Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey y’all, I come from the translation lcd. Does Van fight the hero who killed his mom and has the Amemiya guy migrated over yet?

Eddy andres and hillo315 like this.
  2. Zing

Zing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't it has a job changing room as well?

Yes to first, no to second.

Eddy andres, hillo315 and ssj4maiko like this.
  3. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    That would be pretty interesting to see their reaction, considering it was Valkyrie who suggested that and was considered "Revolutionary".
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DeathMage/comments/b9bx76/raw_summaries/

----------
    Well, here are a few ideas when trying to mix some of the characters around.

Katie seems to have a relatively famous name as a mage, now imagine that later on our famous peeping tom Alex wonders what are her abilities to achieve such title, and finds out that she is indeed quite advanced in magic and other skills (If we consider how others turned out, she should have something like Knife Technique to a good level), plus her Unique Skills, but then I wonder, would her other unique skills be seen? I know they all have a skill given by Rod to avoid it being seen by the Adventurer's card, but the Magic Eye of Great Appraisal is quite superior to that though.

Then I had an idea of seeing a Full Powered Great Demon King, the idea is simple, when Rokudou is reborn while hiding himself from Van, he ends up meeting Pauvina, this would be even better with Alex and/or Katie with her.
    Alex would see that he has no status, Katie would warn Pauvina that he is Rokudou, and Pauvina would transform immediately, as the only one capable of fighting against him, if Pauvina's party is there too, they would also remain behind her until Van arrives. Point is, Pauvina has ghosts that would immediately warn Van, the transformation equipment should protect her from DA, and she is superior to him in strength, but if Rokudou tries to break Pauvina's soul, I started to wonder what a full powered angry Van would do against such annoying enemy. Balor and Copy got away quite easy from his previous life compared to this.

Another thing that I would like to see is for Darcia to kick some reincarnator ass and send a message to Rodcorte and his allies, both as the Incarnation of Vida and as a mother, she will take on everyone trying to attack her son, and for him to be in wait that his time will eventually arrive.

I wonder how spread is his intelligence network in Orbaum already, there isn't much on that.

Bla8bla, Eddy andres and hillo315 like this.
  4. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    In the summaries, someone keeps getting called Mei. Is that the Pluto girl in the translation? Also, where are you guys reading the raw?

hillo315 likes this.
  5. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Obligatory montage of exactly what you are describing. :V

Yoshi is about a chapter or several away from translating Van versus Heinz.

Amemiya is still alive as of the latest raw.

She was named after Pluto. The latest translated chapter explains more.

http://ncode.syosetu.com/n1745ct/

6. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    雨宮冥 = Amemiya Mei (Chapter 316 has her status)
    冥 = Mei, however it's also used in many other things related to Dark/Nether, for example in Van's skills, or the Race created by Van. In Google Translation it usually ends up untranslated, or translated as Dark/Moth and stuff like that.

If by "pluto girl" you mean "Mini Pluto", which is one of her secondary names/titles, then yes.

In regards to reading the raw, the majority here reads using Google Translate directly from the source, the few that are in the Discord channel here have special raws with keywords replaced. I have my own dictionary for keyword replacement too.
    Since they are still work in progress, we don't share them outside discord, but you are welcome to join Light Novel Bastions's Discord Server and check the #spoilers channel.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    hillo315 likes this.
  7. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So then, how do I find LNB's discord server?

hillo315 likes this.
  8. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    If you read the translated chapters, you would expect it to be on their site.

On the Front Page there is a big Discord icon right below the Patreon link.
    And on every chapter there is a small discord icon at the bottom.

hillo315 likes this.
  9. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @ hillo315 I think that instead of sam, the real tardis of this series would be either vandel or Gufadgarn, one has about 11 small dimensions inside it (with training camps, schools and amusement parks) and another has access to a maze infinite with everything you can imagine (vandeliu / zakkart statues, portraits of vandeliu / zakkart and in a future photos and maybe videos), while in sam at most a neighborhood fits, its only advantage is that it can be easier between dimensions that vandeliu.

hillo315 likes this.
  10. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter's out!

Looks like dwarf girl is officially getting into the harem because of scandalous princess carries and hand holding in a dungeon! :blobcatblush: Van tries his best to hint to the enormity of his God emperor status, and even introduces dwarf girl to oniwaka Yuuma (did we know her adult name yet? I don't think we did), but it doesn't seem to really sink in till the end of the chapter were Zona looks at her status and sees a Van's divine protection sitting there. "Wait, Vandalieu-kun, you were a god!?" :blobfearful:

Also I am slightly shocked, shocked! to discover Oniwaka is red, I always pictured her skin as blue. :blobsweat:

Ah, and meanwhile in Rodcorte's divine realm, Rodcorte has made a major discovery after browsing Alex's memories of Van's status sheet: "I can't read any of this."

