Discussion Ps 4 or Switch

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Ram5, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Ram5

Ram5 [Noodle Stealer]

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I have the plan to buy one of these two console but I don't know which one that more worth for several years ahead.

SquadCammander354 likes this.
  2. Night Ghost

Night Ghost Well-Known Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on the games you want to play. Some PS4 games won't come to switch like bloodborne

3. Sayne

Sayne if u read this u are a noob

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there even a need to ask???
    Naturally Ps4

killcon456 and SquadCammander354 like this.
  4. ANonMouse

ANonMouse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "worth for several years ahead" Next gen for PS and MS are going to be announced next year. Depends if you want to mostly pick up older games on sale or if you want to ride the current gen wave. If you really want to play those PS4 exclusives, go for PS4, but otherwise, switch would be more relevant in the coming years and will have fresher titles since devs will change focus to new gen consoles for PS and MS

5. SquadCammander354

SquadCammander354 『Early Life Crisis』〖Stormy's Bro〗『Lord of Storms』

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, I wish I could say PS4, but I think it's best to hold off on that and pick up a switch for now, or wait until the PS5, as one of the capabilities of the next-gen consoles, is its promise for backwards compatibility, which means you can play a PS4 game on the PS5, and it would even receive a boost in performance.

Nintendo, while having a good selection of games, isn't that powerful of a console, and I believe it would be for the best to save your money and buy a PS5 when it comes out, or just buy the Switch for now.

If I recall, Nintendo said that they would release a new version of the original switch with a longer battery, so get that one if you are buying a Switch, and not the old or mini version.

6. udonsage

udonsage [Underpaid Software Developer] [Lazy Novelist]

Reading List:
    Link
    Like others have mention before me, if you are thinking about picking up a ps4; it might be better to to wait until the PS5 comes out.
    Both consoles offer a wide variety of games that you could play but Nintendo switch still have a good variety when it comes to casual party games such as Mario party and Mario kart.

So, I suppose the better question would be if you are planning on buying it for yourself and what games you are most excited to play. That will most likely lead you to your answer.

Regardless of your choice, friends playing on a console is a big factor as well unless you are like me who is mostly a loner...but a proud loner.

7. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ram5, as a similar loner such as this guy, and a proud PS4 owner myself, I really think that you should wait. However, if you do plan to buy a Switch, I'd recommend buying Dragon's Dogma, due to its incredible combat, character customization, and the number of hours you can put into it.

It's a singleplayer experience, but it's one of the better games you can play on the Switch, as well as Dark Souls Remastered.

udonsage likes this.
  8. Nixolas_Zinn

Nixolas_Zinn Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I own the PS4 and... seriously I wished I had friends.... anyways I would probably get the ps4, unless you wanted to be more on the go, cause I believe skyrim is going on the switch..... weeeee

9. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    It already is on the console, but there are some new games that are coming on it.

10. Aop

Aop [Great Destroyer of Filth] [Dao of Cleanliness]

Reading List:
    Link
    I owned the PS4 for some years now, and just got one of the 'new' switches... so I don't know which is better tbh. I'd simply say look for what games you want to play for each console, and pick the one with the bigger pull.

Though I guess another thing to keep in mind, Sony seems to censoring games while Nintendo isn't (Who'd have thunk it) so that could be another issue to think about as well.

11. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    But then you could also watch the uncensored versions somewhere else, and by "new," did you mean the updated version of the original model, or the mini?

12. Aop

Aop [Great Destroyer of Filth] [Dao of Cleanliness]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, they slightly upgraded version with better battery/cpu.

13. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    True, the battery life is "slightly" better than before, but the main feature or upgrade should be that ridiculous Joi-con thing that everyone's talking about.

Basically what it does is that it makes your thumbsticks, well, just straight up not work anymore and gets stuck in a loop of repeating the same actions.

It was due to the materials they used as a transmitter, for the signals or actions sent by the thumbstick, being a bad "choice" and was also one of the ways Nintendo tried to cut back on the costs of the original Switch.

So many people had this problem, that Nintendo was like, "Okay, we'll straight up fix it, no charges or questions asked."

@Ram5, tell us what you're gonna do, as I'd recommend buying the Switch for now if you really want to get into playing some games.

14. Khatulistiwa

Khatulistiwa An Egg Eternal

Reading List:
    Link
    Heard PS5 is gonna backward compatible with PS4, so better wait for now, or try finding cheap used PS4 and save your remaining money to get the PS5 next year

15. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    At this point in time, why bother with the PS4 if it's gonna be ignored by developers after the PS5 comes out, at the very least, Ram should buy the Switch due to its current shelf life, and how it'll be much more worth it in the long run.

16. fteg123

fteg123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I suggest holding off on buying any consoles. It is rumored that the consoles company would release new consoles in 2020. So if you are thinking of buying something new, wait until 2020.

17. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what we've been saying, but have you heard about the rumor that the US will pass a tarrif that makes all gaming related products (including board games, video games, and etc.), more expensive.

18. xiashenghan

xiashenghan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on what games you enjoy playing. I have both and my PS4 is stuck unused (well I use it as a Blu-ray player) and mostly play with my Switch since it is convenient for me to play anywhere I want.

19. SquadCammander354

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, stationary consoles are mainly used as platforms that make use of their tech and processing power, whereas the Switch is for those who are always on the go and is designed with that in mind.

20. xiashenghan

xiashenghan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually didn't want to use it as a Blu-ray player but I had no choice. I play on it from time to time but the games I like are available only on PS3, sadly no backwards compatibility for PS4 and it sucks.

I don't know about tech or processing power. I just use and play whatever I can. :blobsweat: