LCD Supreme Emperor of Swords

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by UnknownSaint171, Jul 5, 2019.

1. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    How is the quality of translations looking?

After doing some compare and contrast, I prefer the previous translations a lot better.
    What do you guys think of the TapTrans?

2. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
    Fre* reader should just be grateful

3. Freezy

Freezy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's where you're absolutely wrong. It's one thing if they were regular translators but these guys are big enough they've bought rights to translate a lot of the novels they want to translate, and that would be fine if their translations were smooth or even adequate, but from last I checked on another couple of things they translated sometimes even mtl is more understandable.

The biggest part as to why I personally think you're wrong is I've finished this novel on MTL and it's probably up there in my top 5 novels, it's honestly really great and I think it's a shame people will probs drop it due to poor translation. But yeah, sure whatever you want lehur.

4. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone said TapTrans, are you mean this Zongheng guy
    https://www.tapread.com/
    Not lecturing even webnovel, e.g. Realms In The Firmament the translator even forget to translate the last paragraph of ch 600+, I know it coz I read RAW far away before the novel gets snatch back by webnovel (Qidian alter), anyway as long as not to the level of LNMTL (until now I wonder how human could have the power to read from LNMTL) how did they do it?????? I almost buy paracetamol

5. Freezy

Freezy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know, maybe my tolerance is too low for translated novels, I just can't stand tap, I've made a couple of comments on them and basically it's just disappointment, they have a really nice website and since they have the money to get a good website and get licensing rights for their novels, the least they could do is get a couple of decent editors.

UnknownSaint171 likes this.
  6. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    True, it just kinda makes me feel like I'm being lied too when I'm not even sure if it's exactly accurate what I'm reading lol

Freezy likes this.
  7. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Should this be in LCD or novel gen?:p

8. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    The classic missing sister trope. This is why I enjoy Reverend Insanity, Fang Yuan would kill his sister lol. After all, the sister is not his real sister
    They own the IP, they dont have to get licensing rights. It is sad but given the quality of these novels, it is cheaper to have original authors than pay good translators/editors.
    Their best bet is to aggressively recruit original English authors, generate revenue and then translate their top Chinese novels to English

9. Freezy

Freezy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I admit the missing sister trope was a fault, but the novel does have some good trope breaking element further down the line that really propels this novel into it's own level of uniqueness. As for how to run a website I'd guess you'd know better than me, still...since they're still up and running people find them useful so what can I say...

Wujigege likes this.
  10. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    The bar for quality is longer lower than you think even US colleges have problems and the students are native speakers.
    I am sure your average novel reader from East Asia with English learnt from movies as their 5th language won't mind.
    Just like pirate websites, when you get enough traffic advertisers love you. I had to defend a website I help a translator setup as it was flagged as copying content from a more popular pirate website that stole its content.
    The quality can be crap but being among the top 100 websites in terms of traffic is a big deal and gives you a lot of negotiating power.
    I would know, advertisers don't leave me alone compared to a year ago when I had to apply to advertising platforms , it's now the other way around

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    Freezy likes this.
  11. mukkaar

mukkaar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One thing to take away from these novels is that if you are reincarnated and you don't get cheat or power. Just jump off the cliff.

12. Tallion

Tallion Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The translation is at least readable, tho some skill and technique names suddenly change from chapter to chapter, for example: Winning Secrects for Mysterious Battles (which sounds dumb af) gets "repaired" as Invincible Fighting Method, but it gets changed to Secrets of the Mystery Character which is also awkward...
    The story itself started rather well, but it has a lot of plot holes and sometimes badly written story or just spontaneous (not really good) surprises...One that i really hated was
    that the cute little fkin cat just began to speak like a 40 year old bandit...that's just a God Emperor's Blackie ripoff
    . The thing that also tics me off, is that most of the characters in the begining are 15 or younger, but most of them act and speak as if they were much older...Especially
    the big antagonist with that cliche 3 year battle promise...he's 14, same age as MC and already has cultivation and power higher than most sect elders and acts like some high and mighty expert...it's just bad...make him 17 and i wouldn't even complain