:

Ahh, then we are the same, I am understanding half also when watching the raws, and yeah, that red-eye liner sure does xD but I'll take it anyway Lolol

I am praying really hard here, If they separate and that being the end of it, I will be very disappointed :blob_teary::blob_teary: I seriously hope it won't go that route. Wangxian deserves their happiness, so let's hope that the ending will deliver something positive for the fans.

setsuna3025 likes this.
  7. Chibi WangXian

Chibi WangXian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for sharing this video..soooo many previews for next next coming episodes...dear next week, please be nice to me..come quickly.

I love their songs so much..especially LWJ character song..

Sauling likes this.
  8. shuwei

shuwei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is a controversial topic but I think fans should know this sooner than later so they can quit the drama if need be. this is from part 16 of the "20 things about CQL" interview with the production staff that @Sauling already posted:

"片尾曲出现的两人在山顶的一幕,的确就是全片的大结局。至于是happy ending还是bad ending,杨夏表示暂不透露,但肯定是让大家“又哭又笑”。
    "the scene of the two on the mountain top that appeared in the ED, is indeed the final scene of the whole film. as for whether it’s a happy ending or bad ending, Yang Xia (producer and screenwriter) will not reveal, but said that it will definitely make everyone “cry and laugh”"
    source

I know Guardian's drama ending affected people for months. Guardian was a drama that have absolutely no reason to have a sad ending, but it did and really caught people off guard. so anyone who can't accept anything other than a true and confirmed HE should tread carefully

9. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    I also read about that on twitter too, but I didn't want this to be the truth... LIKE THERE IS MORE TO IT THAN WHAT'S SAID!! I mean, I can handle if they separate only as a temporary separation , but they HAVE to meet again before the final scene, for me to be alright with it!... I don't know whether to take the 'laugh' part as something positive or not, 'cry', yeah, I will seriously cry because I would hate that kind of ending for Wangxian, not after everything they've been through, this second chance etc, why would they do this to the fans? :blobsob:Can they not travel together? It's not like we asked them to be canon like in the novel, I don't need them to kiss, I don't need them to have papapa, I don't need them to confess in the live-action, all I ask for is a scene where it's implied they are traveling together, going on night hunts together. Is that so hard? It makes zero sense to me why they have to separate at the end...[I want to hold onto that hope, but now? What am I going to do? What can I do? :blobconfounded:]

'The final scene to the whole film.... The final scene to the whole film... ', honestly, what can I take the 'laugh' as? A mockery of 'what did I just watched?' This is so sad and depressing for fans who comes to love this drama, where we love the casts (and this version of Wangxian so much), that giving them an ending like this is too cruel and sad imo.

He won't confirm if it's a happy or bad ending, but isn't.... saying 'the final scene to the whole film' already told us it's a bad ending...!!! :blobsob: :blob_teary:

P.S: If that is the actual ending, then I will never understood fans who read the script and learned about the ending, where they said something that they can rest assured and watch the live-action happily now....How can they be happy, and reassured us? [This is so disappointing for me on a personal level... :blobsob:]

mereumsama and setsuna3025 like this.
  10. shuwei

shuwei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well, I mean "laugh and cry" is the the classic description for open endings. so personally I think there will be IMPLICATION that they will be together in the future, but it won't be clear. either way it won't be described as "bad ending" because in cdrama definition, a bad ending is where one or both of them are dead lol, and this is clearly not going to happen.

P.S. the script and the final product after filming that makes it onscreen after all the edits and cuts can be very different. I don't know when those fans read which version of which script but this interview was from last week

11. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, I'm not one for 'Open endings' not after all they've been through, I much prefer there is a closure. An ending to me is a 'conclusion' that summarize the entire story from the beginning to the end...

As far as 'bad ending' go, it depends on one's outlook to this term. To me, having Wangxian separate at the end, is a bad ending.
    Ofcourse I do not doubt that they will meet each other again, because they are both are alive, and I'm sure there are implications for this, like that phrase Wei Ying said: "Lan Zhan, next time we meet, you better come up with the name of the song" (which was one of the quotes in the official MV to Wuji), and Lan Zhan replied (in his mind) that he already have the name of the song...

BUT IT STILL MAKES ZERO SENSE WHY THEY HAVE TO WALK SEPARATE PATHS AT THE END!!

To me, it's a bad ending in that sense because they literally got this second chance, we are not asking for them to out-right confess to each other ofcourse because of the censorship(sad reality.........), but them going on night hunts would have been a much more better/satisfying ending... But to say that is their ending, is like saying they are walking separate paths at the end, and this is all they got, after all this? Isn't this on it's own already a 'bad ending'? Anyways, that is definitely a bad ending to me because their separation is like them walking separate paths to me, and I really feel like it's a slap to the face for any fans who wish they don't have to separate, and I honestly, don't have the heart to even make jokes or laugh anymore, because this revelation literally just killed the whole thing for me..

I know I sounded grouchy, but hard not to when I've come to love the Wangxian in this adaptation....

Will I continue watching it? Well.... Yes, I will, but honestly, I am utterly disappointed that is the ending to Wangxian in the drama...I know I always said I prefer the novel ending better, but I didn't want to think or hope the ending to the live-action is like this. As a fan, I can't say if I have read the script and knowing that's the ending, I can make that comment saying I can watch this drama happily to the end now. I rather NOT know about this because at least I can still have that little hope for them in getting a 'happy end'.... Now I am watching this with that in mind, really did kill the enjoyment for me, because I will feel jaded and not want to put so much heart into it because I know this is the ending they're getting, this is why I said, if it's a bad ending, please don't reassure me and tell me until the end, because at least I can still enjoy it...But now? *all hope lost in getting that ending that I wanted...* I still love Wangxian in the live-action ofcourse, because I love them so much, this is why I am so disappointed on my end...

