This Otherworld Summoning Is Just Too Much! (Morimirror City)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by System, Aug 8, 2019.

1. System

System Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    Rules:
    • Posts in the thread may be only In Character (IC), unless the Out Of Character (OOC) content is separated from the rest of the post by tags.
    • To participate, you must have registered with Goddess Rea (@A5G_Reaper) in the Registration Thread.
    • This thread is mostly freeform roleplay. You are never allowed to control other people's characters in any capacity.
    • IC content of posts must be no more than 700 words per post.
    • Double posting is not allowed
    Introduction

The gate of the summoning area cringes open, revealing another, smaller area with a magic circle on the floor, beckoning as if a motherly embrace of... Freedom. For those who enter the circle, the scenery changes to a plaza in the middle of a loud, chaotic city, filled with life, and death. Adventure awaits you. Answers too. For now you shall wander in exploration of this strange new world, and perhaps time will bestow upon you a guide to your future fate.

MoriMap.jpg

Setting Information:

Most of what you may need to know is mentioned in passing during the passages below. Read carefully, lest you miss out on important details.

The Demon Damocles

One of four demon generals, but his nature far exeeds the danger he poses to the city Morimirror in hanging over the capital of the kingdom in a menacing fashion.

His (her?) suspension there, during the forgone war between the kingdom and the Maou's forces that opposed it, through the sacrifice of magistrates, merely reinforces his fate.

As a true demon, the existence of whom is sustained by humanity's very nature, he has plagued man since before recorded history, but perhaps not before the inception of language.

Whether Damocles is the same entity that previously manifested itself in legend and literary writing is completely irrelevant.

The way in which Mammon represents the worship of material goods over virtue, or Moloch represents a sacrifice which is too great to account for what is to be gained from it, Damocles represents the folly of man in leaving deeds unfinished; general carelessness in one's conduct and actions and the imminence of a backlash caused by circumstances that the sufferer once had control over.

"You will fuck up eventually, and then some day Damocles will come bite you in the ass, man..."
    ~Arch Bishop Marphait in his last letter to the king, before getting executed

To understand better the nature of Damocles is to understand that he comes as punishment to rulers. To know whose interests are most in jeopardy is to know the identity of the ruler of the realm.

Morimirror is truly the seat of power in the state, not because it hosts the King, but the respective headquarters of the conglomerate holding the various dungeons they exploit to keep the collective life standard high, despite economic exhaustion from the war.

It is a city as symbolical of gluttony, greed and shortsightedness, as Damocles is representative of the city's imminent conclusion.

There has been a recent rise in popularity of the belief among citizens that the Maou had no hand in the summoning of the demon, but this is based on rumors started by renegade city officials at an undisclosed pub, one month before the end of the war. The officials who remain unnamed have all confessed to the fantastical nature of said claims, prior to their respective executions.

Some people deny Damocles' very existence, referring to their school of thought as "I'll-believe-it-when-I-see-it skepticism"

The appearance of the entity known as Damocles further serves to complement the metaphor. Though invisible to the naked eye and inaudible to one's hearing, it does not remain unnoticed by citizens.

Hazy, with no definable borders, thinner than late spring morning fog around a ship yard, Damocles tints sunlight an odd violet somewhere between 12 o'clock in the morning and 5 o'clock in the afternoon on the date of the equinox.

The colossus' size, volume and even density is still a frequent source of debate between priests, magicians and scientists alike. For the sake of simplicity as well as to add any sort of clarity of what is being referred to as Damocles within a conversation, the following thought experiment was composed by a now defunct tabloid:

"Imagine a giant scooping the entirety of the kingdom of Morimirror in the palm of his hand, including the walls bordering the outer layer of mountains, but sans the great bridge at the entrance of the city. Imagine then, if you would, that said giant were to suspend the entirety of Morimirror two hundred royal feet into the air, only changing the location of the city based on the vertical axis of its spatial coordinates. Were you to retain this fantastical image in mind, you would then do well to mentally project only the vague conceptual outline of the amalgamation of structures to waking life. Said borders, though only imaginary, serve to outline the transparent entity above our collective head."

The definition has stuck around colloquially, despite the inaccurate way in which it descibes the subject, the same way children are still taught in school that the tastes that different parts of the tongue feed back into one's psyche are mutually exclusive.

Dragonheart power plant

Underneath the mercantile hustle and bustle of Morimirror City exists a complex of tunnels, which prior functioned as housing for the initial inhabitants of the capital. Over time those became buried in the ground, converted into sewers, as well as burial grounds. The latter was found to be a bad decision by officials, as by 5 centuries prior to the current state of affairs, the grounds became host to undead, including a Dracolich whom made nest within its confines. As the hero party sought to liberate the city for the nth time this year, they made way into the catacombs and cleared the majority of larger undead that plagued it, including the undead dragon himself, who was converted by the mage into a generator core for the newly built iteration of Morimirror.

The system requires continuous maintenance, being done in a hurry. This also further solidified the main produce of the ruined city, as the catacombs formed the third dungeon within it. Artifacts resulting from power system glitches are popular for fueling limited use wands, while premium stones often adorn the staves of aspiring mages and veterans alike. The Dragonheart power grid also fuels the mana net which encompasses the kingdom and keeps the Damocles veil operational.

For this purpose a constant reinforcement of adventurers from all around the world is required, creating a lucrative market targeted at their work. This is supplied by the currently dominant Dungeon Merchant Society, whose trade depots are the largest in each quarter of the New City. Indeed the first sight many visitors see when exiting the initial passage into the city is the Dungeon Market, crowned by the Silkroad Quarter Jewel, officially named “Morimirror Artificiers”, a subsidiary of DMS.

Dungeon Merchant Society buildings are probably second in splendor only to those of the Royal Family, who merely use more white magic stone in their buildings, and are in fact modest, if one favours architecture based around mithril and glass.

Another important function of the Dragonheart power plant is the supply of power to the city waystone system, which provides rapid transit inbetween locations, including within the labyrinths themselves. The layered access security system has however recently become glitchy, randomly providing transit to unauthorized citizens to danger zones, but is yet too esoteric for contemporaries to figure out. As such, the Municipalities of Morimirror have advised all citizens of this class to recheck their destination before transiting, and has enforced a mass signing of waivers in case of incidents. This has proven easy, as the civilian population of the city is in fact mostly comprised of tavern barmaids and a few beggars, whom the local authorities have had trouble catching.

Those and many other wonders are made possible by the Dragonheart Power Plant complex. The seemingly unlimited power produced by a dragon heart, may yet prove to be limited in years, however, so the kingdom has been recruiting dragon slayers to provide a suitable reserve. Whether this effort bears fruit remains to be seen.

Middlesprawl

Ah, Middlesprawl Quarter, aptly named for its sprawling establishments it is, and doubly so for its good drinks. Placed underneath the Royal Quarter, Middlesprawl is the craftsman central of Morimirror, a town within the city isolated in both culture and activities. Materials come in, and wonders come out, among the puke of alcoholic swine, unregulated nightly prostitutition, and many other lowly amenities afforded to the degenerate craftsman class, which in the city's hunger for opulence was afforded its middle prized goods for the rest and recuperation of the tireless workers who bring it its splendor.

A major feature of the town is its mix of old and new architecture, whereupon the mithril beams and stained glasswork are built ontop granite ruins, pubs exist in old pagan temples, and random corners would feature the occasional mineral water spring, decorated by some deranged work of art, or merely a cherubim in its natural visage. Some of these springs are in fact decorated by magic illusions, sustained by the city's power grid, and are a source of amusement for visitors to Middlesprawl town. This should tell you a lot about the nature of this place.

The most major import for the artisans and craftsmen, the bar owners, and the whores that work in town, is in fact a wide variety of hallucinogenic and otherwise psychoactive medicinal herbs. This stems from an incident whereupon the medical institute founded by the Holy Maiden eventually lost funds and began applying therapeutic procedures for reputable patrons about 70 years ago. Over time the culture has made its way into the mainstream, and has become major source of inspiration for the lifestyles and artwork that exists within and exits Middlesprawl. As a side effect of this, major developments were made in the treatment of status debuffs, eventually solving the major issue of Damocles Syndrome within the city, as well as making possible the treatment of mentally affected royal agents sent to the Demon Lands 30 years prior. Despite this effort, however, the victims' memories remain altered to this day, and we still are unaware of what events transpired to cause their, now temporary, insanity.

A recent incident of serial slaying has caught the attention of authorities, to the point the issue was presented to adventurers to deal with and solve. For an appropriate renumeration, of course. Presumably vampires are involved.

