LCD Tales of Demons and God

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by JJ, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Whose site? The untranslated novel? :hmm:

Deleted member 41274 likes this.
  2. Deleted member 41274

Deleted member 41274 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Wuxiaworld

3. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A deal and a reunion.
    That's it. Time to wait another month~

4. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh, I somehow missed last month's chapter and was briefly confused by the start of this month's chapter.

Next month we get to read about their reunion celebration... and nothing else :p

5. Ushiyama Tatsuma

Ushiyama Tatsuma Devilish Judoka • Big Breeder ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Woah, fans of TDG still existed?!! Now that's dedication right there!:eek:

6. kennykdogg

kennykdogg Sage of 7 sins

Reading List:
    Link
    The shocking thing is people like you appear almost every month

7. Ushiyama Tatsuma

Ushiyama Tatsuma Devilish Judoka • Big Breeder ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly not suprised, Most would be suprised that a novel with no redeeming qualities to compensate for it's crappy release rate would still retain fans—But i guess it's mostly because it served as an introductory into the chinese novel world for a lot of people,kind of like your first love—it's similar to atg in that aspect.

But hey, I don't intend to be a party-pooper, to each their own.:D

8. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Are the new chapters still rushed and half the lenght of a normal chapter?

9. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    I try to appear every other month or so. Gotta love to bemoan what was once one of the best novels out there, only to not be so because it was abandoned.

10. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh another month arrives. Huh. Well gonna wait for WW.

11. DragonMage18

DragonMage18 Outcast

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow people still read TDG after it suddenly got abbandoned by the author and the new chapters covered what normaly +3 chapters covered with half the lenght?

BTW has it become better again or is it stil as crapy?

Astaroth likes this.
  12. metazoxan

metazoxan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NOt sure about everyone else but as for me I just happened to notice this series listed in latest discussions and thought "WTF people still talk about this?" and stopped by out of mild curiosity.

Generally I can't be bothered to come back just to complain. I've said all I need to and the trash that is the author is still as unreliable as ever. BTW did everyone know that "Star Martial God Technique" the series the author apparently abandoned TDG for has been dropped.

Holy crap I know writing can be tough but an author has at least SOME obligation to fans to see their work through to the end. Sometimes it can't be helped but this guy does it too much to just be unavoidable. No one should ever read this guy's work UNLESS it's actually complete even then they should investigate if it's actually complete or just dropped with a tacked on "ending" to announce the author will never come back.

It's sad because overall he's not a bad author. TDG was a quality series with some good world building and a good mix of elements from some of the best chinese novels. But all the writing talent in the world doesn't mean anything is you just have ABSOLUTELY NO WORK ETHIC!

sirin423 and firefox1234 like this.
  13. Zizumer

Zizumer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was it ever really dropped? I mean, he never specifically said he dropped it, as far as I can tell. From what I have heard, he just made a dum contract with some guys who said they will make a manga on TDG if he only uploads a chapter once a month. I think because of that he has lost motivation for this series and now it's going to have this really bad ending.

14. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    He never signed a contract stipulating him to go from a good release rate and quality chapters to one a month of shit quality. That was entirely himself and no one else.

He is by contract (likely since he is so flakey) doing a chapter a month the keep up popularity for the Manga which has been going for quite awhile now. If not for the Manga TDG would have been dropped like a hot potatoe. Instead we have a novel that I would have rather been dropped to atleast not sully the older quality of the novel. Now we cant say it has been dropped but was good, now we have to explain this bullshit situation as the quality and effort put into it only ever gets lower and lower. It is so sad to see this done to a Novel that before the 'drop' I stood by as one of my favorite.

The Author is creative and talented. But he doesn't have the commitment required to get through what I would assume to be writers block. He gets stuck and just quits going onto the next great idea he has because it's too hard to finish what he has started.

metazoxan likes this.
  15. metazoxan

metazoxan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THe more I think about it the more I think an uncommitted good author is actually the worst kind possible. Because they draw people in only to let them down again and again.

I guess I can consider myself "lucky" in that when TDG fell apart he was already infamous and I knew right then to never trust him again. But other people who don't read forums like this might read several of his works and be full of false hope.

Deleted member 41274 and Viola like this.
  16. firefox1234

firefox1234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The way "Star Martial God Technique" was handled is very sad since as you said, he slowed ToDG to start writing SMGT only to put it on hiatus and as you said eventually drop it. That was all I needed to know about Mad Snail and haven't touched any of his works since.

17. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Star Martial God Technique was already on hiatus even before Snail did this once-a-month thing. I know because I was reading the novel before it went hiatus.

There are a number of speculations about this snail release, mostly focusing on the TDG manhua (that brought a whole lot of readers to this novel, btw) and I recall that one of them is about the manhua not performing as expected causing him to be demotivated(?) and barely fulfilling the stipulated contract w/ Chinese publisher.

Viola likes this.
  18. Blood-Lust

Blood-Lust Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean he got a tdg game released a few months back and manga is getting into the really good arcs now but tdg got dropped? Wtf

19. SummerMascot

SummerMascot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Many of the Novelupdates veterans would disagree with you praising Mad Snail.

20. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    Was TDG bad in the beginning? No, it was great. It did get worse but still very good. Then we hit that cliff when Snail gave up and it was a long long drop.

I am only recognizing that he has skill and creativity which makes his lack of drive or finish or whatever all the more frustrating and hate inducing.
    Anyone who disagrees with me that he has creativity and talent is more than likely letting their hate blind them. He has it... but what good is it if you let all your great ideas die in flight before they ever land.

metazoxan, juniorjawz and Inuzuka like this.