Discussion (Poll) Friends with Benefits!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lychee, Jul 30, 2019.

Tags:
?

Would you agree to the angel's offer?

1. I'm male - Yes, I'd be interested in a friend with sexual benefits

40 vote(s)
    36.7%
  2. I'm male - Yes, I'd be interested in a friend with non-sexual yet intimate benefits (e.g. cuddling)

7 vote(s)
    6.4%
  3. I'm male - No, because I wouldn't be satisfied without a romantic emotional component

10 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. I'm male - No, because it's impractical

7 vote(s)
    6.4%
  5. I'm male - No, because it goes against my ethical principals

10 vote(s)
    9.2%
  6. I'm male - No, because I'm not interested in any kind of physical relationship right now

5 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. I'm female - Yes, I'd be interested in a friend with sexual benefits

5 vote(s)
    4.6%
  8. I'm female - Yes, I'd be interested in a friend with non-sexual yet intimate benefits (e.g. cuddling

6 vote(s)
    5.5%
  9. I'm female - No, because I wouldn't be satisfied without a romantic emotional component

6 vote(s)
    5.5%
  10. I'm female - No, because it's impractical

2 vote(s)
    1.8%
  11. I'm female - No, because it goes against my ethical principals

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. I'm female - No, because I'm not interested in any kind of physical relationship right now

4 vote(s)
    3.7%
  13. I do not wish to respond

7 vote(s)
    6.4%
  1. Kaminomikan

Kaminomikan 神のみ感

Reading List:
    Link
    seems like you don't lose anything for accepting, so technically you can say yes, meet the person, you like, proceed. you don't then, you can quit.

the thing is... you can't trust gods ergo, you can't trust angels.

2. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I’d hit that. While romance is not dead. Having a sexually satisfying encounter with a friend can be good for both people. Human interaction is a healthy point in ones life. Growing confidence. Learning about yourself. All good things. As to the morality of it all. In the 1950’s they be no doubt that would be wrong, but now everyone is trying to figure out who they are and what they want. Even thou the divorce rate maybe high, but at least many are at peace with themselves now.
    I’m a fond believer of finding your own happy ending.

AliceShiki and lychee like this.
  3. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Your belief almost resonates with me, but what if my own happiness can only happen when everyone else is unhappy? Am I still allowed to seek for it? To acquire bliss beyond earthly pleasure? To ridicule those who mock my yet to be paradise? You who professes to be advocate of those that seek their own happiness, will you accept my own happiness? Even if this happiness results in everyone around me to suffer? My bittersweet euthanasia - grant me repose in your garden of sinners for I hate and love only you, so die for me, my beloved victim.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  4. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How could it be a friend? It would rather be a nice sex toy:hmm::blobhyperthink:
    Nope, I don't think I'm so hopeless that I'd have to look for a sex toy:blob_coffee::blobrofl:

orematcha and lychee like this.
  5. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Interesting. To all their own. Everyone has the right to find happiness. My question to you is. Would you really be happy if you did get everything you wanted. It sounds lonely to me. As I said a relationship is a good thing, especially positive ones. I also believe that what you send out towards the world you also receive. I can only see suffering down that route for all involved. By hurting others, you in turn hurt yourself.
    At least that’s what I think.

6. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm~ I kind of share similar beliefs as @Cutter Masterson in the sense that I believe that people should pursue their own happiness.

However, this is more of an internal process more than anything else.

For instance, you sound rather multifaceted/hesitant about this. Some people have guilty pleasures; as in the whatever they have identified as their "pleasure" is also associated with a strong sense of "guilt", to the point that it is difficult to call it happiness anymore. For instance, PVP and shooting others might be pleasurable in games, but in a real world, it may no longer be when all the consequences and ramifications are relevant. So does violence and killing => happiness, or no?

Secondarily, since I think the pursuit of happiness is an internal objective, it's natural that two people might have conflicting ideas of what is their happiness. This is normal. For instance:

1. A father's version of personal happiness is wanting their daughter to live a life in luxury.
    2. The daughter's version of personal happiness is to be musician despite likely living in poverty.

I think it's necessary and expected that each party will attempt to pursue their own happiness.

And frankly, the more powerful party will succeed in this endeavor.

