Spoiler Latest Chapter Discussion Thread for Death Mage Raws

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by FussyBadger, Nov 25, 2017.

1. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They can both be blue! :blobupset:
    Also apparently red, black, white, and purple. :blobawkward: Which makes sense I suppose, the Japanese demons the Kijin are based on (Oni) traditionally and in most modern renditions come in red and blue varieties among others, just like the more western demons Majin are based on (thus the wings, tails, princess knight succubus, etc.):

[​IMG]

Rodcorte, being Rodcorte, has completely forgotten Alex existed. (Thank goodness for Alex) Too dangerous to give his divine protection to Alex because Van's already got Alex under observation, and can eat his soul, and who knows if or when Van or Kanako could guide Alex, or how long it'll take Alex to get to the point he could see Van's full status (or any of it for that manner). Also appraisal eyes aren't that special to Rodcorte since he can, you know, just give people custom cheat skills with his authority over souls.

This was also slightly strange. What does Van mean she *should* have been warned? If Van wasn't warning her to not talk about stuff like that if she wanted to join Van's project to get Orbaume used to all sorts of Vida races, then who was? :blobunsure:

Chezare: "The first rule of the demon continent is you do not talk about the demon continent. The second rule of the demon continent is you DO NOT talk about the demon continent."
    Yuuma: *Pays no attention as she's too absorbed in improving her muscles*

I'd also posit the reason Van's full name showed up straight away for Zohna is because she already thought Van was someone extremely powerful, so it wasn't as big of a jump to go from "Godly" to "God". If you can't even comprehend the idea of a mortal giving divine protections, of course you're going to have cognition issues, especially if you're intimately familiar with Van (thus the reason a lot of the earliest allies who got Van's divine protection saw his name all garbled, they knew he was a mortal). As the status system deals with the soul, just like the gods themselves, a lot of its elements are dependent on the cognition of both yourself and others. :blobdizzy:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  2. Zing

Zing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If Rodcorte knows something, we can bet that Rokudou will also know it, at some point. Rokudou might find eyes of appraisal quite convenient.

Eddy andres, hillo315 and Bla8bla like this.
  3. Shadowsiver88

Shadowsiver88 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wait is Yuuma/Oniwaka a marriage partner now? That's what he was showing Zohna right?

Eddy andres and hillo315 like this.
  4. RichardNova

RichardNova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    HA! I KNEW IT :blobphone:!!!
    ---------------------------------------

About Van Divine Protection, i forget to write a hipotese on my last post.

Van up until a while ago wasn't a true God (Even after his race change after his mother ressurection he was just HALF, not FULL GOD[dess]) such a thing do bugs the status system.

But after the events in Origin when he descended uppon the world, a "Van god" like Pluto god of origin was born and his ROOT skill linked/fusioned Van to Van god of origin just like his copy in Alda trial dungeon, but far more efficient.

Due to all of this, since Van, too, is God of Origin his unique skill "God Of Origin DIVINE PROTECTION" was changed to "GOD OF ORIGIN" as everyone could see some chapters ago.

Now that Van is a "properly" a full god the status system shouldn't be bugged anymore and his divine protection is fully shown the very moment it's acquired. :blob_coffee:

The [fun] problem now is regarding Carlos and the party "iron rock (or something like that) ". Van isn't in Mosky Town know so they're very likely pannicking but keeping they own mounths shut up to others that not themselves until they manage do get in touch personally with Van. Are they going to pay a visit to him in Ourbaum? Possible.

Its not strange that those who do know Van secrets like Alckerm 5 knights, Heart Warriors etc already have Van DV Full name displayed before or, if not, they haven't felt any incongruence after his godhood in Origin because they do know van's full name is displayed over time and no one would have paid any deep attention to it.

Van acquiring this information about his DV and worry if the same could have happened to Carlos and Iron Rock Party, or just receive a visit from them by surprise and be [respectfully] inquired about it would be fun LOL

------ ---------- ------------- ------

As for why Van doesn't actively lv up and do more job changes it is mostly likely because it would rise suspicion about how he made a job change so soon while in school and if the nobles caught the wind of many job changes in small amount of time things may escalate quickly in a unfavorable direction.

The best solutions avaiable i can think of would be two:
    1 - Past a reasonable amount of time do a new job change when liza party become ready to do it as well

2 - After graduation everyone or just Van [+Familiars] and Heart warriors could go to the one of B class dungeons in Orbaum aiming to "clear the dungeon".

They would spend a avarege amount of time, not so long or a long time inside the dungeon while everyone in talosheim and Dark Continent would actively hunt monsters in dungeons and all places possible together with DK familiars.

[If Van wishes, he can let a dummy dk familiar with Heart warriors in Ourbaum dungeon and freely teleport in any place of the Dark Continent to polish his skill fighting against sub gods monsters oponents (rank 13+) or mock battles with the Gods or Ancient majins there]

This way Van would be able to do several job changes including incovenient or dangerous sounding ones (like death atribute related or jobs like his Demon king, demiurges, Destroction Guider etc...) and before he gets back to Orbaum a last job change to mask everything like his transformation device craftingman-like job.

The process to cover Van multiple job changes can be repeated in all B class dungeons around Ourbaum and even the A class one over there (going together with his mother and almost everyone in this one, oooowwwwwnnnnnnmn *-*:blobmelt::bloblove::blobnosebleed:)

If people still get suspicious to his many job changes (like, clearing 5 dungeons and still doing 5 job changes so early at his age) he may decide to reveal that he "just received VIDA divine protection after his graduation in school" causing a delicious blown against Vida Harmonic and Alda H. temples and more reconagtion and Fans from the masses.:blobhero:
    If anyone asks him about Familiar Descent skill he can just say he doesn't have it, probabily due to his age.
    [By the way, i think there was some talk about van not having F. Descent skill before in the novel mtl, was the cause really his age or the same reason of be unable to receive power (divine protection) of those weaker (less mana pool) than him since a angel only posses 100k mana?:hmm::blobconfused:

Should he also say he has received Botin Divine Protection? Since She is as well the Goddess of Craftsman it would be natural for him gain it due to the arquivement of his protesis and transformation devices.

The fact he is a Damphir could be taken as Botin also supporting and acknowleging Vida's races, even Vida Fundamentalism as well!:blobparty::aww::blobhighfive:

I intended to write more, but this post is already beyond big than i planned so i will make other post later:blobsweat_2:

Bye bye :cookie::blobok::blobphone:

5. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My impression/theory was that people are getting his full DV protection right off now because now, unlike before, he actually IS a full god since he became a god of Origin. This IS the first divine protection he has granted since those events after all, and also the first to give the full name immediately. This theory will be confirmed if all the people who receive it start receiving the full thing at once now.

Chuuni001 and hillo315 like this.
  6. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The nuance of "should" here could include "you should definitely have known since I personally warned you about this just recently" and also "I believe that others should have warned you about this when you were being briefed on the situation" and also "you should have remembered about this since I gave standing orders on it previously". It's not clear which of these is appropriate here. Note that Van tends to use indirect expressions rather than direct statements to avoid being overly confrontational. So it's more like he's gently chiding Yuuma for her mistake rather than bluntly criticising her.

7. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    It's done: https://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/5135182/

Well, they were still in that position, but she did ask him to drop her off before arriving at the rest of the group.
    No. His "race change" upon Darcia's revival was just reflecting who his mother is, this did not change anything in his biology or whatever.
    And although Demi-Gods should not get any support from the System, Van is the sole exception due to his "demi-god" skill.

I would argue about God of Origin being related because they are 2 different worlds, and being a god of another world shouldn't mean much in another world, but considering that Van has 2 foreign gods blessings, and Legion also has Origin's...

Do not forget that although he himself is not there, at least Basdia and Magisa should still be there.
    Considering the amount of Digits, I'm expecting Rod to warn Rokudou to lay low upon his revival, as much strong as he could be, Rod needs to ensure that Rokudou will defeat not only Van, but all of the Vidal Empire.

Bla8bla and hillo315 like this.
  8. RichardNova

RichardNova Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As long van is destroyed or sealed by rodcorte after been killed its not going to be a problem if rokudou gets destroyed in the process or defeated by Alda forces (5 colored blades and Gods) before killing everyone in Vidal Empire.

Without Van Alda could still manage to genocide everyone there, throught it would still be a hard war the other reincarnators would not fear go down and fight together with Alda forces to eliminate all the habitants of Vidal empire and get a reward of fourth,5 th, 6th... new fortunate lives with or not their memories intact since they souls won't be broken/eaten and they could resusrect x number of times thanks to Rod

Not to mention that as long as Guduranis doesn't get discovered he can aim for the best moment when one side of the forces is defeated and other one is exausted with guard down to get back most of his body and soul back as well as killing and destroy Heinz and Bellwood souls all in one swift move.

The Chaos would begin again and Guduranis could win this time:blobfearful:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
    NekoMK2, Eddy andres and hillo315 like this.
  9. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Zohna:
    [​IMG]
    Van: Whoops. Here we go again.
    Levia: I am actually more than okay with this development. :blobpopcorn_cool:

Vangers, assemble!

Now I'm just imagining a shadowy council of adorable miniVans running around in his head.

Bla8bla, NekoMK2, Eddy andres and 2 others like this.
  10. LokiTheAccursed

LokiTheAccursed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am imagining something like in the Bakarina manga.
    24 (2).jpg

NekoMK2, hillo315 and Eddy andres like this.
  11. FussyBadger

FussyBadger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If it makes you feel better I got it right away

hillo315 and kari-no-sugata like this.
  12. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    Just to add a bit more context/explanation about "break" here. The Japanese used is ブレーキ役, literally "break role", ie the person who has the role of applying the breaks. When applied to a person, if you say that they have no breaks or their breaks are broken then their rationality is broken (ie they don't hesitate to do crazy or extreme things). So Zohna simply being there acts as a passive natural break on Van's actions, or so Randolph believes. If Zohna was actively stopping Van then she'd be described as a "stopper".

