Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, how I see this whole progress is, I see it from both sides pov. I mean, from Lan Zhan's perspectives, I do feel bad for him, because, yeah, wouldn't it be great if Wei Ying realized Lan Zhan's feelings and confess sooner? But that aside, I always felt the delay in confession makes chapter 99-100 all the more touching/sweeter, because it really just shows how much both of them were happy in that moment when the truth was out.

In terms of Wei Ying not realizing to his own feelings, I do understand where he's coming from, and I don't say this meaning Lan Zhan does a crappy job in showing his love through his actions, but I see this more to do with Wei Ying's inner conflicts, and the environment he grew up in. While Jiang Fengmian doted on him like his own son, but, because it makes Madam Yu jealous, and Jiang Cheng being unhappy with it, Wei Ying have always feel bad about this on his end, Madam Yu jealousy and her verbal abuse is toxic, because instead of being like Yanli, whenever Madam Yu steps in, whenever she opens her mouth, she makes the environment so bitter, and awkward afterwards. Always reminding that Wei Ying is not part of the family, and that he's just a servant, and Jiang Cheng is his real son. I know Jiang Fengmian wasn't a good father to Jiang Cheng, but in the Live-Action, he didn't seem to favour Wei Ying > Jiang Cheng, so the fact that this was opted out in the Live-Action, and Madam Yu continues to act this way, just makes me dislike her more (I really don't have any positive things to say about her lol).

Anyways, what I'm trying to say here is, yes, Madam Yu is to be blamed for Wei Ying's low self-esteem, and I'm just going to quote this here from EXR (Chapter 121)
    When Wei Ying said this, to me, this is truly how he feels about himself and what he's been through, just this simple sentence, but because with how both Lan Zhan and Sizhui looked at him [feeling sorry for him etc], Wei Ying immediately realized, and tried to cover up by saying he's different because he didn't want to speak badly of Madam Yu or the Jiang Family.

While it is true that we can say Wei Ying is oblivious to his own feelings, but, to be fair, I won't judge him for this since I personally find it hard to realize your own feelings when it comes to same sex than compared to a hetero one. Especially with how (1) Wei Ying never thought his interest lies in that area (i.e. homosexual) and (2) Like how you interpreted it earlier (which I agree), Wei Ying's low self-esteem from when he grew up have influenced him deeply, despite he doesn't show it on the outside, but this is Wei Ying, he hides any sadness underneath that smile of his, so because of this, he doesn't think that anyone would come to love him; the way Lan Zhan did, and this someone is Lan Zhan as well, which to Wei Ying is the epitome of righteousness/upright.

I always love seeing Wei Yings feelings for Lan Zhan grew over time, and you can really see how endearing it is, because in the end, it's all worth it, Lan Zhan's feelings isn't unrequited anymore, though I never really thought his feelings were, it's just takes more time for Wei Ying to realize his growing feelings for Lan Zhan, which is understandable, because everyone have different stages to coming to realize their own feelings. Anyways, another scene I would love to quote from the novel is this one, because this to me, is the moment when something light-up in Wei Ying where he realized his feelings for Lan Zhan (which have been growing in him all this time):

Chapter 66:
    In the past, it's just like Wei Ying, he loves to tease Lan Zhan just to have him look his way, he loves to invite Lan Zhan to all these places, because he wants to hang out with him (despite he was refused every single time); he gifted flowers to Lan Zhan during his Yiling Patriarch days (I mean, seriously? What man will gift another man flowers, if it's not for something more? xD) So, all these are hinting that Lan Zhan's feelings isn't unrequited, even when Wei Ying never came to realize his feelings for Lan Zhan in his past life.

I do think that sooner or later Wei Ying will come to realize his own feelings, but what that married couple said actually 'light up' that and made it quicker for him to realize his own feelings. I know fans are upset that even after Wei Ying realized his own feelings, he didn't confess to Lan Zhan, and even when Jiang Cheng was saying all this bad things about them/their relationship at the Jiang's ancestral hall, Wei Ying said that there's nothing between them, and they're only just friends etc, and yes, that is what upsets Lan Zhan (hugs to him T.T) but how I see the whole situation is, from Wei Ying's perspectives, he didn't yet know about Lan Zhan's feelings for him yet, and before he can confirm this, he didn't want Jiang Cheng to slander Lan Zhan's name because that would be unfair to Lan Zhan (in case, this isn't truly the case), so to Wei Ying, he was only protecting Lan Zhan's image. Ofcourse, this have nothing to do with Wei Ying denying his own feelings, I don't see him as denying this because moments ago, he was asking for Madam Yu and Jiang Fengmian blessings, and he secretly did the marriage 2 of 3 bows with Lan Zhan (how sneeky are you, Wei Ying, but don't worry, I'm sure Lan Zhan was thinking the same thing you are when he agree to bow together with you xD).

