Mini RPG This Otherworld Summoning Is Just Too Much! (Summoning Area)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by System, Jul 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. System

System Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    Rules:
    • Posts in the thread may be only In Character (IC), unless the Out Of Character (OOC) content is separated from the rest of the post by tags.
    • To participate, you must have registered with Goddess Rea (@A5G_Reaper) in the Registration Thread.
    • This thread is mostly freeform roleplay. You are never allowed to control other people's characters in any capacity.
    • IC content of posts must be no more than 700 words per post.
    • Double posting is not allowed.
    • This thread allows you to negotiate for more power with the GM character (@The Everdistant Utopia), as well as read on basic skills you might lack. These are limited to weapon arts manuals and basic magic.
    On skills:

Skills in the setting differ from your Goddess-derived abilities, which are blessings. Blessings can only be improved through achieving major actions through them, whilst skills can be improved naturally or through negotiating with the Maou. Basic magic is limited to small utility ones, such as light orbs, lighting a small fire, sparks of electricity and other such. By the time the seal lifts, you might be able to recharge your phone on your own, if very talented. Other skills include basic outdoors skills, such as camping, cooking with wild game, and learning about basic herbs and mushrooms, edible foods in general. Feel free to make up fantastic versions of existing foods and animals with a minor margin of difference in traits. Finally weapon skills follow existing medieval techniques with all possible historic weapons included. Manuals for these are in the library. The final stage of basic manuals is to infuse them with mana, which requires a good sense of the body, whatever that means. Figure it out and learn mana blades. It's kind of individual.

Post-Defenestration:

Travelling through dimensions is certainly eased by free fall, which is why the Goddess Rea chose this method in the first place. Just think about it? Would you run between dimensions? You'd surely not get anywhere fast. Regardless, after you dear poor souls fell through a dimensional gap behind the living room, the secrets of the universe unfolded in front of you like the stars you see after getting hit by a truck, then folded upon themselves and disappeared in a lucid dream reminding one of narcotics fueled cinematic experiences with rather profuse use of CGI. After what feels like a landing on a soft bed, you feel the stone floor hit and end up in a large circular room with strange symbols arranged in a magic pattern upon it. The ceiling is held by heavily decorated stone arcs and a painted ceiling, a large crystal piercing the center of the hall, causing cracks around it. Within the eyes of a small child open, thin-slit and beastly, staring straight into your soul.

You realize you are being observed by somebody with severe non-being-a-morning-person issues, as your body instinctively feels the need to freeze into place. There are no windows in the hall, the only light being provided by painted glass orbs spread around the walls on even intervals. Benches are scattered around this place, mostly in disrepair, but still functional. There are two large gates on opposite sides of the hall. One of them reads "Exit", and seems to be sealed by a magical barrier. The other reads "Library" and one of the doors hinges slightly open. Fresh air seems to descend from above, cooling down the place, and causing slight creaking sounds, originating from the decrepit furnishings.

Welcome to the Ceremonial Hall, dimensional travellers! Enjoy your stay, for the seal will be lifted in a little more than a week.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    leegood, Derrax, Fossil and 8 others like this.
  3. Blackwater

Blackwater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking around, I see various other persons. After gathering up my courage, I hesitantly speak up: "Uhm... hello there. I'm... just call me Blackwater. Or anything, really. I'll be trying to become an alchemist or tinkerer, so... I suppose it's nice to meet you, and I look forward to working with you in the future?"

One of my hands pushes some of my long, messy brown hair behind my ear as my brown eyes seem to flicker nervously.
    [​IMG]

4. ChronaZero

ChronaZero 《I'm just a Spectator》《monggo mas~ 》

Reading List:
    Link
    Hiding amid them, I snuck out of the area only to get stabbed by one of the soldier...

It's the end for me, comrades...

5. placeholder45

placeholder45 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is my fiance there? Is he going to break our engagement?

6. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    "Quaeeeeeee~" I glomped him again as he was only one I recognise in the room.

7. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Fuck off if you can't even read the first post.

8. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Scion』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    I was in a daze, I did not know what had befallen me, I had felt like I was overloaded with unknown information in order to understand the area around me. Previously it felt like I was in a delusion, I must have imagined landing and doing all these things before actually doing them, one of the many ways my active mind had predicted my future scenario only for it to change in an abrupt manner, I felt like I was in shock. Though then I realized I still had the sharpened stone in my hand, it seems not everything was a false hallucination. I wonder how I got it, did I gain it due to picking it up within my supposed imaginative delusional scenario or did I pick it up from within this 'Hall' unconsciously?

Then something broke my mental stupor, I couldn't answer my question so I decided to put it on hold as I saw two humans, something I wasn't anymore, interact in a friendly manner as if they knew one another. Putting away the sharp stone into my pocket I slowly start to sniff the air around me in order to recognize the smell of everyone here and then calmly walk up to the two humans and ask questioningly "You two know each other? Who are you both and how did you come to be here?" in a hoarse voice as I look around the room, noticing some interesting things that pique'd my eyes.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    leegood, Exitiumm, Naraku and 3 others like this.
  9. Derrax

Derrax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OoC: A few questions. Is this a game like world ? Is there Status, Jobs and Levels ?

Will there be a Discord ?

Exitiumm and Naraku like this.
  10. BlueStar413

BlueStar413 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "There has to be a better way to fly..." grumbling as I sat up, I slapped the side of my face to wake up properly. Next time I get the chance I really ought to ask for some sort of survival skills, being an up and coming wizard magic mystic apprentice is cool and all, but it would do me jack-all if I died in the middle of the woods.

Blinking as the room came into view, my horrible habit of ignoring the obvious cropped up as my attention zeroed in on some sort of barrier on the other side of the room. Finally! A chance to test out my wicked new 'aptitude'!

Of course, ignore the books. Books are for chumps.

Practically dashing across the room my face crams up against the glowing(?) wall as I try to use my Blessing to learn from it.

"Let's see, let's magic magic magic. Do I knock on it? Can I even touch it? Maybe it responds to sound, like music?" dozens of musings rush through my head as I stare at the door. I'm not sure if it's my newfound powers or my usual misplaced hyper acuity at work but literally every ounce of competence of my being is focused on this. "Do I... lick it...?"

leegood, Exitiumm, Naraku and 4 others like this.
  11. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

This was quite a surreal way to wake up, in all honesty.
    After what felt like a particularly bad acid trip, I was staring straight into the soulless eyes of what appeared to be a...demon loli?
    Despite the many native chinese curses that have not been used in years rising up in my gullet, I have to subconsciously add though, the architecture of this place was brilliant.
    The painted ceiling was a veritable kaleidoscope of colours, while the overlapping stone arcs formed quite some beautiful scales, with many intricate carvings of superb craftsmanship even to my still blurry eyes, depicting a myriad of divine things.
    Wait, I'm getting carried away, what was the main matter agai- Oh god, why is there a demonic thing staring straight into my soul?!
    "My, grandma, what big eyes you have..."
    @The Everdistant Utopia

leegood, Exitiumm, Naraku and 4 others like this.
  12. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    "...Ugh, where am I now? Did I get kidnapped somehow, or...nevermind. Ouch! It's not a dream, huh."

I sat up slowly, trying to ignore the unfamiliar feeling brought on by a new body. I didn't exactly get out much, but to think that even a newly made body had more muscles than my old one...priorities, priorities. First I need to find some more clothes.

"Wha---ah?!"

Assuming I was able to get up first, of course.

leegood, Ddraig, Exitiumm and 5 others like this.
  13. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    I tried to stop act silly and changed my attention to the weird lizard humanoid like creature. Making my brain work, I guess everyone here was probably summoned here too. "Yes, my name is [censored] but I also know as SpearOfLies. Nice to meet you~ I guess everyone here is summoned in the same way." Regaining a bit of composure, I started to pay more attention to the other people around us. Some were human and some were less human. I tried to think of the possibilities that they are from different places, but I suspect we are most likely from the Earth. They probably asked to became a different race. Maybe I should tried to ask for a different race too. But being an immortal human is exciting too~

leegood, Exitiumm, Naraku and 3 others like this.
  14. Blackwater

Blackwater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "S-sol!" I awkwardly hug him back, my eyes embarrassedly flickering across the room.
    "Yes, we do, uhm... I died. Then I was in that room. Then I fell..."
    I stare at this weird behavior for a few seconds, before awkwardly looking away. Staring at strangers like that is rude, after all...
    As my eyes fall upon a woman dressed in nothing but an apron, I embarrassedly look away immediately. W-what kind of person is she!?

