Spoiler Legend of a Drop-dead Gorgeous Princess

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Asha7, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Asha7

Asha7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She, drop-dead gorgeous enough to cause the fall of a country, as the Princess Royal of Cold Night Empire, was married to General Pingyan, the second Prince of the Dark Night Empire for peace between the two empires.

However, on the wedding day, General Pingyan wanted to cancel the engagement and shut the door on the princess because of the rumors that she was not only ugly, but also stroppy…

In this age, the imperial power is supreme. The beautiful princess Mu Qianhua kept a low profile and just hoped to have a quiet life, but the fate eventually forced her to become a pawn of those big shots…

She refused to resign herself to her fate and held the faith that there must be a man who truly loved her and was willing to accompany her forever in the world…

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/legend-of-a-drop-dead-gorgeous-princess/

Can somebody give me the link to the raw, or the autors name in chinese. Somehow the Chinese title in NU shows another novel.

2. Shivani

Shivani Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please give spoiler...

3. BScythe

BScythe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also can't find the raws. :cry: I wanna MTL the novel so bad. I read the 2 chapters uploaded and I freaking love the MC. Hehe.

Asha7 likes this.
  4. blazikens

blazikens Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I found this: http://www.dolphin-books.com.cn/main/34475.html
    However, there's only 9 chapters....rather than the 384 chapters listed on NU.

EDIT: There's also this one, which has 10 chapters: http://www.mind98.cn/book/18463.html.

From what I can see, it's a relatively new story that's last update was May 17th. And the ML is the prince the MC is in an arranged marriage with - at least, that's what I infer due to the complete Chinese title of the story being: 倾城天下 (东方凌云沐千华) with their names being in btwn the parentheses, suggesting the story is about them.

EDIT: I also saw that the other story found when googling the Chinese title in the NU page (倾城天下) is finished and has 348 chapters....maybe the translator got confused / made a mistake?

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  5. Aj90

Aj90 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the ml the 3rd prince or the general (2nd prince) she was engaged to before? I'm hoping for the 3rd prince tbh

Asha7 likes this.
  6. blazikens

Reading List:
    Link
    The ML I was referring in my previous post is the general, the 2nd prince. I can't confirm he's the ML 100% but I think that's it's likely he's the ML.

Asha7 likes this.
  7. pokapoka

pokapoka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers?

8. blazikens

Reading List:
    Link
    I finally found the complete novel, but strangely enough, it's under another name (凤女妖娆), which I think roughly translates to Enchanting Phoenix Girl?

Link: https://www.rzlib.net/b/19/19608/

It's complete at 227 chapters, so whoever wants to MTL they can. [Be careful of ads / popups, as there tend to be a lot on these raw sites. None show up for me, but I have lot of adblock protection.]

9. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm trying to think with my limited historical knowledge of a prince or a king who's risked the peace of his nation because his fiancee was too ugly, lol (not even confirmed, just based on rumors). As far as I know, they'd just go through with the marriage and then go back to their favorite's boudoir until it's politically viable to divorce and marry another. The newly married wife would also start an affair with the next handsome social climbing noble. Um, then again I'm thinking of Western nobility. I guess power, wealth and politics was rather their main dish, and beauty and sex was just the side dish.

TripleColor96 likes this.
  10. Fictionaddiction

Fictionaddiction Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exactly. I thought the same .
    If it was the modern times and you could only get one wife and you're in the public eye , so no affairs are allowed then sure , reject the marriage if you absolutely can't tolerate the woman and you have someone in mind. But It's the ancient times and he can get many wives and concubines and totally ignore who he doesn't want in exchange for his political ambitions. Yes they very much treated women like things . And although not something I like, But it's to be expected and the realistic option really.
    Also something that always bothered me was why there had to be peace marriages. If 2 nations wanted peace couldn't they just agree to it. And if they wanted war , would they stop to protect their 7000th sister born from another mother who is married to the other nation's king! .
    Like seriously it's a bunch of empty bullshit.

ludagad likes this.
  11. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    On the last point, absolutely. It made sense to marry more valuable children to be used as a sort of hostages, but also because their offspring would carry half the royal blood of their parent country, sorta cementing their peaceful relations. Diplomacy wasn't very reliable when we're talking about small kingdoms. Again, I'm talking about Western royalty from long ago. Eventually, diplomacy and trade relations became more valuable than blood relations xD. As far as I know, in the Asian nobility case, they would send a daughter more as a peace offering, as a way to show goodwill. Of course, if she manages to gain the husband's favor she would be a well-inserted spy in the royal harem. But I don't think many kings and emperors were stupid enough to fall for the honey trap.

Fictionaddiction likes this.
  12. Fictionaddiction

Reading List:
    Link
    P.S. for those who don't know, this series has been discontinued by the author herself. (Translator noted this at chapter 13) . So this is the end of our journey folks.

13. Fictionaddiction

Reading List:
    Link
    To tell you the truth, I believe that even if the girl was more valuable (closer in lineage to the emperor), she'd still be considered not valuable in ancient societies. Bec. girls used to not get any inheritance shares in china(still the case in some rural regions) , And when the one child policy was implemented guess who bore the brunt. They'd just miscarry girls and abandon them by rivers. Which actually made the government say they could still have another child, if the first one was a female! . So that just made them kill the second one if they didn't wanna pay the fine to keep her that is.
    So yeah I agree that sending a daughter was more like, here's a gift for you enjoy k.

ludagad likes this.
  14. Littlepie

Littlepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So whats the story of this novel?

Creolenerd likes this.
  15. charysa

charysa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I remember, for most of historical ancient China, political marriages were generally a matter of appeasing neighboring powers that the current dynasty couldn't fight off or wasn't willing to fight off militarily. The "barbarians" might demand a princess along with whatever payoff so they don't raid your borders. So the ruler concedes rather than risking losing a war (and then having to pay more reparations), and then trying to loophole around the "sending a princess" by adopting/promoting some girl and sending them instead of their actual daughters since they know they're dooming the girl to a horrible fate. Thus, after sending the girl out, of course they wouldn't care about what happens to her afterwards.

The only exception I can think of was the Tang Dynasty, which was militarily strong and thus didn't have to appease their neighbors. In their case, sending off their princess in political marriages seemed to have been for showing off which tributary kingdom was most favored than the others, and as a tool for cultural assimilation.

16. a_b

a_b Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers???

17. Deleted member 265239

Deleted member 265239 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there no image or the cover of this novel???
    Spoiler please :blob_plusone::blob_plusone: