Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    New PV to Season 2 :aww:

And link to watch the opening to season 2 here: https://ohsehuns.tumblr.com/post/186737541884/mo-dao-zu-shi-season-2-opening

And I saw on one of the clips, Lan Zhan had a brandmark, scar on his chest, and I'm so glad we got that because I was sad they skipped all that in Season 1 :blobcry: So maybe he will also be seen with the discipline whips also!! :aww:

Anyways, I'm so freaking excited for Season 2 on my end!!! :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:

Like, seriously, both Wei Ying and Lan Zhan looks so handsome to me in the donghua, I always love their design in the donghua!! :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:

And, And, Wei Ying with red eyes is handsome, Wei Ying with red eyes is handsome, I repeat again, Wei Ying with red eyes is handsome!!!! :blobnosebleed: Him with red eyes is literally my weakness!! :blobcatblush::blobcatblush::blobcatblush:

Also sharing this with @Nyann :cookie:

And this scene here, I am, literally fangirling (omg)... :blobcatblush:Look at the height difference xD (sorry Wei Ying xD)
    [​IMG]

2. fangirl79

fangirl79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG thanks so much for alerting about S2 of the donghua is out today! While I was having lunch !!! :blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful:
    I managed to find the first 3 episodes to download but no eng subs... :blobdead: I really hope some kind group will sub them soon, maybe I'll hold off watching them until the subs come out. I'm already struggling with CQL without eng subs and I don't want to ruin my MDZS experience in the same manner.

The conetto ad looked cute though... people and corpses lining up for ice cream?? :blobicecreamlove: And at the end when WWX grabbed LWJ after getting scared by Fairy... :blobnosebleed:

YaoiMom22 and Sauling like this.
  3. ausriukazz

ausriukazz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG please share link where to download, I cannot find it :blobdead: I don't need subs, my kokoro can make whatever I want :whistle:

4. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw on twitter this morning about some clips of Wen Ning's MV. I didn't really bother to listen to Wen Ning (Yu Bin) character song but since people picked 2 particular scenes out of the MV that really caught attention. Wen Ning and Lan SiZhui going their own paths and waving to the main cp. And WWX waving back with his ChenQing? (or another flute?) together with LWJ and Xiao Ping Guo.
    Could this add to the evidence that our main cp will stay together and journey on, in the CQL universe?

Also, thanks for bringing up the topic of 'Thank You'. I remember there are a few very clear, possibly deliberately well-placed scenes, that mention the "Thank You & Sorry" in CQL so far:
    - When WQ poked WWX with the acupuncture needles to sedate him, before she & Wen Ning along with the remaining Wen group went on to surrender themselves to the Jin sect.
    - In the present timeline, when WWX gave some uncle-like advice to Jin Ling about these 2 phrases in the forest, and how important these phrases are. Probably to remind him to be more humble, less arrogant.
    - In the present timeline, when Wen Ning met WWX when LWJ got drunk, and Wen Ning knelt down (reciprocated by WWX - how sweet !!!)

I'm getting subtle vibes that this phrase is important in CQL, and will be floored if somehow this phrase is uttered again in the remaining episodes between the main cp... :blobthinkingsmirk:

AI Xin and Sauling like this.
  5. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    ausriukazz: I don't know how to privately message you with this forum's system, so I sent a 'conversation' to you with the YT link. I guess everyone here wants to respect the producer / artists / etc.'s rights and all that, so please support the whole MDZS franchise as soon as you can and wherever possible :blob_grin: (I'm a bad example, sorry...)

Ah, about IP rights.. I browsed douban's forum for CQL briefly after the score hit 7.3-ish (7.4 today??), and there was a thread asking why CQL didn't use the original actors' voices (WYB, XZ, etc.), and instead dub using voice actors from the donghua, audio drama... etc. From what little info I could pick out using google translator, it seems there is the "IP Integration" topic. Can anyone enlighten what this really means?
    After Tencent's announcement of releasing everything / eps 50 of CQL next week, I get the foreboding feeling that Tencent is getting over the top with their control of the whole MDZS / CQL franchise (or brand, IP, whatever it's called - sorry, I'm not a marketing person).
    Does it mean Tencent will "take over" (or already took over?) all the media where Tencent has "rights" which MDZS exists in - audio drama, donghua, and the live-action drama? :blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful:

6. HeRhea

HeRhea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, there are things missing from CQL, but rather than comparing these scenes to the novel I've come to accept CQL as its own canon, rather than an adaptation. I realized this after the "confession" at Beifang mountain. I was pretty upset at how they changed it, but now I'm good and approach future scenes with this in mind.