Another major feature of Middlesprawl, that does not concern the exquisite abilities of its residents, among whom not only men, elves, dwarves, and beastfolk, but also more exotic humanoids feature, is in fact a new development of maginet use, which promises effortless instant mental communication within the city limits, and has formed a culture of magic artifact enthusiasts, who seek to modify their bodies to better integrate with what they believe to be the future of humanoid existence. The leader of the movement is named Khalis, a strange artisan foxkin woman, formerly from the communications bureau of the Royal Guard. Her unique style of translucent clothing adorned with frills, and the strange tattoos and artifacts that bejewel all parts of her body whereupon taste allows, and then some, have conjured a crowd around her, seeking to imitate her in body and mind.

A budding culture of performance art is perhaps the newest, and most jovial and attractive addition to the city, causing a major influx of adventurers to further solidify the place of Middlesprawl, as the true heart of the city.

Other areas:

Areas not mentioned in the text are currently under quarantine, and will be inaccessible during the first two ingame days. Do not tempt the guards to draw out their weapons, infringement is beyond your current capacity.

Tags:

@Haitaka
    @BlueStar413
    @Haxagen
    @Way
    @Ddraig
    @Nightlily
    @Arbelbyss
    @Exitiumm
    @Derrax
    @SpearOfLies
    @Fossil
    @Blackwater
    @michael.kx5
    @Naraku

leegood, MaliMi, Arexio and 14 others like this.
  3. Derrax

Derrax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. SpearOfLies

SpearOfLies [Lucky Dad][Has a lovely daughter]

Reading List:
    Link
    OoC: Td;dr for who isn't sure about the setup up:
    So we have something similar to god of punishment that people may or may not a hallucination because of drugs but it's actually there invisible. A sewer-labyrinth-catacomb-dungeon with a core that fuels the city teleport system that may misfire. While there are people that are earning a lot from it, the overall population is quite poor and there is a high crime rate. There are craftsmen and a lot of other races. The guards have an instants communication system so better not mess around them.

You better read all the first post if you really want to properly play with the background story(assuming you skip it). I'm not a hundred percent sure about my interpretation so don't take my words for truth.

5. michael.kx5

michael.kx5 [Sloth Incarnate][Lewd Overlord][The mediator]

Reading List:
    Link
    ((OOC: So, Am I a newborn now?))

6. BB_Tensei

BB_Tensei [Crystal Operator][Jack of all Trades]

Reading List:
    Link
    {{ Sure, you can pick a family and available quarter to be born in. This includes foxpeople. }}

Naraku, Way, A5G_Reaper and 3 others like this.
  7. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Walking around the Middlesprawl, I kept looking around at all the sights. The various races all living together in a semblance of harmony, the sound of hammers banging against metal, the yelling of street merchants.

"It reminds me of New York in a strange way," I say to myself as I look around, 'First is trying to earn some money,' with that thought I began to analyze my skills.

'Becoming an adventurer might be the easiest way to earn money, but I have no equipment currently,' walking around I felt several eyes keep glancing over at me, 'whatever it is I need to find a place I won't stand out,' I thought looking down at my floral shirt.

Walking past what seems like an inn, an idea hit me.

"Thats it," I said as the smell of food hit my nose, 'I should work in a kitchen,' with that thought, I entered the building.

Exitiumm, Way, Haxagen and 1 other person like this.
  8. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    The instant I popped out on the other side, I already felt people looking at me.

But the minute I make eye contact with no particular expression on my face, they look away. Weird.

Well, that's not an issue. The problem now is lodgings. The moon's still low in the sky...10pm on an average clock, maybe? And I've had a good dinner earlier, so it means that I'll have to find work to earn money. Hah...

Let's go be an adventurer then.

Exitiumm, Way, Derrax and 1 other person like this.
  9. Derrax

Derrax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After my teleportation, I found myself in the middle of a bustling plaza. Looking around me, the buildings and the various non-Human in the city were enough to prove that I was in another world.

Taking a few deep breath to calm down, I think long and hard about my next action. The fur clothes that I asked the Goddess helped me blend in, which will allow me to do a few things...

Focus

Seeing the other overworlder spreading out, I regret a little to not have socialized with them more. We were stranger, but we still have the same homeworld. I will contact them when I stabilizes my own survival in this world.

