LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. twinklecake

twinklecake Professional Freeloader

Reading List:
    Link
    Inb4 he just guided someone on Origin who will guide others onto his soul circle thing.

2. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Darquesse

Darquesse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think, (haven't read ahead) but the white figure might be a "newborn god that represents his previous life in origin, the Undead," similar to how there is now a goddess "Pluto" in origin. In which case, he might now control the origin god version of himself.

4. crazedreader

crazedreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I shall use my right as an MTL reader to certify this answer as a wrong answer.

5. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no need for MTL to know that.
    What do the people of origin know about the undead, only what pluto tould them and what they got from the news. how would that result in something like that.
    it would either be a nice person or something really scary.

6. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    ... i like how the manga flesh out Van's previous uncle as a complete motherfucking asshole... the novel did show how asshole he is, but to draw the chapter out... damn. Too bad Van isn't petty enough to try and hunt the sickening family down.

Iirc the uncle took all of Van's inheritence, bullied him like hell.

Speaking of bullying, anyone knows when the teacher confronts Van? I mean Asagi (as corrected by @Rayan2302) the self righteous bastard did, and sort of back off after knowing the power difference between him and Van, but still occasionally pester Van to quit using the Death Magic and seek the idiot god's forgiveness.

7. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    @Rayan2302 I tried to reply you but apparently, now I also lack the authority to reply you, just like how I lack the authority to get my wechat working.

Also, I made a mistake by not differentiating them, the Teacher is Murakami or something right?

8. Rayan2302

Rayan2302 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @0000000 Sorry I remove my post but you're right Murakami is the teacher.
    Asagi is a idiot with a strong sense of values that doesn't match with the one Van
    owns
    ,so calling him a bastard is a bit off.But still I won't deny that no one can like him.God curse you so let him do something to you...The best idea.

9. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I may be a little strong, because I am a Kouki hater, that does not mean I do not dislike Hajime, just that I kinda hate Kouki for being self centred about his own brand of justice and fucks the team up by accident. Hajime is another kind of fuck up, granted he is a bullied victim and nearly died, so I reserved a bit while judging the white hair punisher. I would still dislike Hajime even after all that because he strictly reminded me of xianxia MCs in all the bad way. If I must like anyone in the Arifureta world, it will probably be anyone who isn't Kouki or Hajime or The Idiot Demon Prince or The Retarded God or The Bullies. Since when does doing mangas and anime a bad thing?

I like the knight captain Mel. Who did not give up on Hajime and understands that Hajime is going through a difficult time. Shame he died. It is always the good ones that die first.

10. surai98

surai98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Errr.... what series are you talking about man? This is Death Mage.

12. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Arifureta, not Death Mage, just that Asagi reminded of the character Kouki too much.

13. crazedreader

crazedreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  14. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, I see what you were getting at now. Asagi and Hajime are 2 different people though, that's where the confusion was. Asagi's the fellow student with the strong sense of justice and who doesn't really think things through, Hajime was their teacher.

15. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I was making reference with how Asagi, like Kouki in Arifureta, has such strong sense of justice and from time to time, warping perspective as they seem fit. In the case of Kouki to Hajime in Arifureta, he told Hajime to walk off the bullying by others and man up, an opinion that isn't bad on its own, but taking into context that he is not talking to the bullies about it, it felt more like sarcasm. Then when Hajime start to edgelording, he blames Hajime for starting the war and killing "innocents", said innocent tried to enslave Kouki and co. with magic. For the record, the reason why the "innocent" gains an edge over them, Kouki refuse to kill... which at that time led to the fall of the team and showing how much a bleeding hypocrite he is. The author did try to save Kouki as a character by calling him naive.

As for the teacher Murakami, I don't know what is his first name, he reminds me of a typical bystander type teacher who refuse to help a bullied child when he sees one, he even see Van as a nuisance and in Lambda, he tries to kill him out of the fact that Van might block his path and straight up justify that Van cannot be reasoned with. Van sort of concluded he might need to kill Murakami on first sight knowing that he is a prick, which proven to be true as to how Murakami is spending his time plotting to kill Van immediately and move on with his own life.

16. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, Rodcorte is shameless, like that is new.

17. penguinleecher

penguinleecher Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Getting some heavy Warlock of the Magus World vibes from Vandalieu and Banda right now..

18. BlackPhoenix

BlackPhoenix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This side chapter is getting really interesting. Can't wait to see how things play out in Origin.:blobpopcorn:

But seeing Rod play the it's not my fault card was like not even.:facepalm: couldn't someone like call him out and just tell him: "you know what you are a stupid asshole and that what i want you to know"
    But damn things are getting very spicey.

Thnx for that chapter, can't wait for the next one.

19. ElefantVerd

ElefantVerd It's not me, and it's not you.

Reading List:
    Link
    Vandalieu is some kind of fungus. It produces spores and can reproduce by cutting parts...

20. Marcwedmaster

Marcwedmaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a weird yet accurate way to put it