Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Lavinia

Lavinia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea i heard they were also doing the yi city arc which i'm guessing is where S2 will end??? Also heard they will only be 3 seasons so i'm trying to think how they will make everything fit in the last one :blobneutral: Honestly i just wish they would have stuck with the long flashbacks, i know people hate them but it would have made more sense then all these changes that they're doing.

I really like how the Donghua makes him have red eyes when he uses his powers, it looks really cool :blobsmilehappyeyes:

I blame censorship for taming down his powers a lot, they also pretty much removed some of the more complex parts of WWX as the Yiling Laozu and how everyone can overpower him even Su She wtf :blobneutral:

WeTV also does the same, I remember when they made a post congratulating couples for the Qixi festival and Wangxian was included among them :cookie:

The Douban rating is now 7.8 and on my Dramalist i think it now ranks one as highest rated drama :blobparty::blobparty:

Yea i'm pretty sure they were trying to make him carry Xiao Zhan but Wang Yibo is too skinny, even the scene where he does the piggyback had to be taken in one take cause he was too exhausted.

I was reading the GC scene earlier and it did say that LWJ carried WWX on his back.

Also reread chapter 50 and yup LWJ did carry WWX on his back after he was stabbed by Jin Ling, which also confused me too since he was stabbed in the stomach?? But apparently he didn't feel much pain and just fainted from blood loss.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    YaoiMom22, Sauling and ez like this.
  2. shuwei

shuwei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    watched the recent CQL eps. I did read spoilers that they neutralized the romantic scenes but what I actually see isn’t that bad. lotus pod boat scene was great and Guanyin is good enough! I guess since there was no sexy times and no grand confession, WWX is still in a state where he doesn’t really “get it” and LWJ still won’t say it, but LWJ actions are very obvious. the way he silently sealed his powers, how he’s very vague verbally when prodded...WYB maybe not have much to say about LWJ in interviews as XZ and his WWX essays, but he gets it. I think it’s clever that they never had LWJ define them as anything specific, not even WWX’s favorite word 知己. at the phoenix mountain he just affirms whatever WWX wants them to be. even in his internal dialogue ep 43 it’s “I want the best for you just bc”

also I’m just relieved they didn’t replace the confession with something weird like “I want to be your good bro”, I feel like cql!LWJ would die on the inside if he hears that kind of stuff now lol (thank you CQL for never using 兄弟 until the end, I dodged a bullet here whew). I can just see it as them being slower about realizing than their novel counterparts but it’s definitely gonna go somewhere in the future.

btw cfans are laughing about how when LWJ cut WWX’s ropes he carefully cut away from WWX’s hands but when cutting JC’s he chops downward carelessly lmao

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  3. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not that I want to burst your bubbles here, but it was clearly stated in the novel, this I know, because I have re-read the novel many times on my end. And never once, did I imagine it as 'bridal carry' during these two scenes (from the text in these two chapters).

(1) When JL Stabbed Wei Ying, this was the scene, quoting directly from EXR here, it clearly said he was carried on LWJ's back, so thus, not bridal carry. It's not that I don't want it to be bridal carry, but when MXTX said he was carried on his back, then it already leave no doubt that it's a piggy back.

(2) GC Reveal - This one I interpreted as 'piggy back' because there's a part in here that says, 'feeling the weight on his shoulder', so I interpret this as piggy back, and I think that there's also fanarts from fans who drew this scene showing it is a piggy-back as well, so if you want to take that as 'bridal carry' in this scene, don't let me stop you. I'm only just shedding some light to a different perspective here.

Source from the chapter to see what I mean
    And most importantly, this one:
    So, I'm not sure where you're reading your English translations, but going by K's translation from EXR, it's clearly stated that LWJ was carrying Wei Wuxian on his back.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    Sandu and Soulfill like this.
  4. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a piggyback. Unless he carried an unconscious love one like a sack of potato on his back, that's a piggyback.

5. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobjoy: What am I even doing searching for sentences when I should be fangirling.

Anyway.

Donghua fight scene was awesome but The Untamed was great too. I have a lot to comment about the changes they made to Guanyin Temple events but that part where WWX was whistling.... I came home after midnight and saw a twitter someone made where they cut that particular scene. The wind was loud outside, and I'm in my room, in the dark while I'm about to sleep. It was terribly mesmerizing and horrifying I was both sweating and grinning at the end of that short scene.

