Recommendations Intro to Questing

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Cosmic_, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    So I've been reading a lot fics of on spacebattles and sufficientvelocity lately and known about quests for a while. I'm looking for some long quests that are good introductions to this format. Also looking for any other gems on these two sites.

2. Someguy666

Someguy666 MILF Sect Leader

Reading List:
    Link
    Try questionable Questing or fictionlive

3. Krilinater123

Krilinater123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well there's

The one ring in spacebattles

Who needs harmony a ck2 quest on sufficient velocity

Ignition on sufficient velocity

There was a star wars ck2 quest I forgot the name of that was really good

Spirit of the gamer on spacebattles

Cosmic_ likes this.
  4. CtrlAltDel

CtrlAltDel Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think, you should start with a quest in a fandom you know, it's easier that way.

That being said, I will link to you a few classics in no particular order (I am a fan of CK2 style quest, think kingdom building, so there will be more than a few) :

• Ninja Ninja Tactic : Naruto quest, twin of Kakashi, start before the second ninja war. One of the best quest you can find on the web, highly recommended, made me like naruto again.
    • Embers in the dusk : Warhammer 40k, follow the new governor of a deathworld. It's a CK2 style quest. Warhammer 40k is one of the most grimdark universe out there, so the quest is the same, everyone can die.
    • A dynasty of dynamic alcoolism : Warhammer fantasy, follow the new Elector Count of Ostland. It's a CK2 quest too. Warhammer fantasy is not far behind Warhammer 40k in "most grimdark universe" so... Still, one of the best quest.
    • May the invisible hand be with you : Star Wars, start before the clone war, follow a crimeboss as she try to benefit from the galaxy. CK2 too. It's a continuation of an other quest (link in the first post).
    • Jedi Padawan quest : Star Wars, follow a young Padawan before (and later after) order 66. It's not a quest about becoming OP, more on social interaction and later, survival.
    • A sword without a hilt : Asoiaf/D&D crossover, follow Viserys Targaryen where magic return in the form of D&D to the world of Planetos.
    • Forge of destiny : Xianxia quest, follow Ling Qi who just started in a sect. The quest continue in Threads of destiny.
    • The practice war : An original sci-fi quest, rebuild the world after an alien attack.
    Well, that's a few of the most classics, and longer quest out there.

Here a few more recent ones :

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    Cosmic_ likes this.