And as for Wei Ying being afraid to confess to Lan Zhan, I do understand where he's coming from, from his pov, because he's afraid that if he confessed, and Lan Zhan doesn't feel that way about him, it will makes things even more awkward, and he's afraid of losing what they currently have. From a fans perspective, I can understand why it can be frustrating, because 'damn! If you two talk this out, and confess sooner, than you would be much happier!!' but for me, I don't mind delaying this because I personally love the whole confession in Chapter 99 and 100. Plus, like I said, Wei Ying's fear of not wanting to confess because he's afraid of the answer is not what he wanted to hear is understandable, similarly, the same can be said for Lan Zhan, because I'm sure this is also the reason why he didn't confess to Wei Ying because he, too, doesn't want to risk confessing and if the other party doesn't feel that way, then you'll lose what your current relationship will be like, so in this aspect both Wei Ying and Lan Zhan held high regards to how the other party feels/responses to the point that they're afraid to confess-outright. SO, IN THE END, GOD BLESS LAN XICHEN FOR BEING THE THIRD PERSON TO REVEAL THIS TO WEI YING, BECAUSE WE GOT OUR EPIC/AWESOME WANGXIAN CONFESSION!!! :aww::aww:

And yeah, I realized I ended up overdoing my reply here, but this is just how I feel/see on my end. I can understand why Wei Ying for all said, and why he didn't want to confess earlier, because it is harder for same sex to confess than compared to a hetero relationship, so Wei Ying reasons and fears (likewise for Lan Zhan) is understandable in my eyes :blobsmile:

I too, definitely prefer the novel over the drama, but there are some scenes I love the drama over the novel, namely Jiang Cheng's character (for me).

Haha, no worries, your confession is more than welcome!! :aww: To be honest for me here, I actually love the Donghua version of the character designs, because that's my first impression, and I've grown fond of it, especially Wei Ying and Lan Zhan design in the donghua :blobicecreamlove: But I will not deny that I too, have come to really love CQL!LWJ's look! :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove: Which I never really thought is possible, when I first saw the casts, but now, no one can take WYB Lan Zhan (CQL) because he's just perfect!!! And why do people keep joking about his hair? :blobsweat: I actually don't see a problem with it!! :blobsweat: No, no it isn't just you, I feel the same!!! I actually love it!!! :aww: So, *hi fives!* :blobhighfive:

My precious Wei Ying!!! :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob: *HUGS TO HIM* HE IS WELL DESERVING TO BE LOVED!!! :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob: I'm so glad Lan Zhan is there to give him that love/care in which he deserves!! :bloblove::bloblove:

That actually happened sooner than I thought :( Because in the novel, this scene didn't happen until after the GC revelations. So, I doubt it will be remotely similar to the novel :blob_teary: But I'll just enjoy it with whatever I can get... Poor NMJ, he deserves better....

To me, how I saw that scene was, before Wei Ying died, in his mindset, no one believed in him, no matter if he spoke up or not, no one would listen to him, even when he was speaking someone even dare shot an arrow at him during the Nightless City, so it really did, leave a heavy impact on him, that kinda resonates within him that no one would believe him anyway, so why bother? If someone doesn't believe him, it's nothing news to him, but if someone were to believe him, even from one simple sentence (which is the truth), then it would be more surprise for him.