Still, the pining is almost painful to watch at times, because it just screams them to take the next step :blobtongue:

You know, how you feel about CQL I feel about the donghua. I failed to pick up their deep connection there, and viewed them just casual friends, with Lwj harboring stronger feelings to Wwx. Though that's how it's supposed to go in the novel, too. :blobtongue:That's why I'm most curious how they'll address this "bond" on Wwx's end especially, in the future episodes.

Another thing that works in favor for CQL for me, is that the characters are played by actual humans, capable of all that micro communication with their eyes etc, whereas in the donghua, we don't get those same rich expressions.

Oh I definitely will listen season 3 after CQL. To me, the audio drama comes second after the novel. :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:

Yeah, me neither. I'd say he received around 10 whips. And they can simply change the number of injured in the drama.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  7. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    I still think it might be too early to judge to the donghua yet in terms of Wangxian developments, from the trailer itself, it looks promising, but I don't know why, but personally for me, I have more positive feelings about the donghua ending once the whole story is completed, than compared to the live-action, because I'm always angsting about the ending in the live-action. :blobconfounded:

To me, I won't deny that Wangxian love for each other is stronger in the live-action when compared to the donghua, but then we have yet to see this in the future episodes of the donghua :blobtongue: In the novel, it's always Lan Zhan showing stronger feelings for Wei Ying first, and then Wei Ying coming to gradually grow feelings for Lan Zhan through their adventures together, so we might get something promising for their developments in Season 2, but at least for this part, they stay true to the novel. I can (personally) feel Lan Zhan's strong love/feelings for Wei Ying though. Even without reading the novel, since I watched the donghua first, I already shipped them on my end in the donghua.

Also, this is how I personally feel that, because they made Wangxian so strong in the Live-Action, if the ending is not to my liking, it will really ruin it for me on a personal level in terms of 'their development's and that being a slap to the face, which I won't like, so they better not end badly in the live-action. Still trying to keep an open mind about this, but despite all this, nothing can convince me that Wangxian isn't in love in the Live-Action, even if these are all subtext etc :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:

Wait, is Season 2 out already? I've checked Tencent, but it's not available yet. If someone have the link to watch these episodes, please link me to this, since I've been checking the Tencent but to no avail :blobconfounded:

Please share the link, where did you download the first 3 episodes!! :aww::aww::aww:

8. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    Sauling : I've sent you a 'conversation' containing the YT link to eps 1-3. Happy watching!

I'm sure by this weekend the episodes will be available everywhere in the underbelly of the internet. Look up YouTube etc. Links will probably be taken down as fast as they're being uploaded by diehard fans...

Sauling likes this.
  9. Sa76

Sa76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone sent me the link of the first 3 episodes? Thank you

Also this season will have 8 episodes, so we have now 5 episodes left. I think that's the reason why they kinda rushed all the big events in just 3 episodes. Kinda sad to see, i thought we would have 15 epsiodes or something like that. But i'm still happy and grateful that we even have a second season.

Has season 3 ever been confirmed?

10. ausriukazz

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you!!!
    I'll support however I can!!!

About dongua....

Spoiler!!
    Small Wei Ying is just adorable!!! :love::love::love::love: I want to take him home with me :bloblove:
    But big Wei Ying:blobsmirk::blobsmirk: always clinging to hubby:blobamused::blobamused: You hot stud, gonna blow husband's self control to dust:blobrofl:
    Seriously?? WRH died from stab on right side of chest?? WTF man:blob_catflip:
    Just shame, they skipped all bed (just sleeping) matter:blobtriumph:
    It's just me or LWJ got look younger in this season:hmm:
    Also, A- Yao, you're cute, but why you have to be villain:blobcry:

11. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    Sa76: I've sent you a 'conversation' containing the YT link to eps 1-3. Happy watching!

I just read about the 8 episodes thing in twitter. Ahhh.. I feel :blob_catflip: for being shortchanged this season, and I also feel :cookie: for whatever I can get on MDZS...

So the MDZS (the donghua) / CQL fire will probably end by August/September. What a summer treat for fans !!!

