Discussion Meta

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Jojo775, Jul 27, 2019.

?

q

1. like it

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. hate it

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. don't care

12 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate it, games should be balanced and not bothering players to relearn what is strong or weak every month. This only benefits pro players which are what, 0,0001% of players? What do you think?

2. kenar

kenar ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ

Reading List:
    Link
    meta is okay imo. what I don't like is meta plus micro transaction :blobconfused:

justmehere likes this.
  3. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't care as long as i hold the meta, other my kneel before me
    sadly as F2P player i can only dream having meta....... The one hold meta mostly P2W Whale

4. Asdq

Asdq RSS FEED SECT! I WANT YOU FOR THE RSS ARMY!

Reading List:
    Link
    So what? Ok, X is the best weapon, so i'll just use it cuz is the best... ends here. This is the reason that need change the things frequentlly to give a variation. This gets pretty worse in MMORPG or things that envolve builds. So what? Will u just make the perfect build and need play just her cause is the best.

5. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Meta is the best part about competitive games, the problem is when developers are forcing metas by re-balancing the game.

Meta is supposed to just be about how the game changes naturally depending on what's popular and the the different counters.

Cite, Ddraig, Traveling Chef and 2 others like this.
  6. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on the type of game. If it's MOBA, then it's pretty bad. If it's a Gacha game, the whole purpose of it is literally to make you want certain characters that are either meta or you just simply like their character. Not that the meta on gacha games change that much tho. (P.S. Play Sdorica)

7. WinByDying

WinByDying I can count to four

Reading List:
    Link
    Meta is literally unavoidable in some types of games. It's not an option so it's pointless to think about. Play whatever the hell you want.

justmehere, Astaroth and kenar like this.
  8. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Meta is inevitable

No game in this world will ever be perfectly balanced, because nature itself is not.

The good thing icefrog realized about Dota, if you keep on nerfing heroes, eventually people will leave the game. So cranking up all the weak heroes is a better option imo.

kenar likes this.
  9. Sena

Sena Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The entire point of the meta is that it exists outside of balance.

Look at Rock Paper Scissors. Paper beats rock, rock beats scissors, scissors beats paper. Perfectly 100% balanced, everything is equally good.
    Now let's say that a lot of players prefer to use scissors for whatever reason. With so many people using scissors, paper becomes a bad decision, and rock is a good one. The situation now is that rock is the strongest, even though all three choices are mechanically equal, because the community just happened to settle that way. That's the meta.
    And maybe next week, because people see how strong rock is, everyone switches to rock instead of scissors. Now paper is the strongest and scissors is too weak to use. The game is still perfectly balanced, but you have to relearn the meta because what matters is what players do, not how the game works.

LordCorwin, kenar and Diametric like this.
  10. Chize

Chize Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Although I will not go as far as saying I like it.
    But I don't think meta is not that bad if done right.

Playing the very same thing for many years can get boring over time even if it's your favorite things.

I see meta as a spice up to learn & play different things here & there.

Although it's a different story if you're a weak player & can't adapt to changes so you ended up sinking instead of going with the flow. & is now just complaining that they can't rise up.

Sabruness likes this.
  11. Silvarion

Silvarion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate it. some character being better is fine, but some character being better only for some time is something I hate. I don't like changing my playstyle.

12. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Weak your ass, just coz I don't like doesn't mean I don't adapt or that I'm a bad player. It's annoying when everyone starts playing some champion out of his lane coz they saw pros do it. It's annoying when some champion becomes unstoppable late game even though it's not fed and you're winning.

13. Chize

Chize Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's why bans exists, if you can't deal with it then perma ban it.

Counter picks also exist for a reason.

If all fails then roaming is also a choice, if you can't deal with your enemy laner then wreck other lanes.

Also every champions/heroes has their on quirks. Some are really made for early or late game, some need some heavy scaling, some are fine on their own. Arguing with something like oh this guy is a late game raid boss, time to throw hate at it, is stupid.

There's so many options you could chose.

Although I would I agree that players who copy pros is not really a good idea as pro plays are team coordinated, which is something that's quite hard to achieve if it's a solo queue. Just dodge if you get tilted with them.

Wasting time & energy on something you couldn't do anything about is not worth it really.

Jojo775 likes this.
  14. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Why bother with the meta? Just play something that is fun, maybe even try some weird strategies. No need to get bogged down by meta coz remember you are playing to have fun and not just to be a meta slave.

Sabruness likes this.
  15. sealteam14

sealteam14 Your friendly HI3 SEA monkey farmer

Reading List:
    Link
    As a F2P player, the only motto i follow is "Improvise, Adapt, overcome".
    As for casual plebs, my motto for you is "Only spend when it nescessary, saving it if possible."
    Meta or not, it's up to you to decide. I goes with my stuff, screw the meta.
    A F2P HI3 SEA captain shared his experiences.
    :3

16. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont pay attention to meta but then i dont think i play anything that really has a meta, at least in the common form ranted about here. I use what i like and want to that also seems to work.