Question Is it just me or is there an influx of yaoi novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by PercherTM, Jul 22, 2019.

?

Has there been more yaoi and self insert romance novels about meeting some rich CEO or Mr./MsPerfect

1. yes

2. no

3. yes to yaoi no to the second

4. no to yaoi yes to the second

5. idk

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skaistise

Skaistise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, yeah.. the raise of BL translator's output, definitely. That was why I created acc to filter those out.
    Lol. Dunno if it's a lot, but I did find some titles that totally mislead me for a sec. :blobrofl:

orematcha, Wujigege and PaladinWolf like this.
  2. PercherTM

PercherTM Go go power ranger!

Reading List:
    Link
    Aye the deadly hiatus. i am so used to unfinished novels it doesnt even bother me anymore
    and yeah i know bills are important and i have zero intention of blaming you for any of it. infact good job translating 2-3 of the novels on my "good reads" list

Wujigege likes this.
  3. Professor Charles Francis Xavier

Professor Charles Francis Xavier Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would enjoy that.

4. Illisaide

Illisaide ╰(✧∇✧╰) Venti!~

Reading List:
    Link
    They have! And I’m loving it!

That’s strange. I’m an avid fan of BL and I’ve never come across one like that on NU. Can you link me to 2 or 3? I’m curious.

Umm, you know those complaints also apply to most BG novels too. Especially the stallion, wuxia, isekai, and harem novels, right? And considering those are at least half of NU...

Filter. You know how to, so why sabotage yourself and not do so?

You seem to have some pretty stringent requirements. What is your standard for a good novel, anyway? Recommend me some? No harems, reverse harems, or isekai please.

5. PercherTM

PercherTM Go go power ranger!

Reading List:
    Link
    Ive said this in the main thread and i will say it again, I know the filter exists, i never said i wont use it. That is completely unrelated to it. i did not ask how to remove those. i simply asked whethere there is an ongoing increase of them
    and my requirements are basically anything i can read without cringing at how impossibly unreal it is. A.k.a "Mr perfect rapes Miss ordinary based on the authors self masturbation, then stalks Miss ordinary despite being able to buy a truckload of better hookers" or "Trash" human becoming Mr Perfect doing the above

6. Hilyantomi

Hilyantomi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically, the problem is not because of the novels themselves but the choice of translation group and those who "upvoting" those cheap genres in order to gain stupid satisfaction out of it. I agree that there have been an influx of BL but well, this is a very new genre comparing to the old Romance BG, it's just a change in taste of society for many years later. Best example: K-Pop.
    In this case you can just look for serious synopsis among the rated-out-of-fanism ones, or you can just go on web where the original novel is updated/posted to see the rating of "native" community there (and just use the auto-translate of Google for comments). You can also ask someone you know to give a review about this if they've already read the story. That is the only way to find the good ones. Everything is not free.

Concerning the trashy novels, haha well it's simple to write. That is why we have education and a subject named Literature to distinct rocks you've found in a mine of novels.

But still I can assume to kind of understand why you have created this thread. I once liked the popular danmei MDZS but thank to the trash fans, now I'm adding the MC to my blacklist.

Haha please don't throw bricks at me.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.