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  11. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Oniwaka is part of the Kijin race, you prob thought she was Majin like Godwin.

12. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    Randolph: "So are you two going to keep hugging like that, or...?"

Amusingly, Van's name wasn't censored at all this time.

Korleone, Eddy andres and Bla8bla like this.
  13. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So in this chapter we have a dwarf speaking a bit cutesy (lightly taught by her mother in the art of seduction) and an oni trying to talk posh. Whatever next.

Shame there was no real breakthrough talk between Randolph and Van but it seems like it's getting closer. Slowly building up to something.

At the end: Yuuma/Oniwaka blabs about the Demon Contient, much to Zohna's surprise. Van lightly chides Yuuma for this, saying she should have been warned about that.

Yuuma: ...Sorry. I forgot.
    Yuuma hangs her head down. But on the contrary, Zohna raises her head in surprise.
    Zohna: Did I just hear that I had gained "Vandalieu's Divine Protection"!? "Status"... it really is there. Vandalieu-kun, you're actually a god?

Vandalieu: Well, that escalated quickly.

(last line not necessarily translated accurately...)

14. Bakanogami

Bakanogami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last line is him complaining that the mosaics on his name aren't even bothering to appear anymore. Apparently Zona just *ping* got the blessing, instead of the gradual reveal others got.

Bla8bla and hillo315 like this.
  15. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know. It was a subtle joke on my part.

16. Zing

Zing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rodcorte got his eyes on Alex's eyes.
    Zohna got Van's divine protection? That was quick...

hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  17. hidefreek

hidefreek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The situation is quiet hilarious.
    Van give divine power to other directly and it will spread out in no time while Alda faction rebuild their army of demigods when he realise it will only make him do something reckless.
    I can imagine about cult as the same as Eight guidance spread across the kingdom, Van may reluctant at first but to increased his influence and kick the kingdom out of this holy war, He may do it....
    Nurza: Holy son, I will found statue academy to build your statue across the kingdom.!!!!
    Van:...........

Korleone, hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  18. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    In regards to Divine Blessings and Guidance, Densuke had mentioned before that it's harder to get them if you have no idea about it, as in, as much as Van trained them, because he never revealed much about him, the status would hardly appear.

Also I had an impression that Yuuma (We already knew her name before, yes) was white, tall and small bust (Now that I think about it, her Rank is C), but she was also 15yo, so I'm guessing she matured and ranked up.

One error is that Alex's party members were said to be Robin and Phinia, but from a previous chapter, it should be Annabel. Someone already noted it in the comments, but it will take time to answer that.

----------------------------

Rodcorte noticed the boy with the Magic Eye of Great Appraisal ability, and how he had the intention of check on Van, so he hastily checked his records, but he saw nothing different. It’s obvious, but because Rod doesn’t have access to the people from Vida’s race, there is a lack of info on Vandalieu, as such, since this one was from his side, this was urgent matters, nonetheless, only numbers of skills are known.

If Alex was a reincarnator, and his Unique Skill was something given by god, it could have been modified to be able to see at least partially. But it’s just a Unique Skill. If Rod… Other gods had paid attention to him and helped his growth, maybe there could have been results here, but Rod doesn’t care about humans other than the reincarnators and the Heroes, and other gods wouldn’t have noticed him because Alex seem not much religious even to Lambda standards. This pretty much saved Alex, since Van would have noticed the blessings from another god and devoured his soul. And no gods would help him now either, because they know that Vandalieu is a guider, it’s useless to expect something from someone that may soon move to the enemy side, specially after seein that even Randolph is being guided.

Nonetheless, Rod at least now knows the number of digits of Van’s attributes values, also Alda should not have noticed Telkatanis movements, and so Rod lost interest in Alex. This could be considered a great luck from the boy’s part.

------------------------

Randolph approached Van and Zohna. He asks Van if he shouldn’t have done something about himself, but Van wonders what he is talking about and just replies that the one in trouble if anything is revealed would be Alex, but Randolph reminds him of the “Magic Eye that counters Magic Eyes”. Van understands what he means, but although it would be better to be kept a secret, he doesn’t really care, because it’s a useless skill if there are no Magic Eyes around.

Of course, Van has many enemies, especially from Alda’s forces, but he is not expecting anything big even if they arrive with a Magic Eye skill (plus they should have some idea already), so if anything does come by, it will be more of a bonus for him.

