LCD Great Tang Idyll

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by CloudySkySadMoon, Aug 3, 2016.

1. CloudySkySadMoon

CloudySkySadMoon Bald and Beautiful

Reading List:
    Link
    A Chinese web novel about a genius swindler & a capable policewoman reincarnating in the past. Currently in chapter 25. I like how both male & female leads are working together to enrich their family and the recent swindling antics. Kukuku! It would be awesome to imagine that swindler Song's face when he's swindled. :D

Yuraine, Cupcake and kainee like this.
  2. HavekZero

HavekZero A well meaning, contributing member of this forum

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah the novel sucks.
    I mean it sounds amazing and all but when you actually read it its
    like watching a bollywood movie. A one year old child doing all of the above,
    like seriously makes you want to ask the author if hes ever seen a one year old child.

Yuraine and Lishasharma like this.
  3. elairz

elairz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i lost my patience at chapter 20. he spent too much time on a low class scammer

4. Guradu Gilgida

Guradu Gilgida 【Gentleman】【Tembikar Demon】

Reading List:
    Link
    I found this rather enjoyable to read, a kind of refresher stuff from reading all those blood bath wuxia/xianxia.
    One year child? Uh... they're reincarnated individuals.
    If you're asking about physical ability, a baby at approximately one year old indeed can start walking and talking.

PrIMaL and kainee like this.
  5. HavekZero

HavekZero A well meaning, contributing member of this forum

Reading List:
    Link
    BullShit a one year old cant talk because their vocal chords arent developed enough.
    which is why all the do is say "aaaaah" or "uwahhh" or something along those lines.
    its a question of simple practicality, a one year old just cant. And if i had a kid who
    randomly started talking when he's 1 year old i'd do a lot more than just calling him a demon.

6. CloudySkySadMoon

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't make me cry........

7. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    give @CloudySkySadMoon onion

8. Guradu Gilgida

Reading List:
    Link
    I did a simple quick study just now. Apparently, at 12-15 months a baby can speak a simple single syllable. It's bound to be something the baby fascinated by and can easily say.
    And well, in the novel some of the adults indeed creep-ed out with them talking.

9. kainee

kainee 「Lazy Lurker」【Overlord of Slumber】

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, you're talking about two people that just happen to die in a freak bomb accident and then just happen to reincarnate as 1 year old in ancient China who happen to be from neighboring families and happen to be engaged from birth and the one thing you fixate on is that it's not natural for 1 year olds to walk and talk? Seriously?

I might react like you did as a reader if I hadn't already read light novels like Mushoku Tensei where the MC was already reading and learning magic since he was a baby while feeling pervy thoughts in a body that shouldn't feel those hormones to begin with, much less some of the more ridiculous novels that I've heard of where the MC was trying to gather harems of women as a newborn or something. I think I remember reading on this forum that mentioned a MC having a lactation fetish and taking advantage of their newborn status to get off on it or something. After shrugging off a lot of similar logic defying premises just so I can enjoy the story, I'm pretty much able to shrug off kids walking and talking at 1 year old at a more advanced rate than possible. Compared to some of what I've read, it's only a slight suspension of disbelief for me. Because no matter how you argue for it, magic or not, all those reincarnated MCs more or less defy belief. If you nitpick it to death, you'll never have anything fantastic to read.

Akita, Purple Lotus, Yuraine and 5 others like this.
  10. CloudySkySadMoon

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I get some more stuff. I can't cook onions only.
    Well said!
    I read stories where mc's started walking the road to op-ness since crawling stage, I read about 5 year old's flirting, 8 year old's too. You'll find many illogical stories. Reincarnation itself is illogical.

Yuraine, kainee and Anon Ymous like this.
  11. Redo

Redo 『God Tier Fanon BRO』 『Swordsaint Puppeteer』 \></

Reading List:
    Link
    The author could at least make it believable situation... or use the timeskip button...
    I thought... being in the past and all. the people would be more superstitious. But, this is a Chinese fiction so of course its a Miracle Baby and not some suspiciously possessed baby...

Ignoring the baby stuff tho, its a great read :coffee:

Yuraine and kainee like this.
  12. Guradu Gilgida

Reading List:
    Link
    They ARE superstitious, even the father thought that his son is a monster, and he got bashed by his wife and his parents...
    'They're sages, not monsters!'
    Yup, a good mother.

Yuraine and kainee like this.
  13. Redo

Reading List:
    Link
    Heh, yeah. Being accepted is nice.

14. Missingnoleader

Missingnoleader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The fact that they are still babies are hinted by the fact they can't even eat hard food yet. Much to their dismay as they are in the process of introducing new recipes.

15. Poor_Hero

Poor_Hero your hope is crushed under the flag of "REALITY"

Reading List:
    Link
    the cooking arc like this makes me hungry 囧rz

CloudySkySadMoon likes this.
  16. Slaggedfire

Slaggedfire Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No joke, second chapter I felt like screaming, no actually I did scream...not out of happiness, but I was yelling at the fact that a baby is saying mom and kissing, it just....wasn't he suppose to know psychology.

Oh god, he shouldn't know the word Grandma either.

Chapter four, they are speaking sentences and I'm on the verge of crying, they are babies they shouldn't know these things it would make them suspect. They are babeis it shouldn't, it's so stupid why couldn't the author wait till they were at least three.

I'm getting really frustrated, chapter 5 I've been yelling at my monitor for a few minutes. Can anyone tell me what chapter it is when they are not babies anymore.

I'm not even yelling anymore, I gave up on the idea of a decent baby arc. On another note, why is Xiaobao so superior to Wang Juan? I feel like he's better than her in everyway, why even have Wang Juan? wasn't this suppose to be a novel where they both complimented eachothers natural talents.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    Yuraine and Lishasharma like this.
  17. Slaggedfire

Slaggedfire Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I give up reading this chapter 25 is far as I'm willing to go.

To the person defending this stuff by saying they are reincarnated TIMESKIP JUST DO A TIMESKIP MAKE THEM AGE THREE THEN AND ONLY THEN WILL THIS BABY TALKING WALKING EXERCISING MAYHEM BE ACCEPTABLE. On another note, why are babies exercising so intensely? they are going to ruin their growth.

Yuraine likes this.
  18. Redo

Reading List:
    Link
    ... babies creating firecrackers... o_O

Akita likes this.
  19. IcedBaby

IcedBaby The Baby that wanted ETERNITY

Reading List:
    Link
    YESSSSSSS