So looking at this mindset before he died, and everything that has happened, I think it would be hard for him to see someone believe in him; but to have someone believe in your own words, it's always a nice feeling, and back then when they were at the roof-top, when Wei Ying asked Lan Zhan if he believed in him, Lan Zhan nodded as a response, Wei Ying smiled showing that he was happy that Lan Zhan believed in him, but after WRH was killed, when they were at the cliff, when Lan Zhan was asking him about those questions, Wei Ying said "are you doubting me", and I do think this really hurts Wei Ying because he wanted Lan Zhan to believe in him, believe that he would be able to control it, believe that he won't become another WRH being overcome by the power of darkness, and so this takes us back to the present time, after everything, when Wei Ying woke up, he said "In these past 16 years, if I told you I do not know what happen to my body, would you believe me?" and Lan Zhan said "I do", I think Wei Ying asked again: "Lan Zhan. Do you really?" is not as a form of doubt that he has on Lan Zhan because to him, Lan Zhan is a man for his words, like what he said is how he feels, but it's more directing to Wei Ying wanted Lan Zhan to reassure him that he does because (1) It's a nice feeling to have someone said they believe in you (especially considering all that Wei Ying has been through before he died, where no one believed in him and (2) Lan Zhan's trust in him is what makes him happy. We saw this when they were both on the rooftop in the past, when Wei Ying asked Lan Zhan if he believed him and Lan Zhan nodded, and Wei Ying smiled/happy, when compared to the disappointment and sadness Wei Ying felt when Lan Zhan expresses his doubt because he was only worried about him. So in that scene when Wei Ying asked Lan Zhan again, I see it more as him wanting to get reassurance that Lan Zhan do trust him because of points 1 and points 2. Anyways, that's just how I feel in that scene :)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    AI Xin likes this.
  2. YaoiMom22

YaoiMom22 Madam Lan (XiChen) ... for reasons.

Reading List:
    Link
    I also agree that WWX was probably thinking, "Yeeeah, no. I'm not going back with you to face 3000 rules and purification, thanks." rather than, "He likes me and wants to protect me!!" It's only later once he knows what's going to happen and has more of a bead on LWJ that he thinks, "YES, TAKE ME BACK!!" and even then he doesn't realize LWJ's ultimate motive hahaha Poor dim child.

And yeah, viewing it as its own canon helps me too. I think of it as an AU of the novel so that I don't get too caught up on the differing details. (Of course in this "AU" WangXian is definitely still a love thing haha)

I, too, must confess that I think CQL!LWJ's hair looks good! I like how smooth and flawless it looks... which is what I'd expect from him lolol

As a mom, I understand Madam Yu wanting to protect her son and look out for him first but her way was too harsh and so cruel. WWX had no one else. He needed her love and compassion not denigration. She could have raised JC's elevation without the constant comparisons, suspicions and petty remarks. It did nothing in the end to help anyone. She put her own insecurities onto JC and encouraged the resentment which will follow him throughout his entire life.

HeRhea likes this.
  3. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH LMAO AHAHHAHAH LQR vomits blood like crazyyyyy ahhahahah niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::blobjoy::blobjoy::blob_pompom: tat will be nice to see
    same here i oso blame madam yu for wei ying low self esteem. once u keep sayin tat to a child they will grow up believing wat they r told and will hold on to it for life till they die :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: damn u madam yu u create such a self sacrifcing monster and u still blame him for everything wow im startin to hate her more

AI Xin and Sauling like this.
  4. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    am i the only one disappointed with the present.. despite its cuteness, drunk scene was a wasted opportunity..so many easter eggs missed

Skeletons and their zip opening .. he he
    pushing WN
    atleast hold the two fingers
    chicken lost its all meaning and importance..
    writing names kinda fell flat
    4yr old LZ hide and seek would have been better

although, dying to know what LZ was saying after they came back into the room and had that sword fight..

Yibo is so phenomenal in this role .. LZ is a hard role to carry.. and he is doing it so effortlessly.. never out of character.. like hitting WN always seemed out of character to me (maybe a bit of a push)

Sauling likes this.
  5. Insanemelodine

Insanemelodine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    God these two new episodes got me screaming with giggles!! I was disappointed that they didn't do the identity reveal like the novel BUT I absolutely love the change!! The way LWJ just picks him up on his back and god...their use of Slow mo in this drama is totally on point got me giggling like a 3 year old. Not to mention the music adding to the scene making it so heart warming and so romantic oh and can't forget WWX's soft and low voice...god...this man is always shooting me with love arrows. I also love how they still have them talk about Dafan mountain of how LWJ already knew it was him at that time even though he had on the mask. :blobmelt:

Not only did they execute this scene perfectly...the scene of LWJ being drunk was also good and hilarious. I think this scene was added too soon to be honest and seems a bit randomly placed but I still enjoy it very much especially WWX's expression when LWJ shoved the chicken to him. These two episodes are full of wonderful Wangxian moments that will forever be saved on my computer. But with all of these scenes...I'm starting to wonder...is this really Bromance...lol. This in my view is no longer about friendship especially when WWX teased LWJ about him liking something and he panicked. This is the expression of someone who fear he might have revealed to the person he like that he like him haha

Is it just me or does it feel like the present time seem rushed....it could just be me...

Sauling and HeRhea like this.
  6. fangirl79

fangirl79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! :blobpeek:

I've been "lurking" in this forum for a long while, always dropping by silently from time to time, reading the posts and really enjoying all the conversations - but didn't dare to say anything until now because I'm sort of a fangirl hiding in a closet :sweating_profusely:...

I found out about MDZS from watching the donghua and reading the manhua, then tried to read the novel but kinda lost interest after a few chapters (too many words... :blobsleeping:). I tried to follow the audio drama but unfortunately, I dropped out after a couple of episodes because it's hard for me to follow the story by reading english subs, and not really grasping all the dialogues and contexts without any visual cues :blobunsure:. So, I don't have the full understanding about the story, though I picked up interesting bits from reading the posts here :blobpopcorn_cool:
    With this, please let me apologize in advance, in case I ask some really silly questions due to my ignorance about the story !!! :notlikeblob:

So now, CQL has revived my interest and I feel like I'm drowning (again) into the fandom with each episode's release !!! :blobtaco: I'm so grateful to watch and lately, become influenced by all the wonderfully tender and flirty WangXian moments - such as tonight's episode 35-36 - that I think CQL's story will probably override the original novel's for me, since I didn't complete the novel. XZ perfectly fits as WWX, and although it took me a bit longer to warm up to WYB as LWJ, now I cannot picture anyone else having LWJ's face because WYB nailed his look and personality very well :blobsmilehappyeyes:

I have some questions and will be thankful if anyone can share some knowledge and enlighten me a bit:
    - So far, what are the main differences between CQL and the original novel's story? Besides the 1st episode where WWX fell off the cliff while LWJ was trying to grab him (which I understand didn't happen in the novel), and lack of more intense BL scenes due to censorship in the live action drama.
    - Is it true that CQL says 16 years but the original novel is 13 years for the time period between WWX's death and his return? I followed CQL's timeline and it didn't make sense, or maybe I counted wrongly... in CQL, 16 years ago the story started with the the trio Yunmeng siblings arriving at the Cloud Recesses to study for a few months. Then there were some timeskips (1 month... 1 year...) before WWX fell off the cliff. It's more than 16 years in total, I think.
    - In CQL, I think they put 16 years just so that Jin Ling is 16 years old when the present story starts - a suitable age for a boy to show off impressive archery skills, fighting a stone goddess statue, and go on an exciting adventure with the young Lan disciples :blob_grin: How is it for the original novel's 13-year timeline?
    - In CQL, I didn't understand about WWX's equipment, e.g. what happened to the bloody black sword he pulled out of the giant tortoise in XuanWu cave? Where did the ChenQing flute come from - made from thin air in the LuanZang hill (or valley / pit)? How is it for the original novel?
    - Why is Wen Ning wrapped in chains when WWX summoned him after his return? (or you can point me to the chapter, I'll look it up myself..)
    - After watching today's episodes, I felt sad that I couldn't understand about LWJ stealing the 2 chickens. I know it's supposed to be funny but... is it just a random cute drunken act or is there a (romantic) significance to it?
    - Where can I find nice WangXian fanarts (fanworks) - old and new ones? English sources preferred, since I can only read very little chinese...:blobcry: I probably dug up a lot from Twitter, Tumblr and Youtube over the past few months, but I'm still thirsty for more... :blobnosebleed:
    - For those who tried the Motion Comic that was mentioned earlier - I saw there are only a few (free) chapters so far.. is there a release schedule, or do we have to pay to get more chapters?

