Discussion How to count loot rate?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by DZ_Spellcaster, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that I think about it... I roasted Monarch of Evernight over this. They attempt to kill the MC because he would be the second Monarch in the clan in this generation, which, according to them, is too much to preserve a necessary balance in the empire.
    Now we throw a laplace dice and see how many doublets and triplets we get. Almost one per attempt. We now assume they are consistent with their logic and attempt or suceed in these attempts. How long would it take for every clan and the imperial family to hate each other so much that they would swap from "The enemy of my enemy dies second." to "Fuck this. You are going down first!"? Not long, really. Definitely not centuries.

Scientists are the better authors because they dont rape their setting with mathematics and flawed internal consistencies, change my mind.

2. dezzter

dezzter The one who knows

Reading List:
    Link
    if you are talking about monty hall problem, you can test it using a computer simulation, 3 cards that you shuffle whatever and you will prove that picking the other choice is a higher odds of success so it isn't irrelevant.

3. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey miss Rathian, can you spare me a ruby of yours, pretty please?
    -NOPE

Meanwhile, my friend who is not building any rathalos/ian equipment is swimming in rath plates and rubies.

4. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Again lets not forget programs work on pseudo rng algorithms so that wont happen in a game.

Anon Ymous likes this.
  5. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on whether or not you have ever put money in the game

Say I'm a developer, if I say 1% chance, people will screw me over if I can't back it up, on the other hand, paying customers will be pizzed if the don't have an advantage.

So what I can do is scew the number a little, give paying members 2% chances and the rest about 0.5%. Given the vast population of free players, the numbers will add up to 1%.

6. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Since I'm at odds with rng wherever it was used i would always get the nothing result. So from my experience you can try counting your chances with whatever fancy mathematical formula (i know and I've tried) and it'll still up to your luck in the end.

7. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    When math comes to NUF, everyone is suddenly an expert
    [​IMG]

Naruin and Feng Tian like this.
  8. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Simple... desire sensor! Luck or in-game luck~

I know... sketchy and a rumor in it's best. False and not exactly possible with today's coding, but somehow everything can be explained by this accursed DESIRE SENSOR!

How do I know? Well, I was once a grinder myself until the universe got updated.

9. sealteam14

sealteam14 Your friendly HI3 SEA monkey farmer

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, let say the distribution rate out of 100 & splited into tier, Common will sit on most stuff, at 51%, Rare next with 23%, Elite at 20% & SR at 6%. And split it with how many stuff that people consider "rare" amongs the loot drop that "mischalenious" and "duplicate rate" and you eventually found the actual drop rate of the thing you need to drop.... which is less than what they said they would
    In the Azur Lane Example of the infamous Fox Mine, the actual drop rate of the Fox Twin are 0.0075%, accounted for all of those above. Which is notorious as they said "Fox Mine".
    @.@