YaoiMom22 and Sauling like this.
  6. HeRhea

HeRhea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My thoughts exactly.

This is what I'm worried about too. I don't mind filler/ canon divergence too much, as long as it serves to the plot, but it really feels like season 2 doesn't know what it wants to do. It just kind of skips between scenes, not really focusing on anything in particular. Ep 4 rushed through many scenes.

Another thing that feels inconsistent is having wwx constantly showing off his modao skills. At Mo village back in episode 1, didn't he say himself he should be careful not to expose himself to others? Yet, here he goes and does all that crazy filler stuff (which is neat, but still.) Imo, the 'wei ying' scene won't work here anymore, for wwx has been way too obvious about his identity for a while know.

7. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    the onli time lan zhan bridal carry wei ying is when wei ying came bak aft being captured by JC and JL help him escape and aft take the curse from JL he went bak to lan zhan and was limping(cause got hit by zidian) den lan zhan say to carry him but wei ying didnt wan.

so lan zhan just bridal carry him since wei ying said he didnt wan to be piggyback (i was screamin like a fangirl durin tat part like ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :aww::aww::aww::aww::bloblove::bloblove: WANGXIAN FOR LIFE AHHAHAHAHA). and the rest of the novel there wasnt anymore bridal carry, the rest was all piggyback

AI Xin and Sauling like this.
  8. Soulfill

Soulfill Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch. 111, very very briefly before their first time, and lol after little apple drops the apple in shock after they kiss, LWJ bridal carries WWX.

AI Xin, setsuna3025 and Sauling like this.
  9. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Waaah I love that chapter 111 so much :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:

And also another bridal carry, in chapter 84 where, when they were on the boat after the Siege where they were all headed to YMJ sect, when Wei Ying fainted because he was exhausted, I think Lan Zhan bridal carry him there.

Unless I imagine this wrong but I imagine it was a bridal carry :aww:

YaoiMom22, setsuna3025 and Soulfill like this.
  10. Soulfill

Soulfill Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, that one too. He only carries him piggyback when he's injured. But the rest of the time it's bridal carry

setsuna3025 and Sauling like this.
  11. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    There's absolutely NO way they can fit all that in 3 season!!! :blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful:
    Not unless, Season 3 have more than 30 episodes! But how likely is that?! :blob_teary:
    To be honest, I rather they have equal screen-time, because the present-time is what matters most to me, this is a personal gripe of mines, which have proven to be true that with CQL, the present-time just felt so rushed and not handled properly due to lack of remaining time left :( I'm not saying I hate on the flashback, because we need it, but I also wish for them to focus more on the present-time is because I want to see the developments on their present self, like, if it's all focused on the past, than the present will just be all stagnant, and I want to see present-Wangxian developments, I want to see more present-developments for the present-characters like Sizhui, Jin Ling, JingYi, Zicheng etc.

This is one main thing that tops CQL!WWX for me! :aww: To be honest, I feel like, what they failed to bring out that badass side of CQL!WWX, they give us this in the donghua, and I personally don't mind, since I love him with the red eyes, and how he uses his powers, it looks really, really cool! :blobnosebleed::blobsmilehappyeyes:

Yeah, I totally blame censorship here! :blobthumbsdown::blobthumbsdown: They really have removed the more complex parts of WWX as the Yiling Patriach, and I'm just so sad, because those who come to know him through the drama/live-action doesn't know that he's actually more competent, more powerful than this! :blobconfounded: And I literally swore when I realized that that b*stard SuShe outdid/overpower Wei Ying!! :blobthumbsdown::blobthumbsdown::blobthumbsdown: I'm like, wtf!! :blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip: So that's a personal con in CQL for me...

Oh, I did not know that, that's great then! :aww: Wangxian deserves more love there :blobicecreamlove:

Hooray for Douban rating, it's at least higher than what I gave CQL on my end xD :blobparty::blobparty: I was surprised about mydramalist, since the first time I checked, it was like 7 something, now it got raised to 9.2, that's really amazing! :blobparty::blobparty: I hope this doesn't attract unwanted attention, those homophobes can stay away.