Sa76 likes this.
  12. ausriukazz

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm saving CQL to marathon watching when finished :blobowoevil::blobowoevil::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool:
    But 8 episodes are very very small treat:blobsob::blobsob:

13. Sa76

Sa76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also Thanks for the link.

14. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahahaha! Me too. I'm saving CQL the english-subbed versions as I can get them, up to eps 34 now in 3? different versions (the forumer who posted up to eps 3 here [best quality!], WeTV English taken from youtube, and someone called 'The Untamed Team at watchasians.co). And plan to marathon them later this month after the dust settles.
    If any of the unofficial subbers are here, please accept my utmost gratitude for your hard work! You are legend !!! :blobxd:

I realize I kinda forgot about the donghua's story progression and character details, since it's been quite a while since S1. So I also downloaded the whole S1 from gogoanime, and plan to marathon them back-to-back with S2's 8 episodes once the S2 eng subs are out.

:blobnosebleed: <-- this is probably how i will look like after all the marathons...

15. Sa76

Sa76 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The fight between Wen ruohan and the 3 sworn brothers was so rushed and short. Very disappointed that the fight was shown in only 2 minutes!! This should have been 1 or 2 episodes.

16. Chibi WangXian

Chibi WangXian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

I want toooo...please give me the link

Sauling likes this.
  17. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    You can watch it here:

Happy watching! ;)

YaoiMom22, TaffyGirl13 and AI Xin like this.
  18. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    Chibi WangXian : I've sent you a 'conversation' containing the youtube link.

I'll be going offline for a few days coz my work requires me to travel. I hope I can catch up with the new CQL and MDZS donghua episodes when they're released next week *prays hard that hotel wi-fi can allow streaming*. If not, I will still spoil myself with spoilers and yummy bits shared here and other forums or social media platforms... :blobicecreamlove: I really love this fandom!!

I hope the others can share the MDZS donghua episode links to those that request them :bloblove: Please keep up the gift of giving and spread the love...

Sauling and Chibi WangXian like this.
  19. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyways, I just watched all 3 episodes, things started off promising!! :aww::aww::aww:

Discipline whips, YES!!! and Brandmark on his chest = YES!!! (Yay!!! It's proof of Lan Zhan's love/devotion for Wei Ying, so, really glad they show us this!! <3) :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:

Though I'm not sure why they have to include a 'filler' to mix things up a bit lol. It was rather confusing, but eitherway, I love how Wei Ying is still badass in terms of using his powers without restraint, so that's a plus for me!! :aww: And not to mention, what I love the most is when Jin Ling asked HanGuang Jun if he trusts that Wei Ying isn't the culprit to Jin Zixun curse (ewww, he's ugly, but never liked him anyway:blobtongue:), HanGuang Jun firmly believed in Wei Ying and spoke up for him, and that moment when Wei Ying saw Lan Zhan said he believed in him, was so precious! :bloblove: Like, yeah, Wei Ying, be touched by Lan Zhan's love for you!!! :bloblove::bloblove: I'm so excited to see where the donghua will go from here, but nonetheless, the highlight to this episode for me is ....

THIS scene here LOL :blobjoy::blobjoy:

What a scene you two make(get a room, you two! :blobmelt:):
    upload_2019-8-3_19-19-2.png

And, this, yes, I love this way of 'clingy to Lan Zhan' haahahah~!

upload_2019-8-3_19-19-39.png

:blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:

P.S: I'm surprised that Wei Ying will just be 'alright' to reveal to Lan Zhan why he's afraid of dogs, I mean, unlike the Live-Action, he was trying to keep his cool at first haha xD.

20. HeRhea

HeRhea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hence I said, I'm looking forward to how the donghua will develop their bond/relationship in future episodes :blobsmirk: Coz if they follow the novel, we should start looking for hints from Wwx.
    And I'm totally with you regarding the ending of CQL. But I really wanna believe it ends well. :blobangel: Will be forever salty if if doesn't..

Ep 1-3 should be out, indeed. I have VIP and VPN, coz it's region blogged otherwise. Hopefully, you'll get to watch them! :blobpopcorn:

Oh you did, great!!

Haha yes, all the scars we need are there :blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2:

I'm a bit iffy about the first 3 episodes, tbh because there is so much filler, as you said. Especially, it there're going to be only 8 episodes in total. Though I'm glad we got more Jin Ling.