Recommendations A hard find for me

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Jasonyt, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Jasonyt

Jasonyt Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am looking for a Cnovel with the following must:
    • Transmigration: The thing that must be adhered to is if the MC was an adult before he transmigrated than he acts like an adult in the new world. Not some guy that thinks ‘well I’m not an adult anymore so let’s act like a stupid kid or senseless teenager.
    • Weak to strong: a normal tag that we all know and hate.
    • Moral code: I prefer ones with a neutral moral code. Good guys work too. The issue I find is that they stick to the code irregardless of the relationship to the person. If their father breaks the moral code they show the same set of actions towards him as he would to an enemy.
    • Some with typical human faults: We all have a fault and no person can break this. It can be as big as one of the 7 deadly sins to biting on your fingernails. I just want an MC with a/some faults.
    • Balanced writing: I would like a novel with good balance between action and exposition. Not a novel where every page is a fight or setup for a fight but not one that over explains every detail.
    I know there is a huge difference in culture between China and America and I appreciate most of the Chinese culture but I have been having a hard time finding a novel with these points.

It can be a web novel or pay for novel.

2. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    A Hero's War on RRL

3. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    The Amber Sword and Abyss Domination

Both fulfill all points (AD might be a bit too heavy on the details though? But you can skim read the monster details, especially if you already know what each monster is), but with the caveat that they're System/RPG/Game Elements novels.

Now I know game elements got a bit of a bad rep for some because of tons of trashy system, game, etc. novels, but they're not really comparable to those at all.

Advent of the Archmage and Night Ranger are also like the other two (and the latter is already fully translated), but imo they're slightly worse. (Though they're still head and shoulders above the average.)

p.s. to be exact, they're all novels where the MC is transmigrated into a game-turned-fantasy world with the ability to get EXP and level up like a player would, so they become somewhat like a mix between an "NPC" and a player in a world of only NPCs. Really you can just think of the systems as UI and the power to grow stronger by killing others.

p.p.s and actually now that I think about it, another interesting novel is The Legendary Mechanic. It's similar to the other ones, except it's more modern -> Sci Fi and while the MC is an "NPC", players still exist.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  4. bakato

bakato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reverend Insanity? Check out my thread here: https://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=153819.

• Transmigration: The thing that must be adhered to is if the MC was an adult before he transmigrated than he acts like an adult in the new world. Not some guy that thinks ‘well I’m not an adult anymore so let’s act like a stupid kid or senseless teenager.
    MC was originally a chinese scholar from what we speculate to be modern day earth. Little to no information is given of this life. The story begins with his death after he reincarnates into the world of gu. He dies a 500 year-old demonic Overlord who stopped at nothing in his pursuit of Eternal Life.
    • Weak to strong: a normal tag that we all know and hate.
    MC was born with trash talent at cultivation. He's weak, but his cunning from his former life and knowledge of the future gives him the necessary edge. At no point does this feel like a cheat. When shit hits the fan, we really begin to panic and Fang Yuan's solutions never fail to impress.
    • Moral code: I prefer ones with a neutral moral code. Good guys work too. The issue I find is that they stick to the code irregardless of the relationship to the person. If their father breaks the moral code they show the same set of actions towards him as he would to an enemy.
    MC has no moral code period. He bears no hatred or love for anyone. He merely seeks Eternal Life through whatever means necessary. You will never see him fall in love or hate anyone whatever they do to him. But that isn't to say he's emotionless. He takes joy when his schemes succeed and is disappointed when they fail.
    • Some with typical human faults: We all have a fault and no person can break this. It can be as big as one of the 7 deadly sins to biting on your fingernails. I just want an MC with a/some faults.
    Whatever faults the MC had were washed away in his first life. When he was born into this world, his adult intelligence was taken for talent and clan praised him as a genius while his younger twin brother lived in his shadow. When they were awakened as cultivators,
    • Balanced writing: I would like a novel with good balance between action and exposition. Not a novel where every page is a fight or setup for a fight but not one that over explains every detail.
    Excellent writing. As a webnovel, information gets repeated but with hundreds of chapters you can't blame the author. Otherwise the plot pacing and narration is great. Perspectives change several times within each chapter and some chapters are devoted to other characters entirely. Exposition is dumped appropriately and some things aren't explained until much later where it's much more appropriate, which is really surprising since chinese authors have a tendency to dump everything at once.

5. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Jasonyt

Jasonyt Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not the brightest crayon in the box, so what is rrl?

7. Jasonyt

Jasonyt Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you, I have put them all on my bookshelf and will read them.

8. Jasonyt

Jasonyt Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will try it, and sorry my made up language triggered you. Thankfully you were not born in when Shakespeare was alive, he made up words all the time.

Astaroth likes this.
  9. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gate of god

10. Jasonyt

Jasonyt Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will try it, thank you.

11. Bright_Lucky_Star