TV iZombie

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by J-Mitch, Aug 3, 2019.

1. J-Mitch

J-Mitch ⚖ Tipping the Scales of the World

Reading List:
    Link
    iZombie finished recently. Must say, a solidly done series. I recommend checking it out. Show by the CW. Or, if you're a comic book fan, mayhaps check out the comics! Enjoy!

[​IMG]

Nefasdetestasti likes this.
  2. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i tried to watch the first couple of episodes, but i thought it was terrible imo. I usually like comic book stuff and zombie stuff. maybe it was just because of the network it was on and their restrictions. (shrug) who knows

Wujigege likes this.
  3. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can spoil me, [watched first - maybe second seasons] did she ever tell her mom/brother that she's a zombie? last I saw mom was pissed since she didn't donate blood [and gave up practicing surgery] to save the brother

4. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a great series. I mean, you have to know going in that it's supposed to be a little corny but that's part of what makes it fun. I mean, did you really expect anything serious with character names like

Olivia 'Liv' Moore aka Live More
    Major Lillywhite aka Super White Dude

And the personality changes when she eats brains most of the times cracked me up. There were a handful of episodes I couldn't really stand because of the brain of the week but overall a solid series. Not sure how it stacked up to the comic though. I tried to read it once but was feeling kind of over comics at the time so never got more than a few pages in.

J-Mitch likes this.
  5. J-Mitch

Reading List:
    Link
    I had my reservations. First few episodes take it in, but it gets better. I think it's a good watch, but I understand if you think otherwise.

6. J-Mitch

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow... I forgot about all that. The story progressed a lot since then.

7. Odyssey

Odyssey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the episode where Major eats teen-age daughter brain and Liv eats the dad's brain.....priceless

LordCorwin likes this.
  8. LordCorwin

Reading List:
    Link
    And the fact that Zombie-ism started because of designer drugs, energy drinks and one of the ultimate horror movie cliches, a boat party. I'm just still amazed that Zane made it through to the final episode. Even though he made a really good bad guy with shifting loyalties but I really expected someone to shoot him well before the finale.

Although I did like his entrepreneurial skills with the various brain delivery businesses.

9. LordCorwin

Reading List:
    Link
    The only thing, that I can recall, that I didn't really get about the series was in this final season.

The kids in the last episode were concerned what would happen when they took the Zombie cure since Zombie-ism resolved their terminal illnesses. I thought that it actually cured them, not just prevented them from dying of those terminal illnesses. I was sure that someone in a previous season had already dealt with this concept, being cured by becoming a zombie then being cured of being a zombie and staying cured of their terminal illness after becoming human again. But the orphans Liv takes care of seemed like they were worried their illnesses would relapse if they took the cure to become human again. Am I wrong? Is it only specific illnesses that can't stay 100% cured after going Human>Zombie>Human? Or is it like that one girl Isabelle who couldn't even become a zombie because of her illness in that there are exceptions?

It just didn't make sense to me since being a zombie did seem to heal physical issues over a period of time, otherwise no zombie that got shot would be able to be cured without dying.