LOL, that's exactly what happened to me!! hahaahah! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: But apparently 'A' is the Happy one ~

AI Xin and setsuna3025 like this.
  12. AI Xin

AI Xin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *quietly drops meal* :blobgift: This boy is just too cute... :blobmelt:*sigh* Jiang Cheng, is that you? :blobcat_rawr:

P.s. I was told the cat looks like a rabbit... *quietly exits*

Yumelien, ez and setsuna3025 like this.
  13. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe I should just exit Tumblr for a while... Seeing posts on Tumblr, and reading them can be quite toxic :facepalm:

To be honest, is it so bad if Lan Zhan lied in the donghua to his uncle? Because he wanted to protect Wei Ying's identity? :facepalm: Like I don't see this as OOC on my end, because in all honesty, Lan Zhan have lied in the novel before to protect Wei Ying face, he lied for Wei Ying.

In Chapter 126, YunMeng, as I remember, Wei Ying was playing with the kids, he said 100 comes after 90, and there was this one kid, who didn't think 100 comes after 90, as he have his doubts, and Wei Ying suggested to ask a passerby, which this was Lan Zhan, and Lan Zhan replied 100, because he was protecting Wei Ying from losing face, and someone actually commented that 'playful act like this doesn't ruin his image', and I'm like, seriously? :facepalm::facepalm:

How the heck does that not ruin Lan Zhan's image, when it's because of Lan Zhan's image at first that reassured the kid that he wasn't lying loll..

Honestly, I personally didn't mind Lan Zhan lying to protect Wei Ying, or he lied to protect Wei Ying, because I find that sweet, since he will go out of his normal character/personality to protect him; and I find that endearing, I feel like fans who can't accept this in the donghua is just finding stupid reasons to hate on the donghua Lan Zhan for lying, because they are bias, and really that's so annoying... :blobdead:

So, donghua Lan Zhan lied to protect Wei Ying's identity is OOC, but Novel Lan Zhan lied to protect Wei Ying face, is not ooc and doesn't ruin his image, that poor kid who was told 100 comes after 90 will probably believed it for a long time.... LOL

Whether Lan Zhan lies or not, it doesn't kill his character for me, but I do enjoy how Wei Ying can make Lan Zhan do things which he normally wouldn't do because it shows that Lan Zhan can break rules when it comes to Wei Ying, and I love that - Rule breaking Lan Zhan when it comes to protecting Wei Ying is what I love! :blobicecreamlove:

Acsis, Vel, YaoiMom22 and 2 others like this.
  14. setsuna3025

setsuna3025 cheif protecter of WWX and LWJ love relationship

Reading List:
    Link
    when i watch it and found out tat it was su she i was oso the same like WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF :blobangery::blobangery::blobangery::blobangery: HW THE FK CAN THEY DO TAT TO WEI YING LIKE WTF SIA , A FKIN NOOB SIDE CHAR TAT ISNT EVEN IMPORTANT OUTDO/OVERPOWER WEIYING FLUTE?????? :blobangery::blobangery::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip::blob_catflip: *flips tables at them* . they realli tamed wwx down like fk sia to the point where even A FKIN NOOB SIDE USELESS CHAR CAN OVERPOWER HIS FLUTE :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:.

hahahhaha lol the voting one is like a sacm ahhahah

some ppl just cannot accpect things like this cause they got a fkin problem for god knws wat stupid reason it is:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: and they r mostly those hypocrite ppl

Lavinia, Vel, YaoiMom22 and 2 others like this.
  15. AI Xin

AI Xin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hehe thanks for waiting Sauling姐. :blobReach: I guess my feelings for the ending didn't seem much upset or sad than I had quoted lol :blobsweat_2:

I know! I was so frustrated and upset that Lan Zhan was the one who "showed" both of them their different paths first, when he said he'll no longer go with Wei Ying. :blob_coughblood: To be honest, I had thought that it'd be Wei Ying who'll distance himself from Lan Zhan and be the one to part first so yeah...:notlikeblob: who are you and where's Han GuangJun?! because Lan Er-Gege sides with Wei Ying, always. :blobcry:

Indeed. That's why I consider the ending happy yet bittersweet because to me, at least too, it's real :blobsmile:

It was nice seeing all the spoilers and thoughts from everyone too. I'll probably watch it again, when I relive MDZS canon novel, again. :blobsmilehappy:

I see. I see. And I totally get what you mean. Censorship totally whoosh me when they made Xue Yang's father creator of the seal, they did 'dirty' to the Yiling Patriarch and the ending. And same. I'm still questioning how Su She would be able to learn to play the dizi and master the song in such a short time because from how I see it, it probably took Wei Ying 3 months to master the art using Chen Qing? :blobtriumph: I too couldn't get the plot holes and inconsistency. When Lan Zhan was drunk, he replied to Wei Ying he regret but when Wei Ying asked him what for and if he searched for him, he didn't answer but only lowered his head, right? Do you think they left it like that by purpose or timeline sakes? :blobunsure:

Ah I did and thank you for the source. :bloblove: My, they really had an effort in dissecting detail corners in CQL haha.

I love the beautiful art and smooth animation and can "patiently" wait, patience is loose in my vocab because I don't think I'll be able to stand till at least season 5 is where I'm guessing we're gonna have present-action time. :blob_pout:Donghua adaptations seems to drag because of the time and costs, with having to scriptwrite and making sure it pass the *cough* requirements:blobamused:"beautiful and finished work are those of patience and hard work" so hang in there?:blobnom:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and all this time, I thought you listened finished to season 2 haha. I mean I too sometimes skip to where the dish is served hot *winks*

I'll vote but I don't think it'll heal the wounds it left in the "real" ending at episode 50 haha :sushi_hide:

That's the scene I remember when Wei Ying is given a carry from Lan Zhan. I'm actually laughing at Wei Ying, who is the most shameless in here, saying it's be embarrassing for a guy to be seen being carried. In the drama as well like that to me can't be that shameful haha. I still wanted to be carried even at the age of 10 so... :blobjoy:

Little Apple is my favourite non-talking charas, apart from the bunnies. He is not a donkey, but secretly Jiang Cheng haha. He doesn't act like a donkey because too intelligent, might human. :blobowoevil::blobxd:

Omg are you serious, fans are still going on with that? :blobexpressionless: It's not OOC, well at least not for me, because Lan Zhan broke the 3000 rules then for Wei Ying so how would this lie towards Senior Lan be anything to fuss over? *eye rolls* Also, it's technically not a lie... He IS Mo XuanYu but his soul is Wei WuXian. He answered back to his uncle's question, correctly as indeed, be it truthful or not.

Exactly. I'm sure the children would know sooner if not already. And if im nit mistaken, haven't Lan Zhan woken up later than 5pm due to nightly workouts yet nobody complains? Haha think these people here are the 300 elders of Lan and Lan QiRen because they're so strict to these characters it's ironically funny. :blobcatcop:

Agree! :blobhighfive: For Wei Ying, the Han GuangJun known has changed :bloblove:

Vel, YaoiMom22, Sauling and 1 other person like this.
  16. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. after JL stabbed him..why would anyone give a stabbed person piggyback ride.. thay will only hurt
    2. GC scene - as per eng translation it is not a pigyback
    Yup.. lol. gone back to the original

17. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would someone be able to provide link for the audio drama?
    preferably with engsubs..

where is the story in the audio drama? which arc are we on??

XZ's new video on his thoughts on WX and how his crying scenes were mostly unplanned.. reading the novel, WQ is literally so oblivious and generally emotionally so much more distant that what CQL showed.. but really greatful for this interpretation or the fact that there is this visualization.. just seeing all those emotions on a real face.. and knowing how wx would have reacted (with all those microexpressions)

18. kitkat2010

kitkat2010 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Audio drama link with Eng Subs: https://kittykat2010.tumblr.com/mdzsaudio (all 3 seasons)

Right now, the audio drama story is on Season 3, where WWX is Yiling Patriarch. I honestly don't know the arc names. :blobsweat:

AI Xin, Soulfill, Xea and 2 others like this.
  19. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    damn!!!!! he is cute.. and once he lost that puppy fat.. he is sexy and so high school boy pretty :p

This is cute..
    there was a twitter discussion going on if in real life XZ is seme personality or uke..i can't see the seme.. like really can't

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EBeMwIXX4AECLUB?format=jpg&name=900x900

20. ez

ez Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    and in the much later scene.. when the kids had to go out of the cabin because it was too much for them.. and realizing the WN made the right choice of not following them back to the cabin :p