整った顔立ち doesn't really translate into English nicely. It basically means to have a "well ordered face", "regular facial features" etc. More properly, it means to have symmetrical features (naturally considered more attractive) and the relative sizes of all the facial features are also naturally attractive (meet the golden ratio). ie no individual feature on their face stands out more than the other and there is a natural beauty/attractiveness to the face.

A somewhat literal translation would be: ...So the censored characters have finally stopped activating huh.

And yes I'm sure "censored characters" refers to the X characters in "vXXdaXXu's divine protection"

Some random thoughts: I wonder if the next chapter will continue Zohna's introduction to the wonderful world of Van... or if we'll skip past that. While it wouldn't necessarily advance the plot much it would be interesting to see the perspective of a relatively ordinary person and might give some insight into how others might view Van (though Zohna is hardly neutral anymore).

13. kari-no-sugata

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm glad someone gets the jokes my tired brain makes at 4am :blobhighfive:

hillo315 likes this.
  14. Reman Scimitar

Reman Scimitar Princess Zadiris Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    Had a bit of an abstract thought earlier about the Gods of Origin and Alda.

We all know Van at this point is basically a God of both Lambda and Origin, and with Alda being the "God of Law and Fate" and a human supremacist, wouldn't the God(s) of Law from Origin be able to counter Alda's abilities by chance since they're tied to Van through Origin God Van?

Like stated, only an abstract thought and wanted to share.

15. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hillo315 likes this.
  16. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Given the general competency of Alda's follower gods, I do half expect one of them to give Alex a divine protection.

As for the idea that Alda could slaughter the Vidal empire at this point? Zero chance. Even if he did kill Van, which he can't, he'd still be up against every other great god including gods likes Gufadgarn that have reached that status. We already have a religious crisis going on among the people with Zuruwarn, Ricklent and now Botin, did Peria do it too? telling their followers that they aren't on Alda's side. Once it becomes common knowledge that Farmaun is also on Vida's side, that will just throw stuff even more into chaos for Alda's faction. Then there's Bellwood, who doesn't want to do anything anymore. Alda has no one but Rodcorte on his side and Rodcorte is already basically planning on cutting Lambda and him off once Van and the Vidal Empire are gone. Regardless of how things go, Alda loses.

Bla8bla, Eddy andres, NekoMK2 and 2 others like this.
  17. LordZero25

LordZero25 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From the TLed only thread here.

I can't wait for van to replace Rodcorte and become the god of death and reincarnation. This much is pretty obvious.

hillo315 and Zing like this.
  18. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Welcome Back Sadpanda!

Reading List:
    Link
    So you wish to kill Van (So he can become a God) and have him kill Vida since she is a god with a Reincarnation System.

I would ask why do you think Van is a bloody traitor to see it as obvious, but I prefer to not waste my time under such ridiculous affirmation by someone that has not kept up with the story.

hillo315 likes this.
  19. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait... Legion has Van's divine protection, and also has the divine protection of the god of Origin, but Van IS the god of origin now, so does this mean Legion has Van's divine protection twice?

I don't know if it's funny or disturbing that of all of Van's possible theme songs, this may be the most scarily fitting for him right at this moment.

Be prepared for Alda to look like a villain even to his own believers coming up here shortly. He's being put in a corner now and will get desperate, it is at times like these that people start going absolutely insane and doing things they would not normally do. This will be the time that the same violent impulses that made him decalair war on Vida in the first place will surface again in the worst possible way, and even his own idiotic subordinate gods might have to start questioning him.

To be fair, I believe he was talking about Van replacing Rodcorte and being the inter-world god of reincarnation. Vida can still have her system. There is also a stronger connection between death and reincarnation than there is for life, but a complete circle of the three would be even better. So, if he becomes an equal partner god to Vida in governing reincarnation, they will have the complete circle between the two of them. Since he's also Zaccart's reincarnation, Vida might apply to be another one of his wives and the male-female life-death-reincarnation circle would have a lot of symbolic power to it, it might even boost their ability to run the thing.

20. hillo315

hillo315 Intact but Tactless

Reading List:
    Link
    Van doesn't need to take Vida's system by force. Vida can simply put him in charge of it, as either a subordinate god or an opposite counterpart. Also what @jemini said.

Who's to say that Van can't have both systems?

Van can study Rodcorte's system to perfect Vida's system. He could even remove Vida's system entirely. With Rodcorte himself out of the picture, there is no shortage of options.

Bla8bla and Eddy andres like this.