Question As always, Help me translated the sentence meaning

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by Fairlady1996, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Fairlady1996

Fairlady1996 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello guys, thanks a lot to those who help me before for the previous thread, and i'm back here again. :blob_grin:

1. 很多人在他微博下面留言: (what the meaning of the message, when using pinyin dictionary, it totally weird)
    “黎哥, 有人跟黎新告白, 单身的你有没有被刺激到?”

“摸摸黎哥,同名同姓真是太气人了。”

“黎哥找到女朋友了吗?”

“黎哥加油!”

2. “他全部转给我,以后让我当老板,我这相当于白捡了一个便宜,”

He transferred it all to me, and later made me a boss. I am equivalent to a cheaper one. (this should be something like idiom right? )

2. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    1 is probably many people left posts on his weibo acount
    2 is maybe tranderjng everything to me then making me the boss, could be said as me having sparing no effort to take advantage of him(sorry this is kinda a mess because I have no proper way of working this..)

Fairlady1996 likes this.
  3. Soren59

Soren59 MTL Shill

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Many people left comments beneath his Weibo:

“Brother Li, some people confessed to Li Xin, does that make you who is single feel irritated?”

“Brother Li, having the same name and surname must really be too exasperating.”

“Brother Li, did you find a girlfriend?”

“Brother Li refuel!” (do your best, good luck etc.)

Not sure about last one, something like picking up a free bargain

CeeZeePeeZee and Fairlady1996 like this.
  4. Fairlady1996

Reading List:
    Link
    The message that was weird because it not like a full sentence and i a bit confuse when using pinyin dictionary,,
    The last one had the same meaning as what you said but is it an idiom? Im not sure.. if it not,i will use direct meaning..
    Thank you for your quick help :blob_grin::aww::aww:

5. Fairlady1996

Reading List:
    Link
    At least you try to help me,, thanks for your help :blob_grin::blob_grin:

6. nonononononono

nonononononono NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Reading List:
    Link
    soren59 is correct.

in terms of the second one,
    这不好吧?工作室当初成立的时候我一分钱都没出,全是易则自己的钱,他全部转给我,以后让我当老板,我这相当于白捡了一个便宜,不行,我要给他打电话,让他把股权都收回去.

the person had transferred all the shares of the studio to the other person making he or she the sole owner of the studio. it made the person felt like he or she had gotten something that he or she was not supposed to have since he or she did not invest any money into the studio when it was established.

I hope this makes sense.

anyudr and CeeZeePeeZee like this.
  7. Shibb

Shibb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The last comment (加油) is just the Asian way of saying "Great job", "Keep it up", "You can do it" and, sometimes, "Good luck".

As for #2, you can probably say something like:
    "Transferring all his shares to me, making me the head of the studio, would be unfair. I'd be earning from having done zero work."

8. xiazixin

xiazixin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    微博= micro blogging. like tweeter in china. 下面留言 leaving a comments.
    this is my weibo

[​IMG]

这不好吧?工作室当初成立的时候我一分钱都没出,全是易则自己的钱,他全部转给我,以后让我当老板,我这相当于白捡了一个便宜,不行,我要给他打电话,让他把股权都收回去.
    this won't do, I didn't pay a thing in building the studio, he paid everything with the hard earned money. Now he wants to transfers everything to me, letting me taking the ownership for free? no way. I'm going to call him and ask him take back the ownership.

易则: meaning, (man i was surprise that some one break up the phrase.) come from.
    易则易知,简则易从 = you are thinking everything too much(difficult), be simple minded and life will be easy.
    易则 in this part mean great difficulty. this is the first time saw people break up this phrase and use it this way. Honestly the writer are really forcing it. I would have drop the whole novel in 2 days and get done with the translation if it was me and if the author write like this frequently.
    NOTE : 易则 in 易则易知,简则易从 is the opposite meaning of 简易, and 简易 means simple which makes 易则 difficult. 易则 by it self don't means difficult.

Fairlady1996 likes this.
  9. anyudr

anyudr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess 易则 is the patron's name. All the money for establishing this studio is from YiZe himself.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    Fairlady1996 and xiazixin like this.
  10. Fairlady1996

Reading List:
    Link
    wow ,, really thank your great effort, i appreciate it and understand more better :blob_grin::blob_grin::blobokhand: