Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Zing

Zing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder, if Alda or Rod see the record of Alex observing Van's status, will they be able to read the garbled text?

Bla8bla, Eddy andres and hillo315 like this.
  2. vannn

vannn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the gods are limited by what their believers can perceive, rather they can see the raw footage but not things the "camera" couldn't capture. If not you open the door for a weird kind of omnipresence where gods are seeing more than the believer can physically. No one has shown that ability so far, and the mechanics would be murky at best. (Can you "know" something you don't know?) Not to mention plot holes (Why hasn't Alda used this to evaluate Vandelieu's status before?)

3. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    Rod can, yes. It has also been confirmed by Densuke in comments.
    they are limited only by what the person was able to perceive or see, so they can use that camera footage to analyze things. Alda can only do that during prayers, but Rod can do it from all of a person's life as long as they are in his system.

So for example, if a person dies without knowing and not having seen the culprit, Rod would have to check everyone else to see who was the killer. If it was something like a stray bullet where neither side is aware, Rod would need to do detective work to find out. You can see the mess.

Edit:
    Some comments have been answered.
    So, while our main ghosts in the story are elemental ghosts who rank up and grow stronger in their elements, he has explained that non-attribute ghosts (Like President-san and other natural ones), when they rank up they turn into Specters and Wraiths.

Someone asked about Kachia and Tarea, as they haven't been appearing lately, like many characters, and although Densuke recognizes the situation about many characters, he at least said that these 2 are scheduled to appear more, although their time just has not come yet.

And the reason Van has not used Lemures anymore is simply because the DK familiars are much more useful. You could say that Lemures spend less Mana, but seriously, Van can recover them fast, and the DK familiars remain for more time. And if you argue they can be invisible and so on, the Ghosts are also invisible, more powerful and intelligent, while the DK Familiars can also do physical work like helping on shows and making his inner world inner park run. So yeah, there is literally no more reason for Lemures...

Edit 2:
    Someone made a suggestion that Rokudou could use Telkatanis to approach Alex, that's something quite ingenious. Densuke just said to wait to see how things will develop, so this will remain as just a possibility.

Meanwhile, it seems that Zohna was rescued by "Sanzu River Blocking Corps", a defense unit of Vandalieus that blocks the passage of specific people facing near-death experiences. Point is, I'm sure it's a joke, but it's so fitting when said by the author himself.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  4. RichardNova

RichardNova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh? going back holding hands? Just keep the princess carrier until they get back to where they were having a conversation.

Zonah then would say thanks to Van and curiously point out why he didn't let her go and walk back together since they weren't in a urgent situation anymore just so van notice it just now like "ah, now that you say its true, isn't it?" lol

Bla8bla, hillo315 and ssj4maiko like this.
  5. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    That's the moral of this whole story arc, I guess.

But can he comprehend the garbled text? That's the important question.

Bla8bla and Eddy andres like this.
  6. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @ hillo315 possibly not, it is assumed that the status sheet has to do with the ability, if God used the user's body as an avatar maybe he could translate as without a text, but if he tried to do it from afar it would be like trying of using an automatic translator in an image.

hillo315 likes this.
  7. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, he'd see mozaik too. Pretty sure Densuke confirmed that yesterday before the latest chapter came out

ssj4maiko and hillo315 like this.
  8. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This has already been answered, but, pretty much Rod can, Alda could only see it if Alex was praying to him at the time though. (We don't know what Alex's religion is right now, so who knows?)

Oh, I'm quite certain he will not be able to determine what the garbled text is actually saying. However, what he CAN do is he can count the number of characters and the number of lines. With this, he can get an idea of how many places long his numeric stats are, and how many of each kind of skill he has as well as how many jobs he has gone through. Even if he can't identify the specific skill, job, or title by name, it should still be enough for him to totally freak out when he sees it.

9. NekoMK2

NekoMK2 Lazy cat, [self proclaimed GM_Rusaku Disciples]

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    basically what happen when trying using magic eyes on Van

10. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't that mean Rodcorte can measure Van's stats to get a very general sense of how strong he is, and prepare more appropriate anti-Van doombots?

Hypothetically, of course.

11. RichardNova

RichardNova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He can't, hillo, if rod knows van posses 5 digits atributes value its impossible to have a proper measure. Is it 10,000? 20,000? 40k, 50k... 99k? There is still a huge diference within 5 digits. He can just roughly estimate based that van is able to kill a sub god giant and dragon 1x1 bare handed with minor to none wounds and have to try estimate how many job changes van has done after receive botin and peria protections.

The only thing Rod can do and have to do is power up as much as possible van'enemies (Alda Forces) and have as many trump card avaiable (Rokudou with Guduranis soul piece and all Demon kings fragments avaiable for him have a vessel and go to the world surface freely while, of course, training his mana to reach as many bilions possible [his free grown restriction should work even if he doesn't have status value due to ownning a diferent soul standart after reaching godhood and can not incarnate as a human beeing])

I can't wait for Edgar (Guduranis new disguise :blobninja: lol) discover that there is other person stealing his body fragments and burst in rage, revealing itself ruinning his plan to kill van first and Belwood and heinz later. This is the type of chaotic situation we need to have.:blobhero::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn_cool::blobokhand::blobowoevil::blobspearpeek:

Korleone, Bla8bla, NekoMK2 and 4 others like this.
  12. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Essentially this, but there is one more thing he actually CAN do. If he passes this info on to Rokudo, he might convince the guy to be more cautious. I could honestly see Rokudo just rushing into a murder spree the moment he's revived before, but if he gets info about how powerful Van really is then he might bide his time a bit in order to gain power (since Van is apparently, as far as he can tell, fooling around and not focusing on his growth.)

Remember here, they are not aware of exactly what Van's work-around is or the fact that he can gain experience while he's at school simply by having one of his DK familiars watch Bakunawa eat rank 13 demons on the DK continent.

RichardNova, Bla8bla, NekoMK2 and 2 others like this.
  13. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    I had added 2 edits in my previous comment, but here comes some new answers.

As Kari reinforced, as it seems I wasn't clear enough, the gods can't decode the text, all they will see is what Alex saw. You can think of it as a Cam Recorder, the gods can't even move it to third person or super zoom it, if the person didn't see it, then it was not seen.
    Of course, just like any movie, the gods with the extra understanding could interpret things in a different way from the character that recorded the footage. As exemplified, Rod could guess that Van's stats have X digits, but no idea about the in between.

In regards to that though, it's important to note that while his base stats are all in the 5 digits areas, his HP and INT are in the 6 digits, plus his capabilities could be seen as already superior to 10K points, so expect them deducing correctly that Van is reaching 100K on everything simply because Int already went through it.

While the new translated chapter is not released, Sebas shared Banda's description from Side Chapter 28 earlier today:
    Densuke has not answered many comments lately, plus the time he answers is really early in the morning, but considering the less time spent in the comments, either he is more busy doing IRL affairs, or writing the story, as such I'm guessing the next chapter will end up being released quite late again, or very early.

I believe there was a part that was saying that Zohna crawled on the ground a little or something, so I think he already dropped her. But it would certainly be a good idea. XD

I can't wait to see Romcom in this school arc, although at the same time, damn you Rokudou doing Rokudou things, just find a way to stabilize yourself and attack Rod as the giant wall that can't attack that he currently is, although I guess he will lose his allies, and he needs help to deal with Heinz too.

-----------

One thing that I have noticed about my own predictions is that I seem to go towards the less messy story, so Rokudou would have to be dealt without involving Elizabeth, Randolph, Heinz and so on, and each of them would be the same. Katie could be related or used to Rokudou, but that would be about it. However, from this last one I noticed it's interesting to mix up problems, we had Zohna and the trio trying to find info on Van conflicting with Alex's agenda.

With Sahadeva's abilities, I started to consider, couldn't he take Sahadeva to kill Asagi's trio, and with their souls use it on himself similar to how Rod made Pseudo-Gungnir and Psudo-Death Scythe? Although I guess the trio can be used as bait nonetheless.

The cheats he has available are: Balor, Sahadeva, Artemis, Ares, Sleipnir, Copy and Shaman. Balor is encroached, Copy seems to have been heavily damaged. I'm expecting however them to not do anything directly against Van, Rod knows that Van can counter stuff, so most likely they will all reincarnate in Telkatanis' Sanctuary,

But I guess the enemies are in wait phase: Heinz needs to train, and Rokudou needs to wait more fragments.

--------------

This also reminds me of two things: Heinz original character was for him to be like current Bellwood, which, if we can guess, means that he would never fight against Van, or something like that. However, things are happening in a way that may place Heinz in a position where he will find out his side sucks, which could kinda place him back into that "original draft" position.

What I mean is that, while a lot of the story has already been rearranged from the initial position, it's likely that the baseline won't be changed a lot, as such, I'm expecting more time to be wasted on Heinz until something relevant happens to him.

The other thing is about Alex. Densuke had mentioned that he was a hero-like character that was supposed to have already appeared previously according to the original draft, of course, no idea where or when, but you gotta wonder "What was his fate there, and what is his fate related to that he could be pushed to future chapters?". Will he die? Will something happen to his eyes? Will he actually be guided and join Van? What was supposed to happen before that will happen now?

-----------------

So, I also thought of doing a small review of things right now.

Telkatanis is going after the Fragments in secret in a way that would also avoid leaks, however, it seems that the lack of nearby fragments will force him to have to use a "King's Crown" as a key to open some secret vault or something that should get some fragments.
    Not sure what could that entail, and maybe that would be something used on the election, which means that he will have to win against Alcrem now. Otherwise, he will have to get fragments from temples far away, which would be risky.

Dolmad and other nobles don't seem to be doing much besides trying to find info on the Zakkarts.
    /////////////
    Heinz was supposed to be a coward but he is not, he is training to get used to Bellwood, but I don't expect this to happen anytime soon. Edgar however should be doing his "big brother" Gudu role of encouraging Heinz to train and fight.

Selen's letter should be arriving anytime soon.

Now that reminds me of Pietro Farzon, the relative of Duke Farzon who was taking care of Useless Girl, and he is a Priest of Vida. Considering the electoral year, I wouldn't be surprised if he joined his uncle or whatever to meet these supposed Vida revolutionaries that are Darcia and her son, the boy being the one that told Selen to stay away from him.
    /////////
    Alda seems to have noticed nothing about the Fragments in Orbaum, he was supposed to tell Heinz about the reincarnation systems and as such breaking the rule of the gods (For some reason, I feel like Heinz will be the reason that Van will learn about it). Alda should also have learned that a new batch of reincarnators have died.

The other gods may be preparing their heroes to deal with the Demon King, and the surviving Demi-gods could be just sucking their thumbs while waiting. Valfaz, which was one of the Beast Kings killed by Van but had not his soul eaten, I wonder if he will reappear as a God now.
    ///////
    Zohna-chan has fallen in love. Mact's trio... Guess they can only rely on Zohna right now, and in a way that means she has info, in another it also means she has a big warning.

Elizabeth and Maheria may notice changes in Zohna, and start to wonder what happened. I'm not entirely sure what are her thoughts on Van, but I believe she still finds him suspicious, however, at the same time, I now can imagine both asking Zohna about it, who would just say that Van can be fully trusted, he may be weird, but he really wants to be their friend as she witnessed him talking.

Another thing is that the one month where the juniors can't join the seniors is over, so you gotta wonder about Pauvina's party, who will she join? I don't expect her joining Van and Elizabeth simply because their party is already too big. But Densuke replied in a question that maybe Alex could get a girl to serve as a Tank on his party... I would argue that it's possible that Pauvina will join Alex's party... Well, this would certainly build up the guidance path to him.

Also Pauvina should have Luvez with her now. Alex should notice that he won't be able to read the status of the dragon either (It would be funny if he could, just to find out the real name and so on)

Randolph... Where is Kana-chan when we need her.
    Meorilith... Up until right now, the two were pretty much a comedy pair for this arc, Randolph went serious last chapter though, so you gotta wonder if she will have such a chance too. Gotta wait to see what will Randolph tell her about the test, although I don't expect him to talk about what happened.
    /////////
    Origin people... I wonder if Van is waiting for Rokudou to be dealt with before they are allowed to leave his place, or if he is training all of them just to make sure that they will be able to survive Rokudou's surprise attack in Lambda, which means Van is training Hiroshi to be stronger than a C Rank Adventurer?

I now wonder what will be Darcia's reaction to Mei, now that I think about it, she may treat her as her own child from now on, considering Mei's title. It would be funny later once Narumi were to visit the children and find out the "other mother". Although that reminds me that Darcia is still aware of the reincarnators as possible enemies, as she expressed in the party event.

Katie-chan who is studying in the Mage's Guild, wondering how to make sure her family publicly apologizes to Talosheim. I guess she won't be able to move a lot right now, so I'm expecting her to help with Rokudou or something.

Kanako should be moving all around Alcrem with her sermons.

I don't expect the 2 reincarnators to meet Katie anytime soon, since Van could still think of her as some sort of spy or something (Remember when he thought that their eyes were like camera and went to Doug's face to tell whoever is hearing that he doesn't care about them and not to go out of their way to apologize).
    I'm still waiting for Van, who is now a God of Origin who can talk with people who pray to him, to realize that "Doesn't the same happens in Lambda?" and be more aware of people "not related to Vida", like those with Rod's Divine Protection, that he already confirmed to be gone once they are guided.
    ////////
    Yuuma-chan will be finally back, wonder how much she has changed since we last saw her.

Sam is now registered, as such, I'm expecting Van to have a carriage to go to school, and call his friends on. Zohna-chan may also want to visit his home.

And then we have the parents like Amelia. Although I don't expect them to be still around, remember when Juliana was almost killed and the spirits were still attached to her trying to save her? I wonder if Van will find Maheria's parents in a similar way to that. Maybe also Elizabeth's grandfather. Although their memories could have been mostly blank since then... Well, it's over 10 years, finding them is unlikely, plus, they would have already gone to Van after he entered the town.
    ///////
    And then what else, we have Moksi where Basdia should still be there working as a magical girl, Magisa dealing with the skewers.
    Talosheim that is more of a hub world rather than a place of events.
    Sauron duchy that should have received news about Elizabeth
    Hartner duchy that should have received news about Katie

Am I forgetting anyone else that is relevant to some extent?
    I'm expecting Isla to be extra sulky since she is the only one that has not been registered yet, and as such can't be with her master.

14. hidefreek

hidefreek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's heavily hint about Heinz return to his origin path. Heinz acted as Alda Peaceful leader but still committed countless atrocity against other whom supposed to be protect.
    While he realised something he still choose his old path more than reforming and make the better future.
    Heinz angered about Van did to Hartner duchy more than unjustified Titan's salve.
    Worst, His friends show negative response and hostility against Van who is a leader of Vida force: Dwarf who jealous and called other a cheater neglect their circumstances, 'Brother' who keep sabotage his peaceful's mindset, His patron god who technically a group of evil schemers,.. ...... And New Era battle-mind (Asagi is Bellwood about enforce his will to other, Akaki as young Nineroad who use force against everything else for her 'Logic', Tendou as young Faumaun Gold who listen and admire his friend ideal to the point if no return)
    If Heinz truly wish for peace, he can do the same as our true 'manly' Schneider secretly find the truth and save as many as possible or just quit Alda faction to form new/truly peacful which try to stop the war between both Alda and Vida (the former use him as chest piece while the latter show hostility against him).

15. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  16. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice post! Just a quick comment though. The author updated the latest chapter with this note at the end:
    Basically, the next chapter will be out on the 7th because the author certain things he needs to do.

hillo315 and ssj4maiko like this.
  17. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone else wish that Vandeliu's uncle has reincarnated as a hungry child in a rural town in some third world country, going hungry every day and being beaten without having anything? On the other hand, does Zaridis have breasts?

hillo315 likes this.
  18. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    1. I sometimes hope his uncle is hungry and beaten, but also forced to work in a sweatshop and can't have luxuries.

2. Zadiris has the body of a teen even if 300 years old, so technically yes.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    Pafupafu1 and Eddy andres like this.
  19. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think she is a b-cup in the bust rankings.

20. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That could be quite funny the first time his friends get into Sam. Imagine their shocked faces when they realize how much bigger it is inside Vs. outside.

hillo315 and ssj4maiko like this.