Resolved M

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Britney123, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Britney123

Britney123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I need advice from an adult here I don’t know if it’s part of being an adult, or them being irresponsible, or trying to spoil me. School is opening right and I say to my parents I’m gonna go to the dollar store and buy some pens and pencils and maybe some notebooks too. And the clothes I can just go to Walmart. But nooo we have to go to the mall where even a pen can cost $20 dollars. What’s wrong with Walmart. And the shoes, they won’t let me buy Walmart shoes, they say I have to have shoes with names that people will instantly realize like adidas and Nikes and jordans and shit. My dad says we need more money to pay the house bills and I say yeah I get you that’s why I’m telling you to stop spending money on me please I have too much clothes I had to buy a clothing rack for them all to fit, you always make the food I like so I don’t need sweets (I always need chocolate) and you even bought me a new car. Like who gives a teenager a new car when they could get a used one. Am I going to become those useless kids on the internet that have too much time on their hands. Am I being stupid because their might be something bad about Walmart and their trying to stop me from buying clothes there.
    Edit: I was just complaining but then re-read this and I’m like why do I sound so ungrateful?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    Sabruness and akki like this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I suspect most kids would kill to hv parents like yours. And most parents would love to hv a kid like u. :blobpeek:

3. Welcome to the Abyss

Welcome to the Abyss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Which school grade ? Because at some ages, what you're using will classify you into which group of kids you would fit in with.

5. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    You'll understand when you become a parent (i haven't fully understood too, still in college). Every parents want the best for their children.
    Just imagine if you have a child...
    The hardest part is to be strict rather than spoiling them

6. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Well said

XselfesterX, Sadim and otaku31 like this.
  7. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the manner of being goofy/ wacky yes you are being stupid in a sense, but I know that you are just worried about your parents and are trying to be as small a burden as you can which is good. However, dont argue or condemn your parents for this as almost no teenager gets the treatment you do. Please please please thank your parents wholeheartedly for their gifts, because you will never see this kind of treatment from anyone else. In most other families you wouldn't even see this from other parents. Try to make small suggestions to your parents about pricing but always show gratefulness

8. Lynx

Lynx Professional...on lewd matter

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, luckily for your parents that they have a kid with the right mindset. Just pay them back when they're old later, and i meant with love, not pay them back with just the money.

anon, XselfesterX, Sadim and 2 others like this.
  9. AwwGasm

AwwGasm Knows some things.

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like your parents just have abysmal financial sense.

10. HondaFit

HondaFit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not everyone is poor. The difference between spending $15 at Walmart and $30 at the mall is pretty insignificant. I do find it odd that people still go to the mall though... It seems pretty odd to me that the OP is complaining because his parents want to spend money on him. Unless the family is strapped for cash, I suspect this means nothing to the parents. I'd spend extra money to avoid walmart so I don't have to see people in shorts with "Fuck" written with sharpy on the back (something that really happened).

Britney123 likes this.
  11. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I got a used car...an Audi a6 YaZpZzJ.jpg
    [​IMG] 19937561294.jpg
    On a side note, your parents sound like my aunt and uncle. They built a house that was over the value of their property. All their new cars were bought via loans. Their daughter got kicked out of college for her low gpa and now they gotta pay for those loans too...despite all this, they still try to give off the image of being rich and shit. My family does not, but all of our cars were bought w/o loans, my dad paid off the house and the store years ago, my dad paid for both my sister and my college tuition, and we have no debt whatsoever.

Subtle bragging aside, no there's nothing wrong with you. You're similar to my parents which probably means you'll be fine in the future as long as your parents don't drag you down financially

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    natsume142 and Britney123 like this.
  12. Chize

Chize Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sure they want the best.
    Maybe they prefer the expensive things to help you with things like peer pressure or bullying.

I'm sure it's known to everyone how can some classmates nitpick or bully others for having cheap stuffs. Or peers that would be pressuring others for not going with the expensive trends going on.

Maybe they're worried that you might feel ashamed or get bullied for that so they decided to buy you those stuff to make you feel more secure.

Or maybe it can be a reverse psychology, because one of my best friend is always being gifted by all sort of expensive things on a whim by his parents.

He's always getting this & that without even asking or mentioning anything about those stuffs, & in the long run he got absolutely sick & tired getting expensive gifts that he doesn't necessarily need.

It's actually quite comical to see his parents trying all sort of ways to spoil him rotten but he's having none of it.

otaku31 and Britney123 like this.
  13. drealicious

drealicious Macho man's wifey

Reading List:
    Link
    Appreciate it and dont take it for granted. The fact that you are thinking about financial issues is good. Save when you can!

I cant vouch for walmart shoes or things as Im not familiar but I do believe in quality goods. Its ok to spend more if quality is guaranteed and you are going to use it for a long time. Saves money and time in shopping.

Britney123 and otaku31 like this.
  14. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    You're not being stupid. It sounds like you're pretty content with spending minimal money on clothes and stationary. There's no problem with that. Your parents just want to spend money on getting the best that's available for you.
    Buying a new car is pretty unnecessary though... such a waste of money on a teenager. Second hand cars are so much cheaper and you can ignore all the dents you make on them because you're probably going to bump into stuff as a new driver.

If you want to help your family there's no need to worry about money that's already spent. Just get a job and tell your family they can stop spending money on you since you can buy stuff for yourself. (Or you can just save it and let them buy stuff for your anyway.)

otaku31 likes this.
  15. Britney123

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually see this happen in gym with other kids bullying each other about their shoes like saying “where’d you get this Walmart” and I’m always thinking if he/she says yes what will happen. Do people lose friendship over stupid things like this.

16. Britney123

Reading List:
    Link
    They didn’t want me to get a job but my dads diabetes is getting out of hand because he works 2 jobs and barely home and he doesn’t want to go to the hospital and I just couldn’t take it anymore and convinced them to let me get a job at Publix to help. And they finally said yes, starting next week. Don’t know how it’s gonna go with school tho

17. unkxz

unkxz Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I wasted money all the time, with the excuse of rewarding myself.
    so just think of it as them rewarding you for all of your hardwork so far. and don't forget to rewarding them back, when you can afford it.

Britney123 likes this.
  18. VesperNyan

VesperNyan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

I always say always invest in a good suit. Its far more productive than investing in some 100$ jordans or other shoes that boys get hard over.Your potential boss will be far more impressed with sharp good looking suit than what ever junk that those "cool" boys wear.

ps- Also make your your hair and grooming is up to standard. You want to look and SMELL your best in any potential opportunities.

19. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Britney123 this kinda sounds like the parents regretting their parents never spending anything on them and now trying their best in spite of their own financial difficulties.

apart from that it sounds like your parents are idiots, but hey, it's your pov and you are complaining, so that skews the results

20. XselfesterX

XselfesterX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Be grateful that your parents care for you not every kid get good parents that care for their kids, so be happy that you have good parents because some parents abuse their kids. Just be happy with what you have your parents care for you.
    And look at this (There was a man who was looking for a job and he was sad because he was so poor that he couldn't afford a shoe.Until he saw a man smiling at him with no legs)

otaku31 likes this.