Other Request Harry Potter and Hogwarts

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Britney123, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Britney123

Britney123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don’t know if this is the forum it goes to it can be moved if necessary.

I was thinking random stuff and suddenly I got this weird idea for a fanfic and I want to see if any of you can recommend me any.
    I want it to focus on mundane things like the Muggleborns talking about the new dance on the internet, singing the lyrics that don’t make sense to the pure bloods (ya know dirty language, Chris brown, cardi). Wearing sneakers, bringing their skateboards to Hogwarts. Them talking about getting their drivers license and that new nexflix movie.

Are there any fanfics with a plot similar to this and if there is if there is a pairing and it’s harry/Ginny don’t recommend it please.
    If you don’t think it’s fine it’s ok but I’m not asking opinions on the plot I’m asking recommendations.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    Deleted member 38284 likes this.
  2. Nneeil

Nneeil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Singing the lyrics of a muggle song? Does double double toil and trouble count? Wearing snickers? Boy, don't you know that Hogwarts robe and dragon hide boots is the latest trend? Why would you need a driver license when you have a nimbus 2000? Watch that new Netflix movie? Nah, too busy defeating the dark lord

3. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And that's why the pure bloods can't stand them.

Deleted member 38284 likes this.
  4. pentadrian

pentadrian Wandering donut

Reading List:
    Link
    HPMOR maybe? It applies muggle scientific rigor to the franchise, instead of gay goatfucking relatives of Dumbledore that JK Rowling wrote about

5. lordbeirut

lordbeirut Emperor of Perdition

Reading List:
    Link
    Secrets by Vorabiza.

6. Woho0

Woho0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked the plot twist in Harry Crow where Harry gets raised by Goblins. I readed only the first few chapters and the last one, as sadly it became way to clingy and sticky for my taste once he met Hermione on the first train to Hogwarts, and the writing style isn't that good. Still the plot twist is great and Dumbledore ending in Azkaban is also satisfying. :)

Britney123 likes this.
  7. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Bringing skates to Hogs? That would have to be a crack fic as it's not at all realistic in any version of HP universe. The closest I know to talking about muggle world is Prince of Slytherin - on ff.net, not that crap on webnovel.com. Though it's just a few scenes about old Pink Panther movie, not really what you want but still an awesome fic.
    Maybe some crossovers with Avengers or some such modern world would have what you want. Though what I saw from Avengers xovers they mostly talk about heroes, not movies and games.
    Hm maybe some Buffy xover. Classic americans refferencing pop culture to clueless people, who better than Buffy or Xander to do it.
    There are plenty of Harry is a scientist or engineer fics, that's not what he meant. OP clearly asked for a slice of life fic where they just talk about mundane teen stuff, not physics.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  8. Britney123

Britney123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the suggestion, I’m a girl tho.

9. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a trap.

10. Ran ahzu

Ran ahzu “a very tired person"

Reading List:
    Link
    You can try Percy Jackson in a magical world from webnovel. The guy builds a flying skate because he thinks brooms are uncomfortable. The guy meets Harry and it was pretty funny, though the novel in itself wasn’t up to my taste.