Back for some positive news at least........ https://mobile.twitter.com/MoDaoVSZuShi/status/1154774665409245184 If that is the case, they better have the original casts, especially Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo as Wei Ying and Lan Zhan!!!

Vel, YaoiMom22 and setsuna3025 like this.
  12. setsuna3025

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdevil::blobdevil::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob: noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wtffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    :blob_patpat::blob_patpat::blob_patpat::blob_patpat: *flips table*

Vel, YaoiMom22 and Sauling like this.
  13. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    *Flips table with you*
    I shared a link on my post earlier (just before your reply) so that's something positive at least :blob_teary:

Vel, setsuna3025 and YaoiMom22 like this.
  14. Yaoilover-89

Yaoilover-89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much!!! :aww::aww::aww:

:blobflag: HELP PLEASE!!! :blobflag:
    Is this coming from me or has Twitter's appearance changed?!! :blobsleepless::blobsleepless::blobsleepless:
    What are these columns left and right that I can't remove?! :blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip: And the images of the tweets are all cropped, I have to click on the image to see it in its entirety...

I'm on computer, using Chrome and I have to remove "mobile" in the URL, so it doesn't come from that.
    Please let someone tell me that I can put it back the way it was before! :blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

15. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Does it not work when you click into the link? It directs you to that page. Maybe try using your phone? It works on my phone and computer. On my computer I used Firefox

Yaoilover-89 likes this.
  16. setsuna3025

Reading List:
    Link
    Vel and Sauling like this.
  17. HeRhea

HeRhea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for sharing this information. I am devastated. :blobdead:

As @Sauling and @setsuna3025 have already pointed out, even an open ending won’t make any sense considering their storyline as a whole. An ending like that is a cop-out and really just an unfair thing to do. Not only towards an audience but towards the source material. Even if they will hint wangxian finding each other again in the future, the message the story relays is not very couraging one. ”After all the obstacles, trials and personal growth Wwx and Lwj still can’t travel together.”

I am not familiar with chinese dramas, their tropes etc, but is an open ending something typically found in dramas like these? Because now I truly fear, that, considering the nature of the drama, the ending is a condition set by the ”higher-ups.”

I’ve already decided not to watch the last two episodes/ avoid spoilers before I’ve heard how it will end exactly. This news only confirms it.

If they separate without seeing each other again in the drama, then, it’ll end in ep 48 for me. Ending is really paramount for me in stories and I can’t deal with an open ending like this. So @shuwei thank you for warning us beforehand. :notworthy:

I am, too, baffled at how some chinese fans having read the scrip for the last episode can consider it a good one. Now I would be very eager tho know how the mainland fans have taken this news. Could anyone provide any insight, please?

I can’t imagine them being pleased with this...:blobawkward::blobawkward:

Vel, Sauling and setsuna3025 like this.
  18. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you about your feelings. It is definitely not satisfying as a whole because I am someone who treats and judge and ending as the story conclusion. So yeah with this revelation I'm still not happy with this, I mean looking at what they've been through and all we ask is for them to stay and travel together...

Not all Chinese stories are like this, I mean 三生三世 have a proper closure that is even better than the novel IMO. It exceeded the novel for me in terms of a perfect closure for the main pairing. As for it being a trope for BL adaptations I guess so, due to the fear of censorship (I really hate Chinese Government for restraining writers to write freely, given it being a fiction story, are they so close minded that they can't even allow fiction characters in adaptation etc to have a happy ending?!)

On the bright side, it's been confirmed that they will be filming two side stories so perhaps in the side stories, Wangxian will meet again. I shared the link in here previously.

For me I will still watch this to the end and in my mind and heart I am cropping out the scene when they walked separate paths..... Because that scene is ooc when looking at their characters in the novel...:blobupset:

What I do know is that the Chinese government do restrain writers in writing freely in fictional stories, and even in TV drama adaptations, they can't have explicit BL, they can't have stories about death and reincarnation (that's why in the live action, it was never truly confirmed if WWX really died etc...), They adapt dramas that changes their history etc so honestly, I find all these restrictions so retarded because fiction should be about fiction and Creativity. Don't mix fiction with reality. I'm so done with these restriction coming from the Chinese Government....urgh :blob_catflip:

How can any fans who read the script be pleased with this kind of ending for Wangxian is really beyond my understanding. Unless they don't care about Wangxian in getting that kind of happy ending that they deserve. To me this ending is a bad one...

Vel and mereumsama like this.
  19. shuwei

shuwei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well, I can tell you what happened last year to Guardian, the most popular BL adaptation since Addicted got banned to oblivion, and how it has traumatized danmei fans for a lifetime

novel - OTP lives together like a married couple
    drama - both dead, then appears in a weird galaxy space staring at each other in the most shoddy open endings of all time

and in case you think they care about the message of trials and tribulations, the ML in Guardian waited for MC for thousands of years

20. HeRhea

HeRhea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Generally speaking, who in their right mind would even want to give their story a bad ending anyway? Unless it fits narratively/ author wants to make a statement.

Regarding their government, just better I don’t say anything. Nothing nice to say about them. One can only hope they’ll regard the world and its ppl differently at some point in the future, though it might be too late, by then. :blobunamused:

Wish I was as brave as you, but rather stop watching altogether than see it to the end.:notlikeblob:

Apart from the side stories, if there is one last glimmer of hope left, the interview only mentions the last scene of the show. It doesn’t say anything about the end credits. I really have a hard time figuring out when the scene with wangxian standing next to a waterfall happens in the show other than right before the end. The setting really screams an ending for me. I guess it serves as a good warning sign, too. If we get the scene before the ending, I’ll know to stop watching. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that. :blobsleepless:

Sauling and Vel like this.