Recommendations Whatever It Takes

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Cosmic_, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not really sure what you mean, tbh. Randidly has a lot of pretty good SUCCESS moments. I mean, there's always another fight looming and he meets enemies early on (the creature) who are unfathomably powerful even much later, but even with that particular enemy as an example he has several great victories over her. .... and he has a good few OP romps, where he just steamrolls everything and everyone. Usually right after coming back from Tellus, whichever trip.

I do feel like he's weaker at some points than he should be, though. I mean, on Earth he's basically a mythological figure, and for good reason - he's spent his time on Tellus, a planet with a millenia of history and uber powerful enemies. Meanwhile Earth is still taking baby steps. But at the same time, he's not nearly as head and shoulders above Earth as he should be. He's above everyone, sure, but not totally out of reach. .... And some of his major breakthroughs don't seem to translate to as much comparative power as they should, really. He still feels way behind his stronger enemies. Blegh.

Still, he has his moments. Plenty of them - it's nearly a thousand chapters at this point, after all. And there's everything you could possibly want in those thousand chapters, with all kinds of situations, minor story arcs, interesting side characters, and on and on. Just don't expect the story to move at a super brisk pace, 'cause even at nearly a thousand chapters it feels like it's only just getting started.

2. Silverasterisk

Silverasterisk [Wallflower] [Drive by poster]

Reading List:
    Link
    That's because in its own way it hasn't gone anywhere. It never goes anywhere because in every situation he's facing something as strong or stronger than him. No matter how much he grows. In every situation he's pushed to the absolute edge. The power down was when he came back to earth. He was too strong. So naturally he had to be nerfed. How else could the non-stop edgy situation continue? All the romps i saw before i gave up had a bigger baddie show up in middle or at end.

3. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *shrug* Dunno when you stopped, but he's had a few runs through Earth where he was completely unchallenged, and still pretty much is. There are hints at enemies coming that might be a decent challenge for him, but at this point he's basically worshiped as a god on Earth. And, honestly, he's been treated that way for a very long time.

He's had some fabulous displays of power on earth. Recently
    he treated the entire group of Nemesai like children, steamrolling over like six of them at once and scaring the shit out of them. They barely got away from him and left casualties behind in the process. Nemesai. To be clear, a Nemesai, the Spearman, fucking ran Tellus. One of them even shattered his Nemesai restraints to confront Randidly with his own images, his real power, and it just wasn't enough.

Anyway, even if you're 1000% right, it'd still be exactly what the OP wanted. What's the point of a "challenging the Gods" mindset against weak enemies? It's good that the MC is constantly fighting enemies tremendously out of his league.

Especially when he sometimes kicks their ass.

4. TerraEarth

TerraEarth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think 95% of chinese novels here fit that criteria. Like, actually.

Rarylith likes this.
  5. Silverasterisk

Silverasterisk [Wallflower] [Drive by poster]

Reading List:
    Link
    The tournament on spear world killed it for me. That and the various goings on. I spent some time checking up on it occasionally before just dropping it. It may have changed. It was years ago. I would compare the series to your average xanxia.