Discussion Most: Underated\Unknown-enough, novels.

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by a9jqpp, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a9jqpp

a9jqpp Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so, tell me about novels you feel are much better then they are rated as, or novels which you feel are unknown enough and more people should know them in comparison to other novels that are very known even though people don't like them very much.
    I'll start by mentioning the novel "The Silly Alchemist" ,I find it very entertaining(i havn't read the full novel, so i refer to the start) and it is rated 4.1 average from 435 votes, yet it's Activaty stat for week/month/all time are :#146,#115,#244 respectively.
    compered for example to "Talisman Emperor" which has Activaty stats of #16,#17,#65 yet a rating average of 3.5 by 308 votes i think "The Silly Alchemist" should me more known..

2. ZachB

ZachB Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The silly alchemist was good until the author cant decide an optimal ending so he created more. lol

3. grish99

grish99 [Pelican Hater] [Hater of Face-Slapping]

Reading List:
    Link
    comparing activity and rating
    most people dont rate novels
    what you like doesnt mean others will like and vice versa
    and dont compare activity stats with novel that have 1k+ chapters vs 200+ chapters most people read 1k novel cause they read so much of it that they say "why not read it to end"
    dont even compare trash xuanhuan novels vs everything I dont know why ppl still read these

The loner likes this.
  4. unkxz

unkxz Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Invisalats

Invisalats The Bearded One

Reading List:
    Link
    I read plenty of trash novels. This is mainly a result of good novels lacking translation speed and sometimes translation quality. I also am not a fan of heavy romance which narrows selection down a bit as there are many rather good novels that have way too much of an emphasis on romance.

TL;DR: I read trash cause I'll take what I can get which is often the same reason for others lol

6. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Praise the orc...

Bultaaarrrrr...!

7. forecast

forecast [Batoto Veteran] [sakurahana veteran]

Reading List:
    Link
    Zombie evolution
    The translation stopped.

As far as novels go its unusual and funny since the mc needs to travel with a coffin

8. Sparteh

Sparteh The Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Pursuit of the Truth. All other Er Gen novels (RI, ISSTH and AWE) are very well known (probably because they were released on WW), however on NU it is rated the worst of them all (only 3.9 rating) and is little known. However, both I and pretty much everyone who have completed it, agree that it is ether his best or ties with RI as his best novels.

9. gangsar1998

gangsar1998 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Daoist gu it is really underrated, the mc is evil in true sense not a goody two shoes

Deleted member 89812 likes this.
  10. The loner

The loner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/neet-receives-a-dating-sim-game-leveling-system/
    Translation has reached raw, and it hasn't been updated for quite a while. Well, it gets underrated cause of Mc's handsomeness which was mentioned too much on early chapters. But most characters are fleshed out and grow beautifully. Well, it's a matter of preference though.

If underrated means not known, then most would be because of it hasn't been updated recently, whether it has slow update or it has been completed..

11. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    feel gud slapping other lul

not have any atm

13. Lecoany

Lecoany Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I have seen qidian novels does not get updates here and rankings are based on release rate. Imo it is the best novel ever made and no other novels come even close to it. It is really popular on forums too.

Deleted member 89812 likes this.
  14. SummerForest

SummerForest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As if in Dracula?
    A vampire is supposed to travel with its coffin where it can take refuge during the day.

15. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    sirin423, LysUltima and Dyne like this.
  16. a9jqpp

a9jqpp Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for your suggestions!

17. Fuyuneko

Fuyuneko winter cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  18. Maelstrom08

Maelstrom08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't exactly call it unknown, but "A Record of a Mortals Journey to Immortality" fits. It was essentially what the Er Gen, the creator of ISSTH, RI, PoT, and AWE used as inspiration. The main problem that most people had with the novel, is that the mc is too cautious. He strays away from fighting unless necessary, doesn't go for treasures that seem safe, and also the fact that he has barely any friends, if any at all. Because of this, the start of the novel, first 300-500ch or so feel very anticlimactic or slow, just because there isn't too much crazy things going on yet. The best part about this was even thought this was the case, even 500ch down the road, where the novel really picks up, the mc is the same as he always was. The creator was able to make a generally disliked mc into a loved one, without changing his personality whatsoever, that's the genius of the novel. Also the fact that it works like any other cultivation novel, but doesn't have an op/muderhobo mc is both a minus to most (for some reason) but a plus for others.

kkchaitu likes this.
  19. fanwithlight

fanwithlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's justified: his first mentor view him like a pig that he raised to eat. He had to learn from young age "never depend on others". And he got a treasure that can supply him almost unlimited resources, so he rarely need to risk his life to fight or explore a dungeon full of traps.

Maelstrom08 likes this.
  20. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    :facepalm:

But I will play your game.
    My Castle, My Castellan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.