Family trip ranting

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by drealicious, Aug 8, 2019.

1. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't disagree that being sincere and honest is the best way in most cases. I just think that assuming the person you know nothing about will understand is a bit of too much of an assumption. I don't even want to say that in most cases it will be true... because there is too much variation in people's personalities. It is also possible to mean well and assume you are doing a good thing while making someone you care about suffer. It is also possible that she might have her feelings hurt by refusal. "I am trying to make you open up and have a stronger personality, I am doing this for you and you are being ungrateful". I've seen this happen in life too much. I really don't want to assume anything here and I don't want to ask too personal questions. In the end, OP needs to decide on the way to go about it since she would know best about her family. Me personally, I don't care much about personal feelings and I am usually straightforward, so I will bluntly say what I want. But this approach won't fit different personalities as some people just can't handle confrontation too well or refusing a request.
    But regardless, making people do stuff their uncomfortable with during a vacation is just not cool. Give it a rest for a while. The main point here is not to succumb to peer pressure and ruing your own day.

drealicious likes this.
  2. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry but you are lazy.
    All you have to do is Google and you will get a cheat sheet.
    Adults have to be chameleons. Consider this an advanced lesson.
    Peace!
    [​IMG]

3. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this a family trip or a motivational camp? Cause trip can be fun, but motivational camps or talks or books are boring as heck for me.
    Tbh, this sounds like a chick flick movie plot. At the end of the movie, the family members all experience growth by facing their mistakes, knowing what they want and expect from each other and realize the true meaning of family.
    It ends with krampus showing its all a fake world in a snow globe and ended up imprisoned them all.

Wujigege and drealicious like this.
  4. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    That's some modern hippy bs there dudette? But at least you're close to your fam.

Wujigege and drealicious like this.
  5. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Your sister is wise. Very wise indeed. She will make a good wife. Marry her.

6. drealicious

drealicious Macho man's wifey

Reading List:
    Link
    Its a family trip and I ended up sleeping through the motivational part. Went straight to bed.

My sis had some sort of theme she was saying for the motivational talk - "no to poverty"

7. drealicious

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree she is wise but will vehemently say no to yuri and incest

Ai chan likes this.
  8. drealicious

Reading List:
    Link
    So my family trip just ended. It was really fun and tiring. I decided not to attend the motivational part and I even rehearsed my lines lol but ended up not saying it as I went straight to bed. My sister and husband still talked with my other sister and her husband. I'm glad that I was able to skip that part

9. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Some are orphans with no family. Your issue(s) pales in comparison when you look at it from their perspective.
    Cheerd!

drealicious likes this.
  10. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Some never had cakes in their life, so thats why i eat lots when i can for their sake and mine.

Wujigege likes this.