Spoiler The Male Lead’s Villainess Fiancée

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lazynoodles, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh you guys will be hating on Professor Lassen even more than the heroine (it is later implied that Prof Lassen slapped the Heroine for not getting the top position for the exam). Her house has history of sponsoring the school and providing scholarships to students for a long while (which is currently the heroine) to keep their prestige in the noble society showing how they sponsor top quality people who end up working for them in an under the table way. Apparently her house does unfair things to ensure the sponsored student stays at the top spot and since Louise is in the way, she gets into a pretty bad situation later during an exam. (If I'm not mistaken Prof Hill was one of those sponsored students and regrets every bit of how he got to where he is since other than botany he sucked at other subjects in the academy)

Before the exam, Ian invited Louise to attend his birthday party held in the palace. Louise said it would be impossible for her to attend but Ian said she was selected to be the representative for the academy. Even though the party is on the evening on the last day of her exam she agrees to go since her exam finishes before afternoon. The last day for her exam, she saw the heroine looking pale and sickly, volunteered to run to the infirmary to find meds for her. She came back just right as the exam is about to start so she couldn't sit at her usual spot and ended up behind the heroine.

So exam's running, Louise is answering her paper, right when Prof Lassen is walking down her lane (who is 1 of the 2 exam proctors in the room) Louise notices a piece of paper on the floor with words that seem to be notes for the exam questions behind the Heroine's chair on the ground. She steps on it and tries to drag it away from the Heroine's seat in hopes that the Heroine doesn't get implicated and of course, Prof Lassen caught her and accused her of cheating. She admits how she found the paper but when questioned, the heroine doesn't even bother to look behind and just says she knows nothing then continues answering her paper.

In this situation the other exam proctor does nothing to intervene and everyone in the room just looks at Louise and believes Prof Lassen, whispering how Louise must've cheated her way to the top this whole time. Prof Lassen tries to confiscate Louise's bag but Louise doesn't let her since Ian's birthday present (a letter she wrote to him) is inside. It ends with her bag falling on the floor soaked in ink that spilled in the tug of war and the Prof saying she destroyed the evidence. Also this bish slapped her! :blobpoliceangry::blobcurse::blobspearpeek: (I think she got physical with Louise using a cane? in another chapter too, when she was trying to clear herself of the accusation)

She didn't manage to make it to the party since Prof Lassen confined her to the counselling room telling her to wait for her return since excuses excuses, and brought Heroine to the party. Of course Louise didn't realize the Prof ditched her until a janitor came in yelling at her for staying on campus after school hours. Louise just apologized to the janitor and returned to the dorms. It gets kinda sad yet fluffy here since Ian sneaked out of his party to come back and find Louise.

Louise ends up sitting on Ian on the floor behind her room door as they rushed into her room when they heard people searching for Ian. She ends up crying on his clothes when she has never cried in front of Ian before, she's only ever cried in front of Simon. Louise was really heartbroken since no one believed her innocence and Ian comforts her by telling her he'll always believe her. Btw he kissed her after that, its in chapter 32 on naver for any of you perverts who wanna see the illustration :blobsmirk:

Also, don't ask me what she wrote in her letter, I'd rather you just go mtl it yourself (also c32) or wait for the translation since I guarantee to be butchering it without getting the nuance the conversation gives. It gets kinda sweet though, their relationship seems like its going somewhere, since he seems to be trying more explicitly after this. Ooh and Claire for MVP since she got so mad she threw a desk when she heard others gossiping about Louise :blobjoy:

Zepelim, Emma626, Korleone and 44 others like this.
  2. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did that prof and b**ch heroine ever get humiliated by the prince since they harmed mc

3. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmm no, and I don't think the heroine intentionally went out of her way to do that to Louise, it seemed more like she was the one who was cheating and let Louise take the fall for her slip up. Like Julveury said, she's just jealous of Louise. I also get the feeling she's just really pressured from Prof Lassen about her sponsorship. Prof Lassen on the other hand, did get put in her place. But from someone you probably wont expect- Prof Hewitt. He was asked by Louise (who got a hint from Ian) to be her guardian and he managed to enter the room right when Prof Lassen was hitting Louise with the cane(?). Though honestly when I was mtling this part I couldn't make sense of most of their conversation but I got that Hewitt managed to shut Lassen up and came out victorious from their argument on Louise's innocence.

