LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel Updates Series

Welcome to the LCD of the series.
    The main character has magic of the rare, newly discovered attribute that rules over death.

Check out the wikia page for this series as well. It needs your help.

Guidelines of the thread:
    If you must post content information from the raw chapters surpassing the current translation chapter as of the moment of you posting the comment, they must be in spoiler tags.
    Other than that, everything is allowed so long as it pertains to the series.

None of this is really punishable, just frowned upon. Like the people who don't return their shopping carts to the proper shopping cart return areas after shopping.
    If you want to avoid tedious spoiler tag making, you can go to the other LCD thread specifically for raws.
    RAW DISCUSSION THREAD

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
    OsakiYT and kcjj like this.
  2. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bzzzzt WRONG!

Mikitoe and OsakiYT like this.
  3. Lyamda

Lyamda New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The guys started reading this novel. Liked.
    But I did not find where there are all the illustrations to the last 5 volumes.
    Who can share? or link to them
    1 -4 volumes half of the illustrations in this section is not present ((

OsakiYT likes this.
  4. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    That spoiler happens much earlier, in the end of the arch. I'm guessing it the other important spoiler.
    Demiurge, demi-god skill and demon ascend

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
    OsakiYT, Ganre21 and hillo315 like this.
  5. metazoxan

metazoxan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly Van could make so many changes to the undead if he wanted. But either because the author didn't think of them or just didn't feel like putting that much focus on undead modification we might not get it. But that doesn't mean we can't dream it up.

I'll make up a plan for the ultimate Kochen. First lets make the assumption any modifications have to be compatible with bones. So just outright adding steel cannons is no good.

But given how strong demon king bones are he could easily make some cannons out of bone. Also Iron can be found is blood so it might be possible to merge a small about of death iron with the bones and turn them black or whatever color deal iron was again. This would not only reinforce the bones but would mix more death attribute into it's being. BTW when I say merge I don't meat coating them I mean like at the particle level.

Additonally Kochen's greatest weakness if that he can only fight a war of attrition. Meaning he can't actually win a fight through strength and has to wear his opponent down. A way to fix this would be throwing in some special elite skeletons prepared by Van and assimilated into Kochen. Not just made of demon king bones but extra thick and with modifications done like extra arms or a built in bone blade.

Also just about anything organic should be compatible with bone in theory so more demon king parts could be used to make a "King" unit to go with the elite troups. My idea for the king unit would start with an Oricalcum skeleton with demon king claws and it's hands and feet and demon king's exo skeleton covering it like armor. lastly putting the treasure orbs (which at this point I assume are basically just crystal spheres that generate mana) in it's eye sockets. This would create a practically indestructible unit with powerful claws and extra mana.

Of course last thing to do would be to use Van's influence to generate a title for him. At this point given how he'll be made of a fair share of demon king parts especially his king and elite units. Why not give him the "Bone Demon King" title? I have no idea what that would do but it would probably be epic.

OsakiYT likes this.
  6. twinklecake

twinklecake Professional Freeloader

Reading List:
    Link
    Do Darcia's bones count as bones?

7. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they do.
    But what i am wondering aboit is what the bones of other chaos elf's are made of.

8. twinklecake

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember them being mentioned as being anything different than regular old bones but if I wes Knochen I'd start a collection of all the different races anyway.

9. Marcwedmaster

Marcwedmaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kanako did say that "she may not have the orichalcum bones" at one point or I'm just imagining things...didn't she say that when she was talkin to Van about magic girls and whatnot?

10. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't count Kochen out just yet. All he has to do is be a bit clever. It said it's typical for creatures like him to have some form of core, a case for which he is the exception. So, all he has to do is arrange his bones in some kind of castle or structure type arrangement that has an entrance that allows the attackers to enter his body, then after that he collapses the entire structure down on top of them and crushes them with the sheer weight of all the bones that make up his body. I honestly would not be surprised if this kills even A-rank adventurers.

So, Kochen's damage dealing capabilities ultimately depend upon the degree of intelligence and/or caution exercised by those attacking him.

11. Startarrot

Startarrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They do count as bones. She has a metal skeleton skill if i recall. And this is one of the properties that aren't passed down to the chaos elves since it is literally a metal skeleton van tossed into the root of life.

12. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    a vandeliu always likes to work with the best, from metals, bones, to organs without dyes or preservatives, all 100% extracted from the van itself.

Edge_God likes this.
  13. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Technically, demon king's ink counts as 100% organic. Not completely certain that means 100% safe under all applications (especially considering the term "100% organic colorants" usually refers to food dyes.)

hillo315 and Edge_God like this.
  14. twinklecake

Reading List:
    Link
    It's Knochen, not Kochen. The former means bones. The latter means cooking.

hillo315 likes this.
  15. spycho357

spycho357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    knochen can generate skeletons, but did it say only human skeletons? knochen was originally all the animal undead that fused to get stronger. If knochen can make other undead type skeletons than giants, titans, dragons and such are definitely a doable thing. On that tangent if knochen itself can change its shape than a giant single creature is possible imagine a tokyo dome sized bone dragon laying waste to van's enemies.

16. lordtalon

lordtalon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its a play on words seeing as he keeps getting new bones just to see if he evolves it some thing unique so cooking bones works

hillo315 likes this.
  17. twinklecake

Reading List:
    Link
    I am looking forward to him evolving some of those skills, and they do look look like the ingredients of a single delicious whole.

hillo315 likes this.
  18. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While in some ways, parts of this chapter could be seen as introducing (or re-creating) certain aspects of Japanese culture in a fantasy setting... in another way, it's a giant middle finger to that very same culture. Namely, certain aspects of idol culture.

Characters like Darcia, Zadiris and Basdia would not be popular as idols in Japan. Basically, they would be pretty much considered disqualified from being idols because they're not virgins (and are mothers on top of it). Idols are basically supposed to be untouchable flowers on a cliff - it's no good if someone else has already touched them. Side note, I believe this only applies to female idols. Another side note - I suspect part of the reason why this series isn't too popular in Japan is because the heroines aren't virgins (or at least the initial ones like Zadiris and Basdia).

So it's interesting that a real idol from this "must be a virgin" idol culture tossed this aside. Well, Kanako always was quite practically minded. She tossed aside the bits that wouldn't work in a different culture that didn't treat virgins as special and instead focused on making it a success.

In short, I find it both interesting and amusing that the author made idols out of characters that in many ways would be considered completely unsuited for the task.

hillo315 likes this.
  19. SupahHamster

SupahHamster 『The One Who Lurks』

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like each chapter gives a new reason for why Heinz is screwed whenever he ends up fighting them.

hillo315 likes this.
  20. ElefantVerd

ElefantVerd It's not me, and it's not you.

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Do you find it risible... when I say the name, Biggus Dickus ...

Shaod, NotOriginal, Shimki and 2 others like this.