Spoiler Lord of the Mysteries by Cuttlefish Loves That Diving

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by vide, Oct 2, 2018.

1. xchronicles

xchronicles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that's Crestey Sesima which conducted Klein's oath to secrecy about the acting technique back in Tingen.

meahime likes this.
  2. EmptyBox

EmptyBox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was wondering how the church managed to discover that Klein was the one who killed IZ since no divination works on him, but I read the chapter again and they probably just asked IZ spirit who killed him. Quite a blunder for Klein to kill IZ using his real appearance, but I guess he just doesn't care anymore.

Could be that too.

I would rather have Fors' POV than Emlyn's. Fors is full of personality so her chapters are fun to read. It's far better than Emlyn since I couldn't care less about him showing off to other vampires

3. Profoundtrucksama

Profoundtrucksama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mostly skip both.. fors mostly has useless thoughts about writing a book and dosent seem to "act her sequence" as much as possible plus she doesn't have fighting power or any combat scenes..I'm not interested in her useless cringey thoughts and rather would see her actuality do something especially for the tarot club.. emlyn is boring except maybe during combat while doing missions.. Audrey kinda gets annoying if there's too much content about her in one chapter since there is nothing stimulating/exciting in her life... Derek's scenes are usually the best

4. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Leonard officially joined the Tarot Card Club and his symbol is the Star.
    Now waiting for the Thief, the Arbiter, and the Hunter to join.

nirleka and xchronicles like this.
  5. meahime

meahime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    whoa what happened there in the end? did anderson killed daniz, or did he just stabbed his own stomach?

6. engrishtranslation

engrishtranslation Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My guess is Anderson knew that there is a cocoon inside his body, and decide to take it out.

7. Ushiyama Tatsuma

Ushiyama Tatsuma Devilish Judoka • Big Breeder ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt Cuttlefish would go down that route just to apease his chinese fanbase,the man usualy has his stories planned out and no fans opinions would change that,Which means if he does it the dude planned for it for a long time,(Probably since Audrey's days as a Spectator(?) Haha that's a stretch even for me but its plausible.

AaIN likes this.
  8. zcorpio

zcorpio Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why "Star"?

9. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably because it is the symbol of the Evernight Goddess.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  10. EternalScrub

EternalScrub New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It represents the sleepless path. I think that's also why Klein as The Fool said that he is and he isn't The World. The World is his codename, but it doesn't represent his path. I could also be wrong and that's just Klein joking to himself that it's just a smurf account.

11. Profoundtrucksama

Profoundtrucksama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. drollawake

drollawake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, actually I see those fan reactions as a read of his intentions. I mean, after the lesbian conversion in the other novel, I don't really trust Cuttlefish's plans for romance. After all, he had to set up someone close to the MC and then give her a reason to lose hope in her girlfriend to make that happen.

Similarly, since the beginning, Audrey's point of view has always taken an unusually large amount of space considering her lack of influence in the novel beyond being a cheerleader for Klein. She is the only female to have consistently friendly and open interactions with the many faces of Klein, and is likely going to be the only person who will have continued opportunities to get to know him at a deeper level. If that's not a flag for future romance, I don't know what it is.

It just irks me that he could have written a romance any other way but chose to use a lesbian or a therapist.

xchronicles likes this.
  13. engrishtranslation

engrishtranslation Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't read, you'll waste your time.

One of the core value of Lord of the Mysteries is the impact of the industrial revolution toward the society, financial and the politic system, with a balance between normal people and Beyonders impact to the society. All of the recent novels with a similar setting compare to LOM (for example - Extraordinary Dawn, and several others copycats), they are unable to describe the impact of industrial revolution toward the society, they can't point out the importance of normal people.

Citadel3 likes this.
  14. skyfall3250

skyfall3250 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Romance in ToA wasn't that great with lesbian correction, but is romance with Audrey that bad?
    Initially she was just a naive noble girl now she is someone who has seen other people's suffering and had had a lot of character development. Infact she is still a developing character.
    Yes romance with Audrey at this point of time will not be that great, but it can be in the future. So there is no need to be so averse to this idea.
    Oh and I do not ship Klein×Audrey not am I against it.

AaIN and xchronicles like this.
  15. meahime

Reading List:
    Link
    Klein x Audrey ( Director x Spectator )
    Klein x Sharon ( Puppeteer x Puppet )
    Marrying a noble could be fun, but imagine the interaction between mother in law(Renee Nicole) if Sharon win the Kleinbowl

16. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't really think Klein will have the time for Romance unless the Author makes some time for him as of now Klein has his own priorities to worry about falling in love with others.

17. skyfall3250

skyfall3250 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Er..I think Renee Nicole is a guy

BigDaddy likes this.
  18. EmptyBox

EmptyBox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He isn't complaining about Klein x Audrey per se, he is complaining about a relationship between a therapist and a patient since he thinks it's unethical.

He has plenty of time right now. He is OP as fuck and almost unkillable. He doesn't need to get worried about gods and angels tracing him anymore. He isn't going to become an angel anytime soon.

drollawake likes this.
  19. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    Klein still needs to digest his potion and that is his priority to do it fast.

20. meahime

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought it was a misunderstanding on MTL part? Leonard's parasite was calling her in an 'esteemed name' kinda sense, because she's probably at angel level or something, and the translation gave it as a "He" instead.
    Leonard then surprised because Klein's messenger is so high level.