Recommendations Fanfics and novels where MC uses mind over body techniques

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by sleepyguy12, Jul 27, 2019.

1. sleepyguy12

sleepyguy12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was reading CN OP fanfic and the MC of the story used Life Return to the max to literally shapeshift his own face and he compressed his own muscles to the max during his entire puberty to make his body grow up stronger.

Do you guys know any stories where the MC uses some kind of mind over body type of technique? I'm not looking for just shunting out pain or emotions but where MC actually has control over his bodily functions.

2. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am kinda dumb but shouldn't what you said classify in the "body technique" classification ? Just a not known one ?
    When you talk about mind techniques you think about doing stuff with thoughts and without contact with your body (unless the mind technique need contact for some reason) Edit: (not using your body to do the action).

sekach and Deleted member 155674 like this.
  3. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    What's the fanfic's name?

4. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
  5. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Lord of the Mysteries - The protagonist can control his muscles and bones to achieve shapeshifting like changing his appearance and height.
    Way of the Devil - Even from the early beginning of the novel, the protagonist gained the ability to compress the size of his body. As the story progresses, his actual form gradually becomes less and less humanlike. In the later parts of the novel, the protagonist is literally a gigantic monster but is still capable of shapeshifting into a human form.

sekach likes this.
  6. Silvarion

Silvarion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    controlling the body huh....
    well, there's Rewrite. that's a visual novel btw. he can become stronger just by willing it. later on it is revealed that he can even control his blood and changing his face.

well, you probably won't like it though. because it's a JP novel (visual novel still counts as a novel right?) with focus on mystery and romance.

7. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just gonna ignore your weirdly specific request and seeing how your soul is screaming in pain from reading bad CN fics I'm gonna perscribe you this medicine https://www.fanfiction.net/u/9071421/

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  8. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Normally you count visual novels as their own category, as most novel readers aren't into them and they are very different. So a japanese VN...