First, I needed to obtain food, clothes and lodgings. But some exploring of this fantasy city would definitely help me. Yup. I wasn't exited like a kid when he gets his Christmas present. Not at all. I didn't want to see if some of the most common races in novel like Elves or Dwarves were here.

I was absolutely calm to be in another world.

Sigh

A5G_Reaper, Exitiumm, Way and 3 others like this.
  10. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    Two minutes of strolling along the roads later, I found myself a small problem.

"Excuse me. Do you know which way the Adventurer's Guild is?"

"---------? --- ------- ------- -?"

I did not understand a single word. And judging by his expression, neither did he.

"Oh yeah, there was some mention about having to learn a new language...I think...yeah, I'd probably starve first. Nevermind."

Bowing once to excuse myself, I decided to do things the hard way; the blacksmiths had signs with anvils hanging outside their stores, and so far I've also seen some signs with mugs on them, which I assumed and later discovered to be food establishments.

So...something reasonably sized with a strange sign hanging outside would most likely be the adventurer's guild, right?

Right?

Right?

11. michael.kx5

michael.kx5 [Sloth Incarnate][Lewd Overlord][The mediator]

Reading List:
    Link
    At the stroke of midnight, a single cry has rung out in the private bedroom of the inn-keepers, Roy and Helena Dekraus.
    The two fresh parents were cradling their newborn daughter, not wasting even a second to baptize her with a name.
    Full name: Maria DeKraus.
    Nicknamed: Mary.
    Race: Cat beastman - Tiger subspecies.
    Blessings: Elemental Mastery, Space magic aptitude, Debuff resistance.
    Appearance:
    mostly human with slight patches of fur, and a pair of feline ears as well as a tail.
    The color of her hair and fur is pure white with some black strokes.
    Final eye color will be Silverish-grey, which turns into vertical red when mad or predator-ish.
    in other words, a Siberian tiger.

Huh? where am I? I was just at that library reading all kinds of stuff over people's shoulders.
    It hurts.
    Pew. just spit all the "water" that was in my mouth.
    My vision is blurry, but it feels quite warm...and safe....tired....zzzz

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  12. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Before going into that new world, I obviously tried to settle down all my affairs. For example, something pretty example, sorting all the books we've took. In the right order, the one I remembered when we came into the Library. Then, I ate leftovers and finally I walked over the circle, towards the Exit.

To this new world, for some reasons, I did not expect much. I mean, could it be worse than they looping I keep remembering with all details? So much that all these sensations feel like some PTSD? Yeah. Can't be worse... Unless we get ripped into shreds when we enter it.

In any case, I will die if I stay. Then my choice is simple, as clear as the day I died... I hate clear days, I hate summer too... Let's just do it. I became tired with reading and waiting.

Opening my eyes, I felt nothing but a slight breeze. Wind, we are definitively outside, but not only that, people speaking. I am in a plaza, my first thought was that-- it was more beautiful than the hall and the library.
    Maybe because of the brimming life that would blind my eyes at any moment, yet, it was much more different than anything I have seen. It seemed exotic, unfitting word but the best I had. It seemed that my clothes attracted attention but not much, they just glanced at it when people passed by, nothing really exaggerated. Look like some typical reactions. Not all of them were humans, far from it.

However I did not care at the moment, I just concentrated on one thing, listening. I just found a place where I could sit and listened. I had one day to discover this world before searching food and water.

I will... just take this time to think about how I should live. After all, the history book just seemed to be s monarchical history, only seen from the top, uninteresting. It was lacking... emotions but also logics, why did these events happen. They did not mention about that. Rather bothersome.

Whatever, let's just get back to think. Should I just go along with the flow or... spread my ideals? Eh. Sounds silly, but what else do I have to do?

Yeah, I will probably need to do this.

A5G_Reaper, Exitiumm, Way and 2 others like this.
  13. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Entering into the 'Golden Leaf' inn, a pleasant fragrance relaxed my body, putting my nerves at ease.

'Seems like their kitchen is probably a cafe,' I think to myself as person came up to greet me.

"Hello," a younger girl who seemed to be in her twenties smiled lightly before adding, "How can I help you tonight?"

"Good evening," I say while smiling lightly, adding a small nod to the gesture, "I was curious if you were currently hiring for any positions," smiling politely as I said it.

