This Otherworld Summoning Is Just Too Much! (Morimirror City)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by System, Aug 8, 2019.

1. michael.kx5

michael.kx5 [Sloth Incarnate][Lewd Overlord][The mediator]

Reading List:
    Link
    After dinner time was over, and the only staff that was working was the counter lady Alicia, I asked which room Karasu will be sleeping at and knocked on his door.
    Just in case, I also borrowed the spare room key from behind the counter.
    @Haitaka

A5G_Reaper, Blackwater and Haitaka like this.
  2. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    'This is going to be troublesome,' I thought to myself with a sigh after having finished with my shift to hear a knock on the door.

Stretching as I stand up, surprised I'm not sore from all the new movements I had to do with different cooking methods, I opened the door to find a small child.

"How can I help you miss Mary?" I asked with a tired smile.

A5G_Reaper, Derrax and Blackwater like this.
  3. Blackwater

Blackwater Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whilst wandering around I think and think, but don't manage to think of any reputable method to make money. Even as my legs and mind grow tired, I continue. I am not enough from the crime site yet after all, and I don't want to be caught. Only when I am absolutely certain that I am very far away from the crime scene do I stop.

With a tired sigh, I stroll around a corner, only to chance upon someone in clothes as dirty and torn as mine, greedily eating some old bread. As he notices me, he hides the bread behind his back, warily staring at me. I just chuckle wryly: "Don't worry, I won't take it from you.", and sit down near him.

He looks at me for a few seconds before, convinced by my inaction, resumes eating, but faster than before. Once he is finished, he snarls at me: "What do you want?"

Remembering how wary he was, and remembering my earlier murder, I think of an idea. "You know, I'm new around here. So I'd be grateful if you showed me around."

Before he can refuse me, I continue. "So grateful, in fact, that I'd be willing to give you this." - I say as I show him my knife. "You can use it to defend yourself. And if you bring me more scrap metal, I can make something even better for you. Although I'd need some payment in that case. Food or money, either is fine."

I pause for a few seconds, offering him the knife. "What do you say?"

After a few seconds of hesitation, he quickly snatches the knife, immediately testing its sharpness - which isn't much, but it is sharp and apparently sharp enough to satisfy him. So he nods in agreement. "We have a deal. I'll show you around. But I don't trust you yet."

"Neither do I," I answer, a hand on my dagger, "but I am sure this will be a profitable deal for both of us."

"Good." The boy introduces himself. "I'm Valentine, a beggar, and a pickpocket. You?"

"Call me Blackwater, or just Black, or whatever. I'd call myself a tinkerer if I had more experience and tools, but I can make something even out of basic scraps."

With a smirk, Valentine comments: "Sure, Stranger.", before motioning me to follow as he leaves the alley. "Now, things are like this around here..."

Oh boy, this will be a long evening.

A5G_Reaper, Way, Derrax and 1 other person like this.
  4. michael.kx5

Reading List:
    Link
    "well, mister Karasu.
    you can start by letting me inside the room and closing the door.
    After that I will make sure the room will be soundproof"

5. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    "I don't really believe that is the best miss Mary," I said stepping out in the hall, "Its pretty late, you might want to head to your house before your parents get worried," I said not wanting prevent myself from getting into any troublesome scenarios.

A5G_Reaper, Blackwater and Derrax like this.
  6. michael.kx5

Reading List:
    Link
    "This IS my home genius.
    I live on the top floor.
    And don't worry about my folks, they know I can take care of myself better than a normal 6 years old would.
    Although if I started screaming right now in the hall about a lolicon and a kidnapping....."
    I said with a teasing smirk.

7. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    "I suppose so," I said with a tired smile still on my face, "Well then, goodnight miss Mary," I said walking back into my room, shutting the door and locking it behind me.

'If something happens I'll just move up the plans slightly,' I thought to myself as I pulled the blanket over myself, closing my eyes for the nights rest.

Blackwater likes this.
  8. michael.kx5

Reading List:
    Link
    "......"
    He is even more stubborn than I expected.
    This is hardly worth the effort of either getting him on my side or driving him out.
    I am a lazy person by nature, so if I deem something not worth my time or effort - I just leave it be.
    But.......nothing wrong if I play a little childish prank on him in return right? Harmless of course.
    Using space magic I erected an invisible barrier wall right outside the door, so when Karasu tries to leave, he will crush into it.
    Since the door opens inwards, there is no fear of the door touching the barrier.
    I also made the barrier very fragile so it would dissipate after taking two hits.
    One extra just in case.
    Taking into account his walking speed, unless he tries to run out of the room at full force, the most he would get from that prank would be a small bump.

Blackwater, A5G_Reaper and Haitaka like this.
  9. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    ((Lood loli?))

10. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    Everything starts small and builds up momentum steadily, but this piece of news travelled faster than most. As the new area is made available, so are the toiling of several bells, loud enough to echo throughout the capital city.

Cries of: "It's opening! The gates of the shrine have opened again! Hurry and take a look!" can be heard everywhere, as people drop their immediate business by the dozens and rush in a certain direction, towards the newly opened area. Gathering in the hundreds and watching, but not attempting to enter. For good reason.

Once again, the hands of fate steer destiny into another direction.

I wonder, who have the gates opened for this time round?

[​IMG]

Sacred to most of the city’s inhabitants, the mountain located diagonally northeast of Middlesprawl is a special place for the residents of the city; A single mountain standing high above the rest, towering well above the ground. Clouds come together to form a dense layer that obstructs vision of the peak---what exactly lies at the top? Normal birds do not approach this place; not even the humanoid ones fly lightly near this mountain. Yet the tales persist; atop this solitary spire lives a powerful entity, who grants one an audience in exchange for something.

The mysterious red gate stands some metres away from the first steps leading upwards; the staircase seems to go all the way to the top, albeit leading to different places along the way. Throughout the year, a wall of fog always blocks the entrance, serving as an indication that it’s closed; not even the king is exempt from this rule.

It is unknown what sort of inhabitants walk about in this strange area sealed off to most, but after horrible fates befall on the more impulsive ones that tried to intrude upon the mountain, it has been widely agreed upon that the mountain should be given a wide berth and a healthy dose of respect. And cause a massive ruckus whenever the gates open.

It’s been rumoured that a certain vampire girl goes into the mountain sometimes.

Derrax, Blackwater, Haitaka and 4 others like this.
  11. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    Amidst all the hustle and bustle, the fog wall that cloaked the entrance dispersed to reveal a single person standing within. Stepping gently, she reached her end of the path that led into the city, sizing up the crowds of people that were observing her. Her mouth slowly curving into a wide grin, the little girl clapped her hands twice loudly, silencing the crowd.

"Now now, I know everyone is curious about why the gates are opened at this time of the year. But I'm just a guide, so I don't know much about it either~ I'm just here to lead the ones meant to pass through~"
    [​IMG]

12. michael.kx5

Reading List:
    Link
    Rumors of gates to Heron mountain opening have quickly reached the entire town, including our inn.
    On the way back from the school that day, I decided to take a look for myself.
    What I saw a little girl in maid-ish outfit standing on the path to the shrine.

Haxagen and Blackwater like this.
  13. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    "Well... I would like to continue our initial conversation, you see. Ah, right, I forgot to introduce myself because of lady apron-- uhm, my name is Cinere."
    Another fake... Actually, yes and no. That's a fake yet a true name... I suppose?
    Anyway, at that moment, people began to leave and kept shouting stuff : "THE GATE THE GATE THE GATE THE GATE"
    Actually, they didn't but their zealous sudden movement made me think of THE SUN.
    Jokes aside, most were leaving, Menda seemed to have stayed. Ah, no, she just tidied up everything before leaving.

"Uh... Am I weird or it seems stranger than our undead mistress popping up?"
    I looked outside the bar and there were dozens of people going towards... the gate.
    That was creepier than anything I saw till now. I rubbed my forehead and asked.

"...should we follow them?"

14. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Good that I finally knew this lad's name. Well, seems that something's going on....perhaps we could take a look? Huh Cinere here had the same idea. Guess it all works out.
    "Well, let's go then." I get up, cup of oil still in hand.
    "Seems like there is quite a show over there."

Naraku and Blackwater like this.
  15. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Just in case not everyone saw the post:
    @Haitaka
    @BlueStar413
    @Haxagen
    @Way
    @Ddraig
    @Nightlily
    @Arbelbyss
    @Exitiumm
    @Derrax
    @SpearOfLies
    @Fossil
    @Blackwater
    @michael.kx5
    @Naraku

Exitiumm, Haxagen and Blackwater like this.
  16. Derrax

Derrax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While I was headed to the inn Cyrus recommended me, I heard the peculiar sound of bells.

I saw people flocking to somewhere in the city. Being confused for their excitement, I was forced to see what was it all about by following them.

A little detour won't take too long, right?

17. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    The little girl waited patiently, as the crowd grew in size steadily, until most of the area, the nearest buildings included, had been jam packed with watchers. Every so often, she would lift up her wrist and stare at a weird metal contraption wrapped around it, tapping her feet.

Then, for seemingly no reason, she perked up and glanced in a certain direction of the crowd.
    ---the girl made eye contact, and winked while smirking.
    "Aha, it seems like they're coming."

With that mysterious remark, she went back to waiting.

A5G_Reaper, Derrax and Blackwater like this.
  18. Naraku

Naraku 『』『』『』

Reading List:
    Link
    Letting out a whistle, that was some crowd we had there! Why the hell would that many people reunite at the gate? Did the king decided to drop or something?
    Pretty weird, I was sure we couldn't leave... Whatever! Let's see, what are these people looking at, I lightly jumped to see above the people and--

--a little girl? A maid? The king's maid? Just kidding, that's not possible, it would be much more ceremonial otherwise.
    At the moment, it just seemed creepy. It doesn't seem like she's anything special..?

"Yi, know anything about what's going on..."
    I don't think there was anything related to that in the book I have read. Understandable, that was a sort of official story. Many details, local stuff and so on are often put aside.

"...nevermind, you probably don't either. Think we can ask anyone?"

Blackwater and Haxagen like this.
  19. Way

Way Crimeless Raubritter

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, this was strange. Hmmm, lad had a point...lets see what we can find.
    "...Let me try."
    Tapping on the shoulder of a not too shabby looking middle-aged dude, I asked.
    "Quite a special occasion huh? My memory is failing me, was today supposed to be the date again?"
    @Haxagen

Naraku, Blackwater and Haxagen like this.
  20. Haxagen

Reading List:
    Link
    "Uh?"

The person was rather distracted, trying to look over the other heads, but he did respond.

"Oh, you must be new to this city, then, if you haven't heard of this mountain. Rumour has it that someone lives atop who has the power to grant wishes, although I'm not certain if that's true; the entrance to the place has always been blocked by the fog wall for as long as I can remember, and the last time it was opened...I remember studying about it in history. For most people, the gate won't open during their lifetime, so there's naturally a massive ruckus on the rare occasions when it does."

* * *​
    The girl peeked at her watch once more, before shutting one of her eyes.

Elsewhere, a copy of the girl popped up out of a certain person's shadow, and giggled lightly.

"Found you~"

@Blackwater