So Randolph changes the subject and asks if he has a friend who is a Space Attribute-mage. Van and Gufa’s shoulder tremble at the moment, he says he has a friend like that. Randolph warns him that he will have to deduct points if someone outside school, or if he is not a slave or a subordinate monster joins helps him in any way, and he left it only at that, usually he would need to pursue it more, but he doesn’t know what will happen if he pokes that bush, besides, this mage didn’t appear since anymore in the training.

Lastly, he asks how much they will be hugging each other. Van is still carrying Zohna, not only that, Zohna is closer to Van than before, and both are arms are hugging Van’s neck. Zohna gives the excuse that she still can’t walk after what he did (Technically it’s Randolph’s fault after all), he seems to not believe in her, he notices her boldness, but asks her to moderate herself and keep it for after school at least. Although there are no rules prohibiting relationships in the Hero’s School, to Randolph it would be a problem in their training if they keep it at that.

Zohna decides that she needs to get off, but Van thinks it’s fine like this, it’s not safe yet. Randolph guesses that there is indeed no danger in this dungeon for him, but Alex will take some time to recover, but Van reminds him of his other 2 party members, so Randolph leaves it at that.

Randolph then calls Zohna, telling her that her decision was correct, she is surprised wondering if he guessed that he knew that she was trying to seduce Van, but he tells her that the decision to do something besides using only Eisen’s fruit was correct. It’s not good to always rely on a single party member, because they may not be available in another party.

Although the school encourages the creation of Parties, and many of those parties still remain after graduation, there are still dissolved parties, or party members may just end up changed, as such it’s important not to be dependent.

Of course he doesn’t mean for her to do all the work alone either, but she is a student, that’s why she should look for that, otherwise they would have subtracted points from just relying on Eisen. Van compliments his Senpai, and Zohna seems embarrassed, and although shy, replies that she is a senpai, so that’s expected.

But in reality, Randolph appreciates her much more than that, because thanks to her, Alex had an opportunity to do what he did, and things were able to be settled in a peaceful way. If it was in another situation, he may not have found it out, nor other teachers would, and Alex could have end up disposed secretly, especially with the help of a Space Attribute Mage. So Randolph wanted to thank Zohna for this much better result, besides he also learned that they worked as a break to Van much better than he had expected.

Randolph then says that he will meet with Robin and Phinea (Annabel?) to where they can meet with Alex. He also declares that he has no idea about the agreement, he didn’t see anything, he wasn’t there, and that’s it. And he runs away to meet with the party members, leaving Van and Zohna alone.

And Zohna doesn’t waste time and asks if Van has a fiance or a lover. His reply is simply that they have not been officialized yet, from that Zohna can only guess he means Eisen, Eleonora and Zadiris. She remembers how he treats them and can already guess, but if it’s something of that extent, it’s not something that would stop her. If she can’t be a real wife, she can just be the mistress then.

Zohna lived a complex life, daughter of a prostitute with a noble, her mother was married to a servant of her father, she was adopted by her biological father. But Zohna doesn’t see a problem with that, she knew it would be impossible for her mother to be declared as a wife when he already had one, so it’s better being like that than just being thrown away, she may not be treated as the real one, but it’s still good nonetheless, and her mother also got a much better opportunity in life thanks to that, and the servant she was married with gains a higher salary than the other servants… She does find her father a little disgusting from using her after finding out that she could be useful though.

As such, she thinks her mother did well, even if she doesn’t even get to be a concubine, being a mistress is not bad. Although she does understand that if her rivals were just students, she could still aim for wife…. But she can’t win against those people. So, giving up on that idea, Zohna approaches Van’s ear, telling him that she doesn’t have a lover nor a fiance, but it’s not good for this unmarried noble daughter to be doing something like this with someone from the opposite sex.

From that, Van suddenly froze. Zohna adds that she was already seen by Alex and Sensei, they may misunderstand the situation. Indeed, royalty has a strange obsession with chastity, there is no problem doing anything after marriage, but they are strict on cheating before marriage, and as she says, if such rumors were to go on like that, she could have problems in the future, her family could also fight with her (Vandalieu thought).

Meanwhile all around him Princess Levia is excited upon the prospect of a Forbidden Love, it’s like she is watching a drama, Darock shouts that they should go back and seal the mouth of those 2 kids. Gufardgarn is just waiting for the decision of the Great Vandalieu. Meanwhile Van is having a meeting with Countless Vans inside his mind deciding what to do.

Zohna then adds that, if it’s with Vandalieu-kun, she doesn’t mind the misunderstanding, but from these words, he checks on her intentions, however it seems to be about taking responsibility if there is such a misunderstanding. If someone else was around, they would most likely tell him “If it’s just one more, isn’t it fine?”

