Resolved M

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Britney123, Jul 28, 2019.

1. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Use your right as a teenager not to worry about the house bills. Assume your parents are responsible, can count and know how much they need. Take what you can while you can.
    Trust me, in a few years you will wish to not worry about bills, but you won't be able to. You seem to realize that they do things for your they don't have to. Just remember that and gratefully accept the stuff.

otaku31 likes this.
  2. defry

defry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that the parents are worried that you will be seen in a negative way if you wear clothes or use pens/other tools that are cheap.

We were migrants & I remember being made fun of for not having brand clothes or shoes. We usually had uniforms but for pe & shoes... you had to have brand clothes. Maybe your parents want you to fit in & not being singled out.
    Now, as an adult... I feel bad. My parents were leaving at 5 am & came back at 5-7pm... they worked really hard with second hand clothes, while they had to buy for us good clothes. As an adult, I don't really care anymore... I do regret spending their money like that. I do regret caring or crying over the bullying & shame I felt.

Over all, I think that you can take what they give you but always remember the effort & this feeling. You need to start to develop & grow, show that you are not influenced or care what others think. Show that you don't need brands or what's hot now to fit in or be accepted. Show that you are happy with what you are as a person, confident because your parents put a massive amount of effort to raise you well. So, show some confidence & show that you are strong to stand up & be yourself without the decorations of brands, expensive stuff.

Britney123 and otaku31 like this.
  3. Kirill

Kirill New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As someone with first hand experience with this, yes. they do.

I've seen multiple times how a very rich classmate of mine get praised & flocked around by multiple people for having branded school supplies, phones, accessories, clothing etc.

And at the same time I've experienced getting bullied even with the smallest things I've got because they're really old (my things are in good shape & is perfectly useable, it's just that they're years old at that time).

They would even go as far as kicking me out of group projects that teachers assigned because I would just drag them down because I wouldn't be able to contribute anything(money).

Money was a really hard thing for me to come by before, especially I was only able to continue attending school thanks to the scholarships that others offered me.

Britney123 likes this.
  4. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Tell them that the money they save by shopping at Walmart and Dollar Tree can be put into a savings account for you. That way they still get to spend the money they want on you and you get some money when you get out of college.

Britney123 likes this.
  5. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    it's even worse when they are only strict......you lose most of your indipendence and can end as neet or a complete recluse because of the stress....

6. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    After buying them, go back and return them, buy stuff from walmart and save the rest of the money.

7. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you really wanna help them and you are of the proper (lawful) age to work, get a part time job

8. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People who stop being friends over cheap clothing are not worth being friends with in the first place. But it's still an unpleasant experience to have, especially for kids

Britney123 likes this.
  9. HondaFit

HondaFit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just get rid of it before the warranty expires. German cars a great, when they're under warranty. Money pits when they're not.

When my kid was 16 I told him he was an adult and I wouldn't be making many decisions for him anymore. Now he fixes helicopters in Alaska. Things turned out pretty well with relatively loose parenting. I wonder how many kids of affluent and controlling parents turn out for the best. They have a leg up on everyone else to start but that doesn't mean they'll end well.

10. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, those independence stuff is a new concept. As the first work a child should is helping their parents.
    This age, many children are the one who ordered their parents...
    Irony...

11. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :sweating_profusely: yeh, I've had to experience that...

12. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Invest in quality items, it will help you in the long run, other than the necessity you don’t really need fancy stuff. So just negotiate with your parent on that