Emma626, Korleone, Xi-hime and 26 others like this.
  4. Julveury

Julveury Tea Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    When I read this part in MTL, I had to avoid reading the novel for a while. I really hate Lassen. She's a true elitist. Also on a side note, StuCo members really care for Louise plus Claire is the best girlfriend.

Emma626, Xi-hime, Nefroza and 10 others like this.
  5. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
    *nods* Agreed. I find it sad that Claire is stuck in an engagement she doesn't seem enthusiastic about (she's getting married after graduating) and poor Dean cant/wont do anything about his childhood love being married off :blobsad:

Xi-hime, Nefroza, yukihibari and 8 others like this.
  6. Eers

Eers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    other than getting the upperhand during louse's cheating arguement did the Prof ever get the smackdown later in the novel? also how did louise's cheating thing get resolved? is she still the top scorer etc?

Nefroza likes this.
  7. Irie

Irie Internet Bystander

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm actually not up to date on the latest raw chapter (there's been 5 chapters out since I last mtled, and I can't bring myself to go through grammar hell again so soon) so I can't say for sure about Lassen getting her well deserved smackdown, but probably not yet.

Louise's cheating thing got resolved in that argument Hewitt had with Lassen actually, I just couldn't comprehend the mtl much. If I understood it right, it had something to do with how Lassen was abusing her authority so Hewitt threatened to do a proper investigation or smth so Lassen chickened out.

Yes she managed to stay the top scorer, she submitted reports for subjects that she wasn't sure if she could score highly/perfectly(?) for the exam including the one she couldn't finish. I guess it's like extra credit? It was mentioned that students who had subjects that were in danger of failing had to submit them.

Korleone, Xi-hime, Nefroza and 16 others like this.
  8. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    As terrible as it may sound. I kinda sympathize for the heroine. Not for the throwing someone under the bus for her bull, but on the cheating thing. Especially, when your under serious pressure to score outrageously high.

On another note. I feel bad for both Louise and Ian. Louise is terrified if she fell for him what it could mean for her future, and the dumb Prince who can't figure out his feelings. From what I read its like he kinda doesn't want to acknowledge his feelings for her? Like a strange sort of denial.

9. HappySheep00

HappySheep00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry, who was prof Hewitt again?

Mikaa likes this.
  10. haqpiness

haqpiness Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The history teacher

lyann, Xi-hime, syofiaa and 1 other person like this.
  11. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok... I see that the Heroine wasn't at all under pressure. More like she just expected to always be special. All throughout her life she thought that she was and worked really hard at it. Then Louise comes along with her rich family, and all the advantages in the world to succeed. While Heroine's family is just wracking up debts. I guess the point I'm making is that the Heroine is not truly evil, but more like she is spiraling into frustration. In a way making her take on the villainess role. Though, unlike the original story she is not interposing in the main couple. I think what would make me hate the Heroine is that she felt entitled to the love of the ML.

12. haqpiness

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, professor Lassen already told her that the future queen should be noble, so they already aim for the spot. You can start hating her ( I still hope that she will choose the right path).

lyann, Xi-hime, Mi shiru and 6 others like this.
  13. haqpiness

Reading List:
    Link
    Even though I knew this will happen from the spoilers, it still made me mad. I'm starting to hate the heroine! Can someone spoil me if she will try to get close to the price at the ball?

Nefroza, ma_lavander, Mikaa and 2 others like this.
  14. lazynoodles

Reading List:
    Link
    This makes feel ok with hating the Professor, but not the heroine. Well, not yet anyway. I just hope the sense of entitlement goes to the heroine-chan's head...

Korleone, yukihibari and Lovina like this.
  15. immortaltear

immortaltear Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate both.

Mandyj, Rin Lee and haqpiness like this.
  16. maylinlattmoe

maylinlattmoe Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And i think this convo happened after they kissed?

yukihibari likes this.
  17. haqpiness

Reading List:
    Link
    This already happened, MC decorated with flowers the place but couldn't attend it.

Rokai and maylinlattmoe like this.
  18. Julveury

Julveury Tea Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    That post of mine was pretty old already. Most parts spoiled here has already been translated. TL is fast and ways ahead now.

19. weirdreader

weirdreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, since the ML sneaks out of the ball to console the MC.

haqpiness and Lovina like this.
  20. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont really get why I read these anymore. They fall into the same tropes they make fun of. The heroine and villaness switch titles and it becomes a typical shoujo.

Protag halo is real