“Zohna-senpai, as you know, I (in Orbaum Kingdom) have multiple informal fiancees”
    “Un”
    “There are many more than those you know”
    “U-Un? Do you mean the subordinate monsters that you got over in Alcrem Duchy?”
    “No, besides those there are many more”

In particular those in his Inner Body World, on the Silky Zakkart Mansion, on Vidal Empire, and Princess Levia that is looking at them from behind her. Zohna-chan was surprised that there would be so many, but if it’s just that… Even if it’s 10 or 20, she had already resigned into being a mistress, but he is still full of mysteries, she should feel surprised upon learning that he seems to already have so many proposals. But she is not.

Van also warns her that he is a Mothercon, but Zohna already knew that (Seems like it’s indeed spread in human society already!?), and is fine if it’s just that, apparently her mother has already warned her that it’s better not to get close with those types if you treat the mother as an opponent, so you have to stop or the “Mothercon type” will dislike you. Van is confused, since it’s like a Guest of Honor, but Zohna tells him not to mind, and asks him if there is more about him. His reply is that there is, but he can’t say, plus it’s a situation that she wouldn’t be able to even imagine now.

What Van means is about being a Guider, being an Emperor and having a territory slightly larger than the Orbaum Kingdom. Then about fighting Gods and having a Son that is bigger than a castle. Nonetheless, Van warns her that she should postpone her decision until she learns the truth, but he will take responsibility in any decision. Of course, Zohna doesn’t seem betrayed by that, even if she were to be ignored, she would just make a formal request to Duke Alcrem, she would do it.

She understands he won’t talk about that now, so she accepts, but what does he plan to do about Mact and the others? Van seems surprised, wondering if Mact-senpai and the others would ask the same. Noticing the confusion, Zohna denies with strength (Nonono, that’s not it! That’s certainly not it!), she meant about the ingredients, nonetheless, she should let her off, they have to work now.

And so both spend about 30 minutes alone hunting, they also talked about her and the others circumstances (most likely about the noble requests) and also what she knew about Elizabeth’s circumstances. Then cooking was finished in the remaining hour, and they got the best results, plus, because Towa results do not count to Alex, and he wasn’t doing anything during his practice, they had deducted points falling to second from the bottom of the results. This deduction is not related to the incident that Dandolip confirmed “Didn’t happen”, but because Alex wasn’t able to recover later on, he indeed did nothing.

Mact’s trio celebrates their victory directly to Zohna, who is shy accepting that “y-yeah”. Elizabeth is surprised that they wanted to win against Alex so much, but Maheria wonders if they are actually missing something that they don’t know of. Mact is indeed also praising Zohna for successfully seducing Van (?), but Elizabeth didn’t know that.

And after that, Van told them in secret about Alex’s Magic Eye, and also about the signed contract. To Mact’s trio however, “A Magic Eye that reflects Magic Eye”, isn’t that much rarer that the Great Appraisal, Van tells him that it’s meaningless if there is no other Magic Eye. Seems like the trio got caught on his skill rather than Alex… In Particular Mact and Jozéf are looking at his mismatched eyes with curiosity.

“That’s not it, you guys don’t care!? That Alex, wasn’t he looking at our status nanoyo!? And even then he still refused my invitations noyo!? He was underestimating me noyo!”

Elizabeth was furious, but the others were calm, after all, they recognized that they had no Unique Skills, another agrees that their status from before Van’s training, even them… The final one said that before he would most likely be pissed by a commoner thinking little of him, but lately he kinda doesn’t really care about that anymore, as ability and nobility are unrelated after all.

Their Spear and Shield techniques were at level 3 and finally reached level 4, they have been maturing more than they have been aware. Elizabeth had to accept that well, she also didn’t have a Unique Skill, but Van agrees that it’s natural for her to be angry. Puzzled by their maturity, Elizabeth forgot her anger until Vandalieu reasons with her. Although he told Alex he doesn’t care about him and feels no hostility, he won’t mind instigating it if it’s to motivate them to improve.

Van tells everyone this was only one victory, but from now on, they must strive for more victories. Zohna adds on that even if they don’t have Unique Skills, she won’t accept being looked down like that. Elizabeth was surprised by her enthusiasm, but agreed, and with her fists to the sky, declares that they shall exceed their grades and continue winning against Alex!

---------------------

After school, Van took Zohna to outside the town, although he can’t tell her all his secrets, he decided to show her at least one of them. With some broken speech, Oniwa- Yuuma, as if she is faking something that is not natural.

