Discussion (Poll) Friends with Benefits!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Jul 30, 2019.

Tags:
?

Would you agree to the angel's offer?

1. I'm male - Yes, I'd be interested in a friend with sexual benefits

40 vote(s)
    36.7%
  2. I'm male - Yes, I'd be interested in a friend with non-sexual yet intimate benefits (e.g. cuddling)

7 vote(s)
    6.4%
  3. I'm male - No, because I wouldn't be satisfied without a romantic emotional component

10 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. I'm male - No, because it's impractical

7 vote(s)
    6.4%
  5. I'm male - No, because it goes against my ethical principals

10 vote(s)
    9.2%
  6. I'm male - No, because I'm not interested in any kind of physical relationship right now

5 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. I'm female - Yes, I'd be interested in a friend with sexual benefits

5 vote(s)
    4.6%
  8. I'm female - Yes, I'd be interested in a friend with non-sexual yet intimate benefits (e.g. cuddling

6 vote(s)
    5.5%
  9. I'm female - No, because I wouldn't be satisfied without a romantic emotional component

6 vote(s)
    5.5%
  10. I'm female - No, because it's impractical

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  11. I'm female - No, because it goes against my ethical principals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. I'm female - No, because I'm not interested in any kind of physical relationship right now

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  13. I do not wish to respond

7 vote(s)
    6.4%
  1. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    Hiyo everyone! :blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:

It's been some time since I've last put together a poll, but a topic that I find particularly interesting (especially with respect to fiction) is friends with benefits. Similarly, I'm rather curious about NUF's opinion on this particular topic, so I've assembled a scenario for y'all to consider! :blobxd::blobxd::blobxd:

The scenario (FYI: please assume you are single if you are taken):

An angel appears to you one day, and offers you a free limited-time promotion, if you are interested! Here is what you will receive if (and only if) you agree to her free offer!

• 3 months from now, a friend (potentially a new friend) will express a desire to have a physical relationship with you.
    • You will find this friend at least somewhat physically attractive.
    • This friend will have no interest in any kind of romantic relationship with you.
    • In fact, the angel tells you that the Heavenly Book of Fate says the two of you will never have a romantic or dating or marital relationship at any point in the future.
    • This physical relationship is "fated" to be very stable. It will last as long as you wish for it to last, until you decide to end it for whatever reason.

There are no penalties to refusing the angel's offer, and there is no cost to accepting.

What are your impressions towards this offer? And would you accept it? Are there certain kinds of "benefits" that are more or less attractive to you?​

2. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Having dental benefit would be nice :blobgift:

3. TheDefend

TheDefend Public Dental Support

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you need one?

Deleted member 41274 likes this.
  4. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as she is willing to do all the cleaning and cooking.

5. amilhs

amilhs Moon Walker

Reading List:
    Link
    This kind a like h******. XD

AMissingLinguist and lychee like this.
  6. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    If she said that she's not interested in being your girlfriend (or any of the baggage stereotypically associated with that), it would be a "no" from you then?

:blobpeek: Curious because "Friends with Benefits" typically has a low-commitment connotation. As in, you wouldn't normally ask your opposite gender friends to do your cooking and cleaning, so a similar rule-of-thumb would probably translate here too!

7. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
  8. YoongHye

YoongHye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will probably fall in love and then be the one who will suffer alone from this knowing that i will never be loved back, so NO. Its better to not even start this type of relationship.

9. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A curious offering, but I will have to decline. For personal reasons, though it would certainly tempt me a bit, I find disgusting. Why should I let another human touch me? Why should I let an angel grant me physical pleasure? Why should I let my base desires consume me? Fuck that! I will make that friend my slave. I would torture this friend with experiments and I assess what it takes for a person to commit suicide. I would like to tear that angel's wings off, and have that angel experience the same experiments as the friend. I will make them fuck each other until their exhausted, and finally, I will make them eat each other out literally. Fuck'en arrogant angel. Making me grovel and lick this false angel piss for shit? I ain't no dog. I'm a lowly savage piece of shit. I don't need no divine power to tell me what the fuck I want to fuck. Worse than a dog, a human! A godforsaken human! I ain't fucking this handout of a sex friend. I will acquire my own twisted love, my own rosy colored agony, and my own emotional hell! This is my despair! Not yours! Not any ones! My name is Ozymandias, king of kings; look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

10. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    in this age of #MeToo and Alphabet Warriors, anyone with interest is harboring a hidden agenda.....solo life is the best...become a hermit....and friendship sucks anyways.....when friends who become successful in life ignores u, it tells volumes....

Skaistise and Sin like this.
  11. JazraelHarken

JazraelHarken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    An angel? It's most likely a devil in disguise and it says there will be no cost to accepting but it will be one of those "be careful what you wish for" kind of scenario and will have a pit ready for you.

Still voted yes though.

Fulminata, Darkanlan and lychee like this.
  12. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sounds like a trap. Angel only says there will never be a romantic relationship between you two, not that feelings won't change into romantic ones. Imagine being in love with your best friend with benefits in a friendship so stable you have no chance of moving either direction. At first you might think it's awesome, but eventually it will be just as restrictive as an actual romantic relationship without the benefits. And yes, I am assuming the worst, but the saying that at least one of the friends with benefits will develop feelings isn't without merit.

Anyways, I was just arguing from a position I might take if I were interested in having a friend with benefits. I'd rather just have a friend I can talk about and analyze sexual kinks with : exploring sexuality without getting in a twist potentially.

AliceShiki and lychee like this.
  13. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl: So it's a yes, even if a devil is the one offering it? xD

14. JazraelHarken

JazraelHarken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have never been good at decision making :blobjoy::blobjoy:

Fulminata, AliceShiki and lychee like this.
  15. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link
    This poll isn't PC enough, I identify as a pickle

16. Sin

Sin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, the act of having friends with benefits doesn't bother me much. However there are potential side effects that increase my wariness in even contemplating such a relationship.

1) I definitely do not agree with abortion or "Planned" Parenthood. To me, it is an issue of morals.

2) Will they sleep with others, if so I would be a most likely not interested in the friends with benefits. Not sure if their "next" friend is "clean" & well not really interested in sharing.

3) I'm kinda bummed about it, but I'd have to call it off if I got married or in a committed relationship. As I said with #2, I to would have to hold myself to the same standards. Another personal issue regarding morals.

4) It would also depend on their personality. I don't want to be in any relationship with a person I do not trust.

Of course this is my personal opinion & well it's more important to have some standards then none whatsoever.

17. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this statement is really interesting!

Does the gender of this "friend" matter to you? Like, I would imagine that typically most people would discuss their sexuality with their same-sex friends. Is this roughly what you had in mind?

18. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    By definition, they are your friend! So hopefully you would trust your friend!

I'm not really an expert on "Friends with Benefits", but based what I'm reading on Urban Dictionary, it seems like it's part of the "casual sex" category where by default, it's assumed that there is no particular commitment to staying monogamous.

Although some entries I'm reading saying that it's negotiable? I guess ultimately it depends!

You also aren't the first person to mention the health aspects.

Practice safe sex regardless of who you sleep with! >.<

AliceShiki likes this.
  19. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm bored for SEX, I guess I reach the daily limit

Deleted member 41274 likes this.
  20. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link