"Actually we are at the moment," the girl with longer dark hair said, "The Innkeepers wife recently had a child so she can no longer work in the kitchen," she looked me up and down discretely, her eyes stopping briefly at my floral shirt, "Is that something you believe you can do?"

"My previous employment before coming to this city was also as a cook," I said with a warm smile, "Cooking is definitely something I can do,"

"Well then I'll will talk to the boss," the lady said with a small bow before walking upstairs.

After a few minutes she walked back down with a man who looked to be about in his thirties.

"Are you the one looking for a job," he asked reaching out his hand for a handshake.

"I am," I said shaking his hand.

"Well, lets say you have the job for now," he said rubbing his eyes, making it obvious he is exhausted, "If there are any damages or problems it will come out of your pay,"

"Of course sir," I said with a nod.

"Then work hard," he said with a wave as he walked back upstairs.

'Well I got a source of income for now,' I think to myself as I'm escorted to the kitchen.

Exitiumm likes this.
  14. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    ooc : RIP @Fossil , Maybe you might get tamed and raised to become a bigger source if you are lucky.

15. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    OOC: I feel prejudiced against.... I’ll need to escape to a different kingdom ASAP.

Exitiumm, Naraku, SpearOfLies and 4 others like this.
  16. Lenaia

Lenaia Queen of Smiles

Reading List:
    Link
    It took several seconds for people to react to a humongous undead monarch peeking around the plaza. Then there were screams, a number of attacks, and... with a flash of light, she's gone. The people looked dazed for a moment before resuming their daily activity, all memory of the past ten seconds gone.

"Hoho. That never get old."

(( :blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek: ll

Ddraig, Exitiumm, SpearOfLies and 5 others like this.
  17. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    ...After a few small incidents in the not-so-well-lit streets of the section of the city I was in, I managed to locate the Adventurer's Guild found...not far from where I first started out. What's more, it seems that my words could be understood, albeit with difficulty.

Stupid guy from earlier better hope I don't meet him again.

"Hello, I'm here to regist------"

The words died out in the silence, sucked away by the sheer emptiness. Of the building's interior, that is.

To begin with, there was absolutely no one in the room except myself. The walls needed repainting years ago, and most of the furniture was caked in dust and filth. The wooden bar counter that I assumed was the receptionist desk creaked when I placed a hand on it, and I'm pretty sure the buzz I was hearing didn't come from the bustle outside.

"---Help you?"

*Bam*

A new hole was carved into the counter. Totally not my fault, I swear. Blame the girl for suddenly popping up.

"...There goes the counter. I only managed to find a useable one last week."

"Sorry about that. You surprised me."

The girl sized me up just as I did her. Brown hair tied into two ponytails, sleepy blue eyes. Wearing a plain dress. Not remarkable...I wish.

"...Well, forget about the counter. Are you here to look for work? As you can probably tell, we're not exactly busy at the moment."

"That's the gist of it, yeah."

The girl reached under the desk and groped around for a few seconds, before she took out a piece of paper and handed it over. Along with a small ink bottle and a feather.

"Fill this up then. The name's Milla, by the way."

Uh-huh. I reached my hand out to take the items from the girl, who was very obviously a vampire.

"Thanks, I'm Senya."

Way likes this.
  18. Derrax

Derrax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Strolling around the city, I was a little bummed out that it was night time and most of the shops were closed. Well, except for a few bar and "establishment". Most of the passerby were either drunk adventurers(I saw quite a few Dwarves) or shady people.

My internal clock is getting screwed over because of when I got summoned. Is it something like an otherworld jet lag? My Physical Strengthening will most likely help me to get accustomed to it.

Deciding that I wouldn't sleep until tomorrow's night, I was walking across the city without a particular goal in mind. Eavesdropping on a few conversation, I was relieved that I could understand what they were talking about. I didn't know yet if I could read this world language, as most signs were drawings. Maybe the literacy of this world was low? Maybe there are many different written languages because of the many different races and using easy to understand signs was better.

Focus

Because of the lack of light in a few area, I decided that it was too dangerous to keep walking around. While the magic lanterns I saw were quite impressive, there weren't any in some less savory places like the back alleys.

I returned to the plaza I first appeared and sat down. I remembered that some of the overworlders I saw were not very Humanlike. They will maybe get mistaken for a monster, so I will be here if they ever get attacked. I decided to rest a little and decide my next step while waiting.

19. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    "Done? Very well, you can take quests now...is what I'd like to have said, but there aren't any available at the moment."

"...Uh?"

* * *​

And so, I found myself back on the streets, considering my options.

Food. I'll manage---I can skip both breakfast and lunch tomorrow if I have to.

Living Quarters. "There's plenty of wooden chairs here. Just don't blame me if you wake up come morning on the floor, or with two fang marks on your neck." So yeah, that's settled.

Weapons...I'll use a tree as a club if I have to. Moving on.

Clothes.

That's a small problem, all right. I'm not into metal armour or full plate, but 2.95 in dollars won't buy me anything, assuming it's worth anything in the first place. Ah wait, it's a 2 dollar paper note, so of course it won't.

I wonder if I should go find those lowlifes from the alley earlier and rob their cash...Stealing from a robber is perfectly justifiable anyway, no?

Guess I'll go take a walk and see where I end up.

Derrax likes this.
  20. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    What did I just saw? Originally, I was just sit on a bench nearby the plaza but I saw our dear librarian suddenly popping up then disappearing as if nothing happened. People just shrugged it over it when she disappeared, as if nothing happened... why are they not more affected by-- lets pretend I do not know anything, nothing happened. Yeah, it sounds good enough. Where shall I go... how do you get to know more about nowhere when you're nobody? It... Doesn't sound good for sure!

Anyway, the history book I have read should be useful once I get to know where I am. Which country, which city and so on. Hopefully I will get to know bout it pretty soon.

Wait. I just realized, I can understand what they say, don't I? Hmmmm. What the- it's not English, not French nor is it Spanish... albeit I could believe it's the latter however it doesn't seem to be the case. Hmmmm. I will just call it The Otherworld Practical Language, understanding even when you don't know anything about it!

Jokes aside... Let's get to a bar. I am feeling like drinking something, plenty of stuff should happen at a bar too.
    Also, let's hope there won't be too many ruffians.

"The Keeper's Fist..? It sounds like... It's just weird."
    It was the name of the bar I entered in, an odd one, a bit isolated, one of the reason I took it. The facade was a shabby, every material could be said to be rotten though... Not frail? Might be just a style?
    When my body invaded this place, I knew I made an error. There weren't many people but-- all of them seemed to be suspicious as fuck! Two dozens of people on top of that, if that's not reassuring! Calm down, it should be easy to escape... Worst case, go through the windows.
    Surprisingly enough, it was a barwoman that managed the place, perhaps the owner as well. Despite the fact that I was a bit awkward, I cleared my throat and asked her.

"Sorry to bother ya, but can I ask you where am I? Kinda got lost, this city ain't as big as I thought but damn, tis annoying, it feels like I am in a freaking maze."
    Some innocent lies are fine, right? With a broken speech to sounds more... familiar I guess? I mean, it looks foolish, they won't get suspicious because of it. I don't know at all how big the city is, all I know was that I was in a bustling plaza without guide or anything. Pretty annoying to be honest.

"Boy, still a r'ther simple district of the city, ya didn't get near to the dungeon yet, eh? But... Why ye decided to ask that here? Wouldn't ya just avoid cause of my bar's look?"
    What should I reply... It looks isolated so, it did not seem a bad idea to enter? Yeah, no. Something that sounds legitimate. Or I could just say--

"I just wanted to be in a quieter place. The plaza was already noisy enough, resting my ears is important, ain't it?"
    She seemed to be doubtful. As if she thought as I was lying, but she wouldn't pry in my private affairs, right? I mean, mind your own stuff, I mind my own.

"Kay kay, I will just make it as if I heard nothing, boy. Guys, time to get some money, rip that boy!"
    Seriously? You aren't serious?! No, no, no... Just when so I enter spending. It happens! I tried to keep my calm and looked at all the people who were stared at me. A minute later, the barwoman spoke again.
    "Just kidding, tis was just a joke."
    Some laughs then echoed in the bar. A joke? You're kidding. I don't believe you in the slightest... then, all the drinkers went back to their own stuff. Speaking between themselves. That was odd... And then she continue to speak to me. As if nothing happened.

"Anyway, what do you want?"
    Why are we running in circles..? Couldn't you have done that from the start instead of threatening me because what..? I let out a sigh. Now, it was as if I had a knife under my throat... Eww.

Exitiumm, A5G_Reaper and SpearOfLies like this.