leegood, Exitiumm, A5G_Reaper and 3 others like this.
  15. The Everdistant Utopia

The Everdistant Utopia Honorary Maou | Part Time Writer | Crau's

Reading List:
    Link
    upload_2019-7-30_8-41-35.png
    With a crooked smile, after being spotted, a small girl answered the old man. "I suppose there's one sharp in mind here. Oh, well, no matter." Sounds of clanking crystal echoed through the room together with a chuckle. "Though, such a rude guest. If I am to be a grandma, what it makes of you, old man?"

leegood, Exitiumm, Way and 3 others like this.
  16. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    "Oh, right. I died, blah blah blah. Now I need clothes. And there's someone in the centre looking at me. Perfect. I should ask for some, then."

I manage to stay upright without falling forward from the...excess weight, and slowly made some progress towards the weird thing in the centre. Hmm...

"Hey, Dormammu? I've come to bargain!"

@The Everdistant Utopia

leegood, Exitiumm, Blackwater and 4 others like this.
  17. BlueStar413

BlueStar413 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally having my wits catch up to me at least a metric decade after everyone else, my eyes slowly turn to the main attraction at the center of the room.

I seem to feel some sort of instinctive need to freeze in place.

"Wait, what am I..." my jaw slacking open as I suddenly do realize there are other people in the room, for the first time ever in my life I think before I act.

If that's not the greatest act of Magic then I don't know what is.

"A slime, a lizard, a person and an idiot all fall into a room together... punchline please?" despite it all, not even all the Magic in the world is enough to shut this mouth up, however.

Exitiumm, Blackwater and Way like this.
  18. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Ah... well."
    Trying to understand the situation I am in. My mind immediately decided to give up and just go along with the flow.
    "Blackwater..?"
    Why did it seemed familiar? That is...
    Ah... shoot? That is Quae? Why is he not in a maid costume... jokes aside? Is that me or I know two people here? Rather weird. Actually, what are the chances for it to happen...
    At least there is someone that seems to have some common sense here. I couldn't help but let out a sigh. The funniest is that he is only one that does not seem to be hu- wait what?
    "...errr... that is... ah right, you could choose your race."
    When I remembered, I began to think about why you would like to be another race? Oh well.
    ...Why is he quoting the... Nevermind.
    "..."
    Well, I hope she will just turn her back. That was the first thought that crossed my mind, I just cleared my throat and continued to look around while hearing what everyone says.
    "Lucky! I fell twice!"
    Clicking on my tongue, I remembered about my looping and held my stomach. That was wriggling... the urge to pu- no no, this fine! You are cured from motion sickness! It doesn't exist!
    A minute later, I felt better.
    "Look like a middle schooler... or some unoriginal demon lady, white hair and red eyes. Though, it doesn't look half bad."
    Ah shit, it's a weeb.

19. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    "Well, I certainly wish I was maybe 10 times older before I could deal with this shit...."
    Reasserting composture, I get up and take a few steps back.
    My brain was momentarily fried as I utterly lacked the words to say to this- ethereal, enigmatic, inhuman, even sinister being in front of me before I instinctually got a knee.
    "I humbly apologise for intruding, miss. My humble name is- err...[redacted]."
    Is this going to work? Fuck if I know, but I hadn't come so far to die by an obvious, clearer than day hidden boss.
    Fuck if I knew what was going to happen next, but hopefully, I wouldn't directly be thralled on the spot or whatever?
    Not sure if that even was proper manners in this isekai or whatever, but-
    ...Did I take the wrong script?

20. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    I turned my upper torso slightly, giving the surroundings another once over, before deciding to turn my attention back to the matters at hand.
    "Ne, ne, oji-san, don't go about having a heart attack now. I could still perform CPR, but we don't have a defilibrator around and I'm not sure how much strength to use without cracking your ribs."

Then I bowed for no reason at all.

"Fumu, pleased to meet you two regardless. My name is Senya."