LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. Marcwedmaster

Marcwedmaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading a novel translated in google translator is like reading the terms and conditions of any website or program, you can do it if you really want to, but you most likely are gonna be more confused at the end.

2. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've posted the chapter now.

3. ElefantVerd

ElefantVerd It's not me, and it's not you.

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow! Just... wow!

That! I was thinking just that the other day, if I was to do translatiosn seriously I would start with a M4/SED/AWK script to do some automatic translations before even taking a look at the text. That way the names of the characters would be standard from the start. Common idioms would be translated that way. Well, I though that without really knowing if it was possible with JAP-ENG translations...

Good to know.

4. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    Other tools were tried, but none worked as intended, at least not for free, some would focus on making an easily readable translation, but if the translation is wrong, what gives, right?

I started making a reference guide and collected keywords, then those keywords were the starting point for the rest, he made something that did the job and started the dictionaries, however everything can only be filled on his end. Then I made my own version that had an interface so that anyone can add stuff there, but it has it's own bugs since there is a lot of work to be made, and I don't game much time as I'm filling dictionaries one after another.

So basically Death Mage dictionaries are already pretty big, to the level that we can a status page completely translated, and if it's not translated yet, it's not much work to complete it. And then, it can also be used on other novels, since the system is the same, just need to fill them up, which is something I have been doing for the latest weeks, reviewing novels I read directly on syosetu and filling up everything, it takes time, but things get easier once it's finished finish, and I get a glossary to remember about characters and stuff.

5. Katherine

Katherine EvangelineSatanaAnastasiaDewiMiyabiMelatiNefertari

Reading List:
    Link
    that was really interesting chapter, Van really have a good Adventure :blobhero:

The Baby become more powerful now after getting the copy of demon king eye and antenna, and mini Van :D maybe her story will be similar to MC that have another soul inside his body that will help them now and then:blobpopcorn:

and that faceless face ghost maybe he is the one that get ability like ghost in Origin?

The Faceless Face Ghost is famous and beside in Japan maybe any part of country from western to eastern know this Ghost and i wonder when this Ghost Enter the fray and what is his Ability? Maybe similar to Doppelganger and beside have Doppelganger ability, this ghost will have extra ghost ability like Possession, Invisibility and so on. Maybe the Ghost even have more dangerous ability, like Stealing all the Skill and Ability after he killed the one it copied it's form :blobfearful:

In My Country there is this Faceless Ghost since ancient time that hunting a woman with beautiful face and she want to have the most Beautiful Face, so in the end this Faceless Ghost even dare to battle and kill Bidadari.

But there is more powerful one than Faceless Ghost, it's called The Faceless Devil or Iblis Tanpo Muko. But Iblis Tanpo Muko story is very different than Faceless Ghost. While Faceless Ghost is only 1 Entity or being, Iblis Tanpo Muko is like Dozens, Hundreds to Thousands Evil Spirits that take form 1 Body and 1 Face and name itself Iblis Tanpo Muko, really contradictive, it have face but name itself faceless, maybe because it have a lot of face and it doesn't have it's own real face, so it name itself Faceless Devil. Iblis Tanpo Muko Mission is to take Revenge.

It's Ability is Immortality because it have a lot of life, 1 time die will only cost 1 evil spirit die, so it needs to be killed a lot of time and beside that Iblis Tanpo Muko have a lot of ability, it can use any ability from all those Thousands of Evil Spirits, it can replenish the spirits it's loses by absorbing any spirits out there, it can escape and have a lot of Escaping Ability to, so it's more harder to kill. And his Favorite move is to transform a Good people become an Evil People and grant them Evil Power Just like the Devil / Iblis in his name "Iblis Tanpo Muko".

6. lordtalon

lordtalon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    im guessing the baby is the child of the two braver in origin

7. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As an example, I keep up with google translate but also read every single translated chapter as well. I often find there are little nuances that I completely missed in the MTL (Machine translation.)

For this particular chapter, the things that I missed were 1. I did not quite realize that Ricklent and Zuluwarn left Van in his dream world. I somehow got the impression that he woke up after getting the god of origin protection, and then immediately fell back into another dream where he was wandering around and found the "black something."

2. When I had the above mentioned misconception, I somehow thought Van was back in Talosheim at the time. In fact, I completely missed the fact that he was waiting in line and trying to get into Moksi at the time. I somehow thought that the scene after the dream where he was at the gate was a completely separate scene where he had woken up and then decided it was time to infiltrate the city.

3. With the two above listed misconceptions in mind, it probably goes to follow that I had absolutely no realization that Gufadgarn was moving Van while he was unconscious and in his dream world.

Aside from those three misconceptions though, I actually grasped just about everything else in this chapter that happened. I actually find that reading by MTL is something you can adjust to. However, if you are going to use this method, I very strongly recommend you only do so with one series and no others. Each author has different idioms and expressions they tend to use. Your brain can adjust pretty well to almost anything, and after a bit your own brain will automatically make the appropriate corrections. However, this only works if you are consistent with the kinds of errors that keep showing up, and that can only be done if you choose only one author to go to MTL with.

If you are only going to do this with one series, Death Mage is a pretty good one to choose. The RAW chapters come out rather frequently (One every 4 days,) and it is currently way ahead of the TL chapters (by about 170 chapters) and that lead is just increasing due to the quick rate of release. The chapters are plenty interesting, even with the MTL issues, and that huge lead is plenty to allow you to start forming that mental corrections template.

From my own experience, it takes around 20-40 chapters in order to get that mental automatic corrections thing going. So, that's about an entire arc of the story. I would VERY strongly recommend getting someone who reads RAW to help you out while you are still in that 20-40 chapter range and haven't formed those auto mental corrections yet. Once you pass that point though, it is totally worth it.

BTW:

8. penguinleecher

penguinleecher Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who did Vandalieu just become an eldritch guardian angel to? Is that supposed to be a mystery for now?

9. crazedreader

crazedreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really, cause you're supposed to read this entire volume in one go, which include the next few chapter. Long story short we'll meet that little guy again in a few chapter.

10. Ghost-Plant

Ghost-Plant Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get the feeling that Vandalieu just created two subordinate gods this chapter; the first out of the Noppera-bou and the second out of his own flesh. If that's true I wonder how the gods of Origin will feel about this.

11. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My opinion has always been that Banda is a Banderhobb (mythical creature who serves a powerful mage or demon and kidnaps people for them.) Except, instead of kidnapping, it brings "Meh-Kun" back to their parents.

That description of what they do alone is probably enough to sorta justify it on shaky grounds, but another part of my reason for saying that is what Banda is eventually described as looking like. It's not exactly the same as a banderhobb, but it's close enough. Actually, it's more like he looks like a banderhobb with extra features. (Extra arms, extra eyes, extra tentacles... well, banderhobbs don't have tentacles, therefore any tentacles at all are extra)

12. Marcwedmaster

Reading List:
    Link
    Would not the faceless one be the one girl that could transform who was brainwashed?

13. Ghost-Plant

Ghost-Plant Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But is it possible for Van to create a new species out of nothing but himself. I mean most of the creatures he has created are either monsters that have been augmented by his mana or demon king drones made from parts of himself (whats more he has even stated that these drones are not separate beings but still himself just moving remotely with either his will or simple instructions).

Perhaps, but what connection would she have with Van that would bring her to him and in such a state. I mean shouldn't she be thinking of herself as the Avalon since her purpose is to act as his double? If she were to meet Van in his dream wouldn't she be more inclined to act as Rikudo (probably butchering the name but whatever) instead of just some blank slate? I don't think she was present when the Braver's killed van in the beginning (I believe they brought only their offensive members) and was she even aware of Van in any form to begin with before her mind was turned into butter by Rikuo?

14. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This last chapter was great is amazing how after 198 this novel is still so great, and we still have so much to learn about it. Now it was hilarious (at least for me) how Van was capable of guiding people to the Dark Demon Path in another planet altoguether, and the hint that he is influencing the Gods who have giving him his Divine Protection must be an importatn piece of iformation that we aren't fully seeing it now. By the wway that baby just got herself quite the unusual Fairy Godmother.

15. Marcwedmaster

Reading List:
    Link
    Meh-kun is an average kid That no-one understands Mom and Dad and Rikudo Always giving it commands~
    The doom and gloom Up in its room Is broken instantly By his magic little god Who grant their every wish 'Cause in reality...
    He is their godparent Death-mage godparent xD

16. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know it, and the fact that he has Elvelish blood means that he actually nails pretty well the Fairy part as well.

17. BlackPhoenix

BlackPhoenix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So all in all. Can someone tell me who the white figure that Van gave eyes and mouth to was. And the baby is probs narumi's daughter i guess. Add it to a spoiler tag for me if possible.

Much obliged. :cookie:

18. lordtalon

lordtalon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I still think the white figure is the Metamorph girl cause Rikudo broke her mind and used his own power to control her. Also for those looking for a connection to van here its the fact that she is a braver from the same earth even though she never seen him in origin. Its just her soul and she is basically like van was in origin where she cant control her own body but her mind is broken and she changed faces so many times she doesn't remember who she is so think about some of the ghost van has returned to somewhat sanity.

19. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When Van visited Earth, it's just as well that he didn't find out that this was broadcasting:

"Ready or not, I'm coming down!"

20. Katherine

Katherine EvangelineSatanaAnastasiaDewiMiyabiMelatiNefertari

Reading List:
    Link
    Video unavailable
    This video is not available.