Thank you for your help and please treat this 'newbie' gently... :blobflag:

*edited for LWJ's acronym.. ah, it's hard to memorize these letters.. and I just learned about the term bjyx today from twitter... *getting confused*

AI Xin, YaoiMom22, Sauling and 2 others like this.
  7. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh.. I didn't complete the novel, so now I feel I'm missing so many cute and funny moments from the actual story :blobupset:
    But all those long pining gazes between WWX and LWJ satisfy me enough, for now :blobnosebleed:
    And I agree WYB is doing a great job as LWJ. If only he had a bigger build and stronger arms, then we could have seen the "bridal carry" tonight, if the director's wishes came true :blobthinkingsmirk: (I read this from twitter / weibo somewhere...)

8. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

9. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    Being a mainly CQL-influenced fan rather than from the novel, I'll happily take whatever is given.
    Starting this week, it looks like LWJ has become so much more acceptable and willing when it comes to physical contact with WWX. 16 years later and he's transformed into such a touchy-feely person! All those subtle wrist-grabs have evolved to back-hugs, piggyback rides, protective arm/shoulder hold and not to forget the looks and smiles they exchange... ah, my heart is melting :blobnosebleed:

I kind of agree about the "randomness" of the scenes. For a non-novel reader, the story progression seems to swing back and forth between the main mystery-solving story during the day, and cute moments at nights...

HeRhea likes this.
  10. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, thanks for the quick reply!! :bloblove: It helped to clear up some of my confusion about the story.

Since there are too many changes between CQL and the novel, I will try to be careful when commenting in this forum, because the things I know will be different from everyone else's :sweating_profusely: Plus, I've been watching mostly the raw episodes and my chinese isn't that good, so I'm just getting a fraction of the story and left in the dark about the more, err, deeper and technical details. I should watch the english subbed versions when I get the time (and hopefully soon!)

A few more questions related to CQL, hopefully that's OK with everyone :blobsweat:
    - I always thought that ChenQing was WWX's weapon, since it was such an iconic cool, evil-looking smoke-emitting shiny flute that controls the zombies (undead?). Then I remembered he fashioned a simple but out-of-tune version from bamboo in episode 2, and tonight LWJ even managed to make a nice, usable flute for him within a few second to control whatever's in that pouch (oh, the rewarding satisfied smile and gaze from WWX as he watched LWJ carve the flute for him... :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:).
    Also, WWX can snap his fingers and control the zombies too.
    It feels like the titular ChenQing's importance has been drastically reduced. Unlike LWJ's BiChen or even the golden sword that Jin Ling and his father used, where the sword's identity and importance grows over time... :hmm:
    Is this a CQL-exclusive thing, or does the novel treat ChenQing better?

- Speaking of pouches.. I'm getting lost over who has which pouch and what it contains :blobdizzy: (my chinese isn't good enough to understand what the characters say about them, unfortunately).
    LWJ has a blue-white pouch containing that dark stuff/material that will lead them to solve the mystery.
    Tonight I saw WWX having a red-orange pouch that the thief(?) tried to steal. (what did it contain?)
    In the past, when the Yunmeng trio tried to stay at the inn before getting booted out by the Jin sect, I think Mian Mian left a golden pouch in the room (what happened to it?).
    When Wen Ning was killed in the rainy night scene, I remember the camera spent a few seconds on a small pouch in his hands, which WWX stared for a while and then cried in anger. (what is the significance?)
    Sorry for this silly question. If the camera spends a few seconds on an item that I have no clue about, I get a bit anxious that I'm missing out on something important from the plot :blobconfused:

AI Xin, setsuna3025 and HeRhea like this.
  11. HeRhea

HeRhea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg you wrote an essay! :blobpopcorn_cool: I need to clear that I agree with you, when it comes to WWX. I wasn't trying to disregard his POV over LWJ's, but rather felt I'd just touch on LWJ's POV. :blobsmilehappy:

Haha, now I feel like jerk for answering your essay with two sentences. Sorry! :blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2:

Ep 35 was SOOO good for me! I loved every moment, and it even topped ep 36. Like you said, both were full of wangxian content, and I loved the convo with NHS, I missed him! :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:
    Haha I'm not sure if you noticed, but XZ and WYB were totally holding their laughter during the piggy back scene. You need to zoom, but god they're having so much fun in that scene. It's truly a wonder how they, especially WYB can keep straight face throughout most of his scenes. But yeah, piggy back was adorable! Also their duet was just them signaling with their eyes :blobmelt:

It seems they might be combining the drunk scenes into one, which kinda makes sense. I expect one more in the future, but am content if there won't be any. When LWJ admitted his regret for not being by WWX's side in the Nightless City.. and WWX realizing!!! that LWJ searched him for all those yrs... god, the emotions! :cry::cry:
    This is an interesting decision, coz now WWX knows, at least to some extent, what his death meant for LWJ. Now I also feel that LWJ protecting WWX in the NC won't make big enough of an impact, once WWX learns the truth behind the whip scars. He was there and saw LWJ protecting him. I think it needs to be something WWX was completely unaware. Plus LWJ is very vague about the events that took place after WWX's fall. So I'm still expecting something else happened that made the Lans punish him so badly. I doubt we'll get the cave scene, since JC already went after WWX, rather than LWJ, but maybe LWJ put up a fight after WWX's fall, or smth.. well, we'll see.

Lol, this has far surpassed bromance, for me at least. :blobsweat: I like the theory that suggests wangxian fell for each other during the scenes where wangxian mp3 added zither to the mix. So it would be ep 5 for WWX (the library scene) and ep 10 for LWJ (while WWX slept on the roof.)
    With regards to their growing feelings, I love WWX and shijie convo at Lotus Pier. And like you said, in today's episode LWJ panicked after hearing he might have spilled the beans. Not only that, there was the scene with the curse mark, and LWJ (maybe... probably) getting a teeny tiny bit anxious with WWX's exposed skin. He also seemed annoyed when WWX suggested he'd strip for him. I remember him being flustered in the novel, but annoyed counts, too (gay panic!)
    I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but I do wonder if they are going to touch upon this "liking" issue in the future. Or will they keep it in the subtext. Going back to another potential drunk scene, if WWX keeps Q&Aing LWJ, he might ask "is there someone you like," but leave it at that. That wouldn't be too much now, would it? :blobpeek::blobpeek:

I don't feel the present time is rushed at all. Rather, I found the past dragging towards the end. Plus we need to move the plot because after the Yi City arc, which is gonna stretch to ep 38, we really don't have too many episodes left. They need to pick up the pace, as there's ton of content yet to cover.

Right now I'm squealing over ep 39 and 40 previews! The paper lantern scene! And WWX smiling his big toothy smile! And LWJ smiling??!! The paper man blowing a KISS to LWJ??!! Okay, I'll calm down now. But like, that's so genius! :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:

Idk how the production keeps avoiding the censorship, but right now, they are doing brilliantly. :blob_pompom:

12. Insanemelodine

Insanemelodine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At first I didn't notice their little smile during the piggy back until I came across a video on twitter pointing this out and I couldn't help but got back to the full clip to see it. Let's just say, I couldn't stop smiling at these two adorable beautiful men. They must have a hard time keeping a straight face if this is the best clip they can find where fans were still able to see it lol. I guess the director didn't expect fans to be so observant that they pay close attention to ever details in every scene

The drunk scene was indeed combined and it was good...I love it...but it's kind of weird that they were in the village and then for some reason wondered out into the wilderness...weren't they suppose to go to bed? unless WWX went the extra mile of going to the next town to call WN and LWJ still followed him that far haha so far we already have 2 drunk scene...I get this feeling like we might not get a 3rd but if we do...I'll be happy and if not...like you, I'm content with what they were able to provide us. Considering the fact that they were able to by pass censorship this far...I am already grateful. The prevy side of me wished that WWX did try to strip just to tease LWJ, he did before during the cave scene so why not a second time hahaha the panic in LWJ would have been priceless...but considering he had change, maybe he might actually take it seriously and give poor WWX a scare instead

As for pace wise...when I watch the episodes a second time...I'm starting to get a feeling like maybe you are right...maybe it wasn't rushed at all but also like you said...we are coming close to the end and there is still so much to cover so maybe I just feel like everything is getting packed in together tightly to insure that all events has been covered and nothing get left out in these next few episodes.

