Why is My Hero Academia popular?

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Jojo775, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but this is globally popular, hell I've even seen some 20+ models on instagram talking about it.
    This! Naruto has a great story with great animation, not some jokelike cringy heroes. It's not the same at all, I understand why Naruto is popular, MHA being this popular is like some random shounen that had one season in 2000 being popular.
    Crippling shyness with girls...
    Again with dudes like you, I ain't gonna watch or read something average or bad just coz you say it will get better later on. Story needs to be great from the start.

2. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Dont really like the art. Looks meh.

Whenever i see Deku, i think of Rock Lee. Same jumpsuit, color and somewhat gloves/bandage look.

I prefer the females in their respective doujins.

Greater thunder and kenar like this.
  3. Bloodysin28

Bloodysin28 The victim of true evil that is reality

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the super hero hype train and also takes stage after Naruto ended, slot of it's so simple that normies can easily get into it but yeah the Gillian are some of the worst of shounen

4. Eunieberry

Eunieberry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought the same too you know. When I first read the summary and like another good vs bad but you see it has this amazing charm, storytelling and the growth of each character (Heroes, Villains, Side-kick, minor character)It just pulls you in. The MC, Deku, he could have taken the path of a villain. He's got this dark vibe around him. Like one misstep and you'll definitely see him on the villain side but nope. AND THE STORY ARC, GETS BETTER AND BETTER EACH TIME. The way its deliver is just superb! And the anime! From the animation to the fight scenes and OSTs, THE VOICE ACTORS, everything is just perfection.

Well once season 4 kicks in you'll see how much darker it's gonna be and that it's not exactly all rainbows for the hero side.

5. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you need to even ask?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly, @Jojo775 you are projecting Chinese novels and Japanese web novels onto the show.
    It is popular because it is easy for Westerners to relate to it, just like Fullmetal Alchemist.

If Mou Diajobu Watashi ga kita doesn't make you feel something then you have issues friend.

By the way, I dropped the show. It 90% fan service and 10% plot.
    I only enjoyed One episode or two per season.

United States of SMASSHHH!!!

7. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Different taste different preference I guess...

I mean, I can't for the sake of myself understand the art on the right side...

Untitled.jpg

I guess I am just an uncultured Yukkuri...

8. TheDefend

TheDefend Public Dental Support

Reading List:
    Link
    I still prefer vigilante over the main series since it's more darker

9. BeardyRABBIT

BeardyRABBIT <Not a Rabbit>

Reading List:
    Link
    Start bad? I don't think so. this is shounen anime, you will not find a spectacular or some grandiose starting. You will only find a hot blood youth running and fighting for his/her dream. You will not find any Cold blood schemer here.

10. Juglooma

Juglooma New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Buddy this is stupid question, if you watched it 2 times and you didn't like it, thi si your problem, everybody has it's own tastes.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  11. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    For me I don't particularly like or dislike it, it shows promise, that is all I can say

12. Grynthax

Grynthax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion, the reason that people enjoy MHA is simply because it's a kid on the come up who is trying to rise above himself. I wouldn't necessarily focus on the powers so much as I would the fact that there is a kid who was able to at least try to make his dreams come true. I understand that some people prefer "realistic" powers but to be honest. And I say this very often. The idea about anime or manga or just about anything fiction is, in my eyes, meant to be unrealistic. If it was realistic then it would be reality. And often times, people like to escape reality to a certain extent. I like the unrealistic factors because it means you cannot predict what will happen.

Donutmindme and Greater thunder like this.
  13. Burai1992

Burai1992 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    In addition to what everyone else has put, I think standards are just lower for shounen shows. If you compare it to the token isekai shows that come out each season that somehow still get viewership then you can very quickly see its lack of flaws.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019