Lastly, in my view, "happiness" is rarely a monolithic thing. There is rarely only "one path" to happiness; often there is multiple, and all of us take losses and gains throughout all of our lives. It is very rare for a person's original ideas of what is happiness stays consistent through their entire lifespan.

Moonpearl, Drake98 and AliceShiki like this.
  7. Skaistise

Skaistise Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It feels weird for having sex with your friend or even strangers atm. Well, if she is a beauty, I'll just enjoy the view. What I want is a commitment... :blobawkward:

lychee likes this.
  8. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    when i i was still studying, i was not interested having friends with benefits but now im desperate enough to go into that idea which i dislike before

9. janoi

janoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So pretty much " would you like free hooker/man hoe?" I don't know about most people but those who buy 'night service' and didn't say full 'yes' are all hypocrite. Its pretty much the same thing without paying.

10. Warlock Of The Void

Warlock Of The Void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a conundrum , on one hand I don't mind having such a relationship on the other I don't trust anything related to god's ( ergo don't trust the angel ) . I find it very concerning that no one considered the possibility that the angel knows and offers the deal after manipulating/brainwashing that friend of urs. Like how did it determine that the other person wants to have a relationship with me that is essentially a dead end physical relationship. Seems VERY fishy to me ( mostly my paranoia with anything Godly ) . Now if the person themselves asked for it then it would be a different matter Entirely. Also I find it disconcerting that not many females have participated is it because there aren't many on NUF or they just don't want to.

haweii, AliceShiki and lychee like this.
  11. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's interesting that there's maybe a split along here.

Are lots of people answering "yes" because they don't think they'd be able to get a Romantic and Physical relationship otherwise?

Or is it more along the "I wouldn't turn down an invitation to free lunch" thought train?

12. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly 20% of the poll respondents have indicated that they are female so far, which is approximately the proportion of NUF that is female (at least based on the last demographic poll that I know of). It may even be slightly higher.

AliceShiki and AMissingLinguist like this.
  13. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    I've never polled what fraction of NUF has ever been with a prostitute or a sex worker before, though now that you mention it, it's a fairly intriguing question. :blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2: If I had to give a guess... I would think not many? :blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy: I might be totally wrong though; who knows what people do these days, and around the world too!

AliceShiki and AMissingLinguist like this.
  14. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think I could live with myself if I agreed to this kind of relationship. I'd lose my DT title for nothing after all... how am I supposed to become a wizard then?

Edit: the 'I do not wish to respond' people already responded by selecting that choice...

15. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    As a guy, I'd only accept cuddles if we aren't even going to be romantic. I'm not a Joey Tribbiani.

UnGrave likes this.
  16. lychee

Reading List:
    Link
    I just realized I misspelled principles... :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

17. AMissingLinguist

AMissingLinguist [Not Here][Blank Sect][Nuffian #N]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not a Christian, so I cannot accept any offers from religious figures that I do not subscribe to. I apologize. :blobneutral: I also think "friends with benefits" is impractical for myself since I believe in monogamy for now. Until I understand and embrace the mindset of polygamy, I cannot agree to the proposal, barring religious figures. :hmm:

18. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope

Theres no thing such as benefits without any costs involved.
    There are cases right now where consentual sex are reported by loose women as rape just because the guy is now famous/rich.

Warlock Of The Void likes this.
  19. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    No, because I wouldn't be satisfied without a romantic emotional component”

20. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    That's pretty hard to answer!

Like... Atm it would be a total no, but uhn... Mainly because I'm super uncomfortable with my appearance and wouldn't want anyone to see me in a sexual situation when I'm not comfortable with myself... But I'm working on changing that, so the answer would change once I feel better about myself.

And like... Would I be interested in it? Uhn... Maybe? I'm honestly not sure, I mean... I could enjoy it most likely, and I'm not sure I would feel bad about it... At the same time, sex feels like something I should only be doing with my partner? I don't think it feels right to do it with anyone else... So I'm honestly conflicted on the answer.

I voted for Yes in the poll, but I'm honestly very unsure over rather or not I would be willing to go through that or not... Maybe I'd say yes to the angel, but might deny it when the opportunity actually presented itself to me.

Oh, and of course, I'd definitely and absolutely deny it without a second thought if I was already in a relationship with someone.

lychee and Nom de Plume like this.