Has there been any new news regarding the final episodes being aired next week? tomorrow's episode is only up to 38 so it still makes no sense to me that final episode is coming next week..

setsuna3025 likes this.
  13. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i got excited for nothing.. atleast let the paper man slip through the middle of the forehead, between the eyebrows, over the nose bridge.. and have a soft landing at the pink bed..BUT NO!

and i doubt we will get the other scene too.. LZ staring at WX's face/lips while he is "out" in this scene :p

i don't get it.. they were more liberal with physical bit in the past

Chibi WangXian and setsuna3025 like this.
  14. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What are full forms of
    1. MC, any BL
    2. LRT , seen only in context of this story
    3. BJWXY - how is that a couple name

15. setsuna3025

Reading List:
    Link
    justed watch 33 and 34 and just LOLOLOLOL wei ying anyhow play the flute to make LQR faint HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA LMAO LOLOLOLOL and i was even wonderin Y NO VOMIT BLOOD WHERE IS THE BLOOD LOLOL :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:. and lan zhan must be like wtf wei ying wtf u doin sia u don anynhow play leh :facepalm::blobexpressionless::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:. lol fairy too fat alreadi but cute and furry ahhahahah .

and wei ying runnin from fairy was fkin funny squuze himself between carts and call lan zhan out, and he flips jumps out of nowhere. lol mighty husband to the rescuse.

wei ying takin a trip down memory lan as gusu ouch he must be like damn y did i com bak i don wan to com bak at all. and even saw the whip scars and the brand but lan zhan don wan say sadddddddddd. wei ying was so shock but was answered

16. Vel

Vel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG i've never thought somebody would joke about his hair! His hair plus outfit in this drama makes him look so beautiful yet elegant and distinguished at the same time, makes me go fangirlmode everytime i see him:blobnosebleed: :blob_pompom::blob_pompom:even thoug i should be too old for that:blobpats: This plus the way he is acting makes him perfect LWJ, even when i was imagining him little diffrently after watching donghua.

Anyway i'm just hanging around reading all comments while trying to wait patiently for ep 31&32 to be subbed tonight. Quess i would need bunch of gifs from present time episodes after watching it to ease the despression....
    But i'm wondering did they hint any explanation in current episodes about WWX soul being summoned in MXY body? I mean is it like he summoned him or they switched totally including the bodies? I read various comment and i'm confused, it would be easier to keep it like novel but with the hint that MXY face was also changed during process or smth to keep the amazing XZ as WWX.

Chibi WangXian likes this.
  17. xzkyl

xzkyl Member

Reading List:
    Link
    These answers are from the top of my head so I maybe wrong but from what I remember....

AI Xin and Chibi WangXian like this.
  18. setsuna3025

Reading List:
    Link
    novel ​
    1. onli JC and WWX goes to gusu to study and did not meet the wen siblinngs
    2.time line is different for every adaption i think.
    3.wei ying is the one hu founded demonic cultivation and created the tiger seal(from the metal sword he pull out of the xuanwe cave), compass of evil, spirit attraction flag etc etc and of course chengqing.
    4. wen ning was chained up by the jin clan cause they wan to try and control him and use him, but the chains was onli on his hands and feet.
    5. wei ying uses chengqing to raises cropses and undead and is a one man army in the sunshot campain

CQL
    1.all 3 sliblings go to gusu and study and the wens went there to "study"
    2. in the past someone alreadi created the use of yin metal to control zombie, and it was divided into 4 parts and wen rouhan wanted to use tat to control the cultivation world.
    3.wei ying onli use the resentful energy towards ghostsly things and not actually raising zombie like wat the yin metal does. so in the live action he isnt the one hu founded the demonic cultivation since some one used it long time ago and it made it look like as if anybody can use it.:facepalm:

this is wat i can think of ahhahah my brain is shuttin down alreadi ahahha need slp :blobcheeky: someone might giv a more detailed one
    chengqing is wwx flute he created from when he was in burail mounds for 3 monthsaft being thrown down by wen chao

as to y in ep 2 u see him using a bamboo flute is cause at the end of the seige to take WWX down as the "EVIL" person in the world. everyone took all his possession, notes, sword etc, the fkin Jin clan took WWX sword suibain, JC took chengqing wif him. so when in ep 2 he came bak he didnt hav his flute so he had to make a flute from the bamboo near him.

chengqing is used when he wans to control more precisely? whereas he can still control them by snapping his fingers cause his enitre soul is used to the resentful energy for he lived in burail mounds for 3 months and got a hold of resentful energy and he cultivated it so his body is like a weapon u can say . chengqing is an instrument used to amplify and oso control the corpses better , as it send out commands by sound.

u cant fully control a cropse by ur figners and words, sure can but to a certain extend i think, and from wat i see chenqing is the weapon tat holds all the resentful energy from his body. so he doesnt wan to use it unless like the battle against wen rouhan and the one at the nightless city.