Yuuma is tall, even for a tall female she would be considered tall. She has thick eyebrows, overall no other special facial features, which still intensifies her natural attractiveness. She wears unusual clothes, and you can clearly see the silhouette of her body from it, there is also skin shown through gaps of her clothes. From the incredible curves between the chest and butt, her neck and arms are properly trained without losing the balance in her beauty, and her thighs are like flexible steel bundles, clearly the body of a warrior. There are also 2 horns on her head, while her skin is glossy, although it’s red.

Zohna was able to ask in a normal voice if she is of the Majin race, her reply came with an awkward smile, and with a slightly broken tone, and being as formal as possible, she replies that she is equal to one of the Majin race, but she is actually from the Kijin race. Van told Yuuma not to force herself.

“Are you really suRE, Danna-sama?”
    “I’m very sure”
    “... And later, you won’t tell my mOM?”
    “I will not. Zohna-senpai won’t do either.”
    “I won’t! I won’t ever do it!”

And after confirming that, Yuuma just sighed in relief, as her shoulders dropped. She finally relaxes and tells how after studying abroad her mother forced her to practice manners, and if she tried to escape she would slap her butt, the others who are also practicing with her and were able to escape were later caught up by her and slapped. Her father was also beaten up by her. It was really hard! Van could remark that it was really a spartan training. She says that she will give more details about her studying abroad and the nation later.

After Yura, Yuuma’s mother, sent her to study abroad in the Dark Continent she expected her to come back as more of an adult, but while her daughter becomes stronger, her behavior was still very childish, so she decided to go beyond reasonable ways to teach her manners. Her behavior now was only weird for those that knew her from before, otherwise, it felt very proper. Although she said that, she told Van that she learned both Singing and Dancing from Kanako in the Demon Continent, she was even entrusted with a Solo Part, she should be able to perform in the feasts of this nation without any shame, but Zohna feels surprised upon hearing about the Demon Continent.

Van tells Yuuma that they should register in the Tamer’s Guild, and later he will tell her what she can and can’t say, words like the Demon Continent. Yuuma apologizes that it slipped out of her mouth. While Yuuma faced down, Zohna’s face lifted up as if in surprise.

“Just now, I got “Vandalieu’s Divine Protection”, did you hear it!? “Status”... It’s really there. Vandalieu-kun, were you a god?”
    “... So the censored characters have finally stopped apeparing huh.” (I’m unsure of the proper translation here, but it feels like it’s related to this.)

-----
    Her Allure and Seduction skills are the result of her mother’s education.

-------

So, Zohna-chan is almost a waifu now, almost confirmed, but as explained in the talks below, now that she knows that Van seems to be overwhelming, she got his Divine Protection. This also means that Alex will be able to observe her growth eventually.

One think that I considered is how she is aiming towards the mistress position simply because she doesn’t think of herself as superior to the other ladies, but it doesn’t seem like she would give up if that was not the case. She knows that Van likes muscles, and not only from Oniwaka, but as an Ax User, I’m expecting her to feel special admiration towards Basdia.

It would be fun to see Basdia teaching others her way of life, it would be even more interesting if she got a Queen Guider out of that.

Meanwhile, the rest of the party seems pissed and motivated, I’m expecting a lot of growth from now on.

Van also knows about Zohna and Mact’s trio situation, so I’m expecting something to be done in that regard for their own protection (maybe visiting his house?), although his knowledge on Elizabeth should still be limited as she has been hiding her circumstances from everyone.

Next chapter will be released in 5 days, meaning most likely that Densuke must be busy with IRL stuff, but I wonder, this happened at the end of Arc 12, when Vol 5 was being written. Could it be? :D
    It’s already almost 8 months since then, next volume shouldn’t be far away.

Edit: Oh yeah, also Levia is confirmed Waifu now.

Edit 2: Thanks Kari for the explanations over my doubts and offering some better translations.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  19. hillo315

Reading List:
    Link
    So just by revealing information about himself, he unlocked the divine protection? Talk about glamour failure.

Eddy andres and Bla8bla like this.
  20. ssj4maiko

Reading List:
    Link
    More like, you could say all of them could have already gotten the skills, but because they know nothing and don't have any sort of interest in Van, they can't get it, but the moment they find out the truth, all that comes straight.

As another opposite example, we have Carlos, the former hero chosen by Rubicante, he got Van's after a dream, but only a single character was revealed of the name. This means that while he had interest in Van after he learned about music and so on, he didn't spend much time with him nonetheless.

Another example would be Vida's Blessings to Van, he didn't get them, they were just now shown on the status. Same for Jobs, once Van understood his poltergeists as Golems, he got Golem related jobs.