Question Rebirth of the Thief Who Roamed The World

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Effugium, Aug 2, 2019.

?

Should i read it?

Poll closed Aug 4, 2019.
  1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been contemplating whether or not i should read this.
    Other VRMMO novels i have read are:
    Legendary moonlight sculptor: The first VRMMO novel that i've read, probably why i liked it
    Only Sense Online: I like this one because of the slice of life aspect of it
    Overgeared: I like the character development of grid and how the side characters also helped in the development of the guild and his character.
    Reincarnation of the Strongest Sword God: I feel like this one has the potential, but the way the MC got so many legendary quests while the previous hasn't even been completed and time limit that doesn't affect anything is frustating. Also many items that the MC has seems to have been forgotten by the author (character also). As long as it's more consistent, it could have been enjoyable

Should i read Rebirth of the Thief Who Roamed The World? How is it compared to the other VRMMO novels?

2. shinobimike22

shinobimike22 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    probably the best among the "die - reincarnate - play game instead of getting a life" vrmmorpg gang out there, not including The World Online since 'twas a vrmmorts.

oh btw the list (in order) includes:
    1. Rebirth of the Thief who roamed the world
    2. The Great Thief
    3. Reincarnation of the strongest Sword God
    4. MMORPG Rebirth of the Legendary Guardian

Astaroth likes this.
  3. Effugium

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do you say it's the best? which part of it makes it the best?

4. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    imo it's the best because it's the least bad, basically it's the one which most resembles something that could've potentially been an actual game, unlike pretty much every other novel.

It's very similar to Reincarnated Strongest Sword God, actually that novel is 99% for sure a Rebirth of the Thief rip-off.
    They have similar issues and annoyances that makes it a lot less fun to read, especially if you ever stop to think for a moment.

Anyway, I could complain about the novel all day but it's just a waste of time, just give the novel a try and if it gets too annoying to read when the author keeps forgetting things, the MC does obvious idiot things for plot, enemies somehow catch up to MC who should be leveling 100 times faster than them, etc. etc. then just drop the novel.

Then maybe you'll come back to read it again later when you forget some of the things that pissed you off.

p.s. also LMS and Overgeared are probably the 'best' and most epic VRMMORPG novels, but when it comes to being a game, then Rebirth of the Thief is the best/least bad. (Though The King's Avatar is way ahead of any other game novel, except that it's not VR. But I would highly recommend it if you haven't read it.)

p.p.s Here's my fairly informative Rebirth of the Thief novel review that goes more in detail of certain aspects of the novel rather than just saying "this is bad" "this is good" blablabla: https://www.novelupdates.com/fdrev/?comid=37209&sid=1291

p.p.p.s The best part of Rebirth the Thief which sets it apart from the rest is imo that Nie Yan feels the most like an actual "gamer", he does and thinks similar to what you or someone else who has experience playing games might do. And he makes fairly good use of his "future" knowledge and the Thief Class' stealth mechanics.

Loot runs, boss snipes, power leveling, grind spots/abuses, etc.

5. Effugium

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, i'll give it a try. Thanks

Naruin likes this.
  6. hammyhamham

hammyhamham Only existing and not living

Reading List:
    Link
    i've read it, its quite good but I stopped for now because it became boring for me

7. Effugium

Reading List:
    Link
    At what point did it become boring?

8. luckymorris

luckymorris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want something fairly similar to LMS, you should try out Virtual world : Peerless white emperor, to me it's either this one or LMS that are the best VRMMORPG novels, imo they're not that good so it just mean that the genre itself is pretty shit. The thing that will drive you CRAZY will be the overused joke, SO.F*CKING.TEDIOUS. But well, if you managed to not lose your mind over LMS's MC's greed, i guess you'll be alright for that too.
    As for the tief thing novel, all i've read about it is that the novel is just full of plot armor, wish fulfillement, and repetivity, kinda like MGA.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  9. fanwithlight

fanwithlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, in my opinion, Rebirth of the Thief Who Roamed The World is slightly above average. It's good, except the ending, which is like the ending of an axed manga. You can read it, but when reach the chapter when MC is assasinated, stop there.
    I dropped Reincarnation of the Strongest Sword God about 3 months ago, and I recommend you do the same. Its plot is simply "a big shot appear - understimate MC - MC do some ultra hard quest and get the reward - slap the big shot's face - repeat". Honestly, why everyone here stupid and arrogant enough to think low of someone they knew very little about? Not mention that no one realize MC play two roles, while they never online at the same time and use sword ? No one think of add friend to both of them, or check in guild member list?
    I know of some good VRMMO novel, but I'm unsure they are translated or not. Let me do some research.

10. Naruin

Naruin [Dada's New Employee][ex-NAH owner]

Reading List:
    Link
    think u should give it a try~ it doesn't make me sleepy till now(basis if it's good or not).. n its kinda rare xD haha ^^v *peace*

11. Effugium

Reading List:
    Link
    May i ask what level is he at the end of the novel? Also how is the villain cpmpared to strongest sword god? Are they all arrogant young masters?
    You read it?

12. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    Lv 200, MC became "The Pope" since he own all 6 sacred books. (I read it long ago and I hate the ending, so maybe my memory isn't completely right)
    And the villians is much, much better than Strongest Sword God. They do think low of MC, but they never "let's see what he can do". They try to win by every means. The main villian (the guy who is assasinated by MC in chap 1) is the best. He did the same thing: bet his life to kill MC, and almost success. He faced the death without fear.

13. Effugium

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for disturbing you but i have another question...
    Are there realms like in strongest sword god in this novel?

14. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    Not sure what you're asking (I don't read the translation of RSSG), but if you talk about the thing like server (players in different realm didn't interact with others, until the late game), then RTWRW has 2 and RSSG has 6 or 7.

15. Effugium

Reading List:
    Link
    The realms in strongest sword god like refinement realm, flowing water realm, void realm, etc. It's basically the level of control players have over their body and maximizing their potential... It's like a martial arts thingy...

16. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    RTWRW do has realms like that, but it's different between class and is named after the advanced class. I only remember the highest realm of class Thief (lv 200) called "Shadow Dance"
    I think Mad Snail's novel "Thief's Bravery" is better, but don't know why it hasn't been translated yet.

Effugium likes this.
  17. Effugium

Reading List:
    Link
    Will he join a guild or just go solo til the end?

18. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    If you talk about RTWRW: MC founded his own guild.
    If you talk about Thief's Bravery: MC solo till the end, though he got support from one of the biggest guilds.

19. Effugium

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhh, thanks for the replies, i am going to go read it now

20. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    Ask me if you want to know more.