as for the pouches wwx switch the pouches on purporse to lure the grave robber. the blue white pouch is a sealin type of pouch to seal things in, the other is a spirit attracting pouch so hu hold tat pouch will hav something go aft tat person, he switch it in order to fool the grave robber

AI Xin, Chibi WangXian and Sauling like this.
  19. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg omg omg where do I even start?! :aww::aww: I really love episode 35 and 36!!! :aww::aww:
    (don't mind my errors if any since I'm using my phone to type this because I have to head off to work soon) :blobsweat:

OK, let's first start off at the beginning, that piggy back, I didn't expect it to be in that posture when Lan Zhan got his arms over his shoulder like that, I thought he'll just kneel down and get Wei Ying over his shoulders to start that piggyback but how wrong was I? :blobsweat: and I am so glad they have Wei Ying asked that question about how Lan Zhan recognized him at first so:blobparty:

Next moving into Nie Haisang, I actually really love him here so I am hoping to see more of his character in the future and to be honest while I didn't like how he made LXC killed JGY that got him in that state at the end but his revenge on JGY for killing his brother is completely understandable in my eyes so yeah I still love him on my end!

And the funny part is, Wei Ying while talking to Nie Huaisang, he asked Lan Zhan if there's alcohol (lol) and Lan Zhan brought him over a jar, and after he finished, he was like "ehh no more?" Without saying the word, Lan Zhan went over and got him another jar, and I'm like *fangirling* :bloblove::bloblove:

Seeing the death to NMJ was sad and yeah you can really see how much NHS loves his brother so condolences here :blob_teary:

And I didn't expect Lan Zhan to just grab the cup from Wei Ying like that lol so that caught me by surprise , but after he was drunk that whole scene afterwards was so good to watch lol. Yeah I know it's different to the Novel, but on its own it was still good. That Wei Ying and Wen Ning scene was good and I laugh the way how Wen Ning ran away after Wei Ying gave him the signal lol :blobjoy:

And the scene when Lan Zhan gave him the chickens lol was so adorable because I love the way he looks at Wei Ying, his eyes is so filled with love so :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:

I have to admit that at first I was disappointed when only Lan Zhan wrote on the wall and I'm like: "What about Wei Ying? :blobsad:" and then later I was surprised that Wei Ying went back and wrote it on his end, and on his own accord:aww: and I actually love that because it shows like Wei Ying wants to put his name next to Lan Zhan :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:

And the scene when they're back at the inn, I was surprised to see SuShe:blobexpressionless: but Lan Zhan was immediately awake and I thought he was sober but after that it doesn't appear so, but how could he remember fighting the grave robber (SuShe) when he was drunk but doesn't remember anything else? :blobjoy:

For me I do love how it shows that Lan Zhan blames himself for what happened to Wei Ying in the past. I didn't mean it in that sense that I love Lan Zhan blaming himself but more of it showing how that whole scene was played out that in another sense he blame himself for not staying with Wei Ying more back then to help him and then Wei Ying was touched and said that the path he walked is his own decision and Lan Zhan shouldn't blame himself for it. Well that's what i got out of that scene :blobicecreamlove: and then of course I think Lan Zhan didn't like hearing hearing him take this burden himself (alone) so he decided to ''not going to talk and go to sleep now" (haha)

Anyways yeah there are changes of course when compared to the novel but, I did enjoy these two episodes today. I am also happy that we might possibly get Teacher Wei Ying!!!!! :aww::aww: and I think the disciple that wears red is Ouyang? (The disciple that we all came to love; I think that's his name if I remember correctly and I'm happy to see him since I also like him too! :aww:)

20. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah the present time does feel rushed but that's what happens when you have like 18 episodes left to do the present time. That's why I kept saying before I rather it's equal attention, 50 episodes than 25/25 :blob_teary:

But despite that I'm glad how they were able to gave us all these moments, but I do have to mention that in the Novel Lan Zhan wanted to steal chickens was understandable because he wanted to experience what it's like, like Wei Ying said when he was young he did those on his and but in the live action him stealing chickens is just random lol :blobjoy: but well novel fans understood so I'll let that slide, what better ways than to have how Lan Zhan looked at him is filled with love:blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove: WYB kudos to you for this!!! :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove: