LCD The Rise of Otaku

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 16, 2019.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-rise-of-otaku/

C2: lootboxes are evil, both in reality and in stories, though for different reasons.

C3: Why is it being translated as chess and checkers when its almost certainly go?

C4: I wonder if the chief will have a word with his parents about his new activities ;)

Also curious how people will react to the miniature building on his property, especially once he gets it setup in the pond.

That aside, he should have saved the coins. He already had another quest (the setting up of the pond) that could probably have gotten him enough coins for the cheapest vending machine item.

C5: "He then uploaded the copy and especially make a notice that it could not be used for any commercial purposes." Yeah right. That would be on a hundred redistribution sites by week's end at the latest ;)

C7: Too bad he can't get seeds from the trees before chopping them down.

I wonder what will happen to the temp farmer. Will it move in and become permanent? Join up with the permanent farmer? Go to waste because its no longer needed but its timer can't be stopped?

C8: lol. I love how the author keeps explaining that, while the MC could make money, he's not going to because he doesn't feel like it ;)

Was not expecting the idol to come out a shota.

C9: When it challenged him to judo, why didn't he just say no?

C13: lol. I'm really liking this girl. The MC's absolute refusal to become successful allows for some great reactions from her ;)

C14: Is the idol never coming back? If he is, then selling all of his stuff seems a bit cruel.

C15: I'm surprised he hasn't already spent the 5k to buy one of the ACG production houses. Though, he definitely shouldn't do them all at once. There's no way they don't have costs above and beyond purchasing their blueprints.

C16: I wonder if a T1 game is even worth playing? And if it is, just how extraordinary a T5 game would be.

C17: I'm betting that aircraft carrier is going to make it into the game ;)

C18: I'm surprised he didn't release the game. The fact that he's aware of Stardew Valley should mean that he knows it can do well, in spite of the graphics.

C20: Even if "they" intended to sell the game, that doesn't mean they wouldn't also want a movie adaptation of it.

C21: They should have had a link to the game's download in the video's description.

C22: lol "Brothel Toaist". He really needs to care more about his image if he's going to use this account to sell games ;)

"From the perspective of efficiency, the large theme park was the best" Actually, the Hot Spring is the most efficient, at least in terms of cost efficiency. If we're talking time efficiency, then the theme park would be best, but I expect it also has the highest upkeep on top of giving the worst RoI for Moe Coins spent to Moral Points received.

C24: I'd play it. I'm not sure if I'd like the combat or not, since it would depend a lot on the execution, but it'd be interesting if nothing else.

C30: lol. I wonder how he thinks he can contact the team when he doesn't even know their names ;) Or did the soldiers put their names in the credits of the game?

C34: I wonder what he's going to play. He can't replay the same movie, and he's already banned the new one. Did he work hard and produce a third one over the course of the week?

C44: ‘Ocean my ass, I don’t have that ability' Yet.

C48: I wonder how he plans to support an online game. Does he slowly lose moral for as long as the servers are running the game? Or does that website he's distributing it through handle that too? If so, that seems a bit unrealistic. Its very hard to support someone else's software.

C49: Ah, so that's what the operational team was for.

C50: It feels kinda sexist that only the guy got censured for that.

C54: Finally, a realistic level of cooking expertise from an otaku MC ;)

C56: He seems to have forgotten that he'll need to train any such adventurers, which will likely require him to adventure himself.

C60: I wonder if he realizes that he needs to go to another village if he wants to find pub employees and is just refusing to do so ;)

C66: He told them before they came that he hired a magician. Why is he telling that it was ghosts now? And why are they believing him when he's already given them a less scary explanation?

2. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    I can’t speak for the story you’re reading. I’ve wondered much the same myself in the past. Apparently, China does have its own version of chess which is different from western chess or Japanese shogi, and is apparently not Go. Can’t say anything about the checkers, though.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiangqi

jacobpaige likes this.
  3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, I love this MC ;)

4. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's with the spoilers?

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    This is Latest Chapter Discussion. Its assumed that anyone reading it has read up to the latest translated chapter. Nothing I posted is a spoiler to anyone who has done so.

Blitz, userunfriendly and Wujigege like this.
  6. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah.

It’s presumed that you’re visiting here to talk about novels you’re currently reading, or shopping for novels to pick up for your reading list.

Because it is the lcd forum, a little spoilers are expected, because the people who are shopping are interested in responses by people who are actively keeping up with the current chapters.

If you’re interested in spoiler free recommendations, Novel General is best. Post a thread asking for recommendations. Believe me, no one will hold back in Novels General on their opinions. The reverse, actually.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, for recommendations, I'm Looking For is much better. Its the main reason it exists after all.

userunfriendly likes this.
  8. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link

You’re right, of course. I had a brain fart. Heatwave in Seattle...70 degrees...:blobtired::blobdizzy:

(those of you near the equator may laugh at me all you want.):blobtongue:

I am getting interested in this novel...I will read chapters when it gets cooler...:p

9. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but you post everything on your first post. That's like a memo log.

10. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    JP does that. We’re used to it around here.:p

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, but it stops at the most recent chapter. So anyone that's keeping up with the series will still not encounter any spoilers. Quite a few series that I've started the LCDs for already had loyal fanbases that simply weren't willing to start the LCD themselves for some reason, but were perfectly happy to comment once it was created.

Blitz and userunfriendly like this.
  12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I figured he'd save that profession for when he was planning to use the gacha machine continuously for the whole hour or something ;)

userunfriendly and Wujigege like this.
  13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm kinda expecting a rat NPC to spawn because of this.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he can combine beast cards too, and if there's a point in him doing so. Could he get his beast cards to help him catch other beast cards Pokemon style? If so, he should totally get some tier threes as soon as he can instead of wasting all his cards on gambling.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He should buy a Bluetooth earbud and wear it all the time. It'd make people less likely to think he was crazy ;)

Of course, that wouldn't help with the birdman thing.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    So, while he's out on this trip, who's uploading the HxH doujin? His fans must be reeling from the sudden lack of daily chapters.

"but its perverted hands were still fondling around" Alpacas don't have hands...

Why does he need to pay attention to the battle, or even be near it? He could just take off his glasses and focus on the real world until it was done.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if that cafe will have a "no pets" policy after this ;)

Also curious how he'll deal with this situation. He's far from socially adept, but it seems unlikely that he would make that guy who tried to rescue the girl look even better.

Also wondering how the maid will react if she finds out how rich he actually is.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I was not expecting that skill to manifest like that. It feels like it was mislabeled... ;)

I wonder if Keer will show up at the village at a later date.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "if he suddenly went crazy and drew some BL manga series" I was just thinking he might draw shoujo or something when this problem occurred to me. I don't know why I didn't consider BL ;)

"It seemed like he would not be able to keep the legend of releasing one chapter a day every day." Well, he could always hire a second artist who wasn't a drunk and publish that series instead.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than targeting the top ten spots directly, he should just make friends with the people in the top ten so that he can be their +1 whenever they go ;)

That aside, I wonder what he'll do about a lifeguard. He's not qualified (or interested I bet) himself. Those two cinematographer girls maybe? They'll probably be back for summer vacation after all.

I wonder if he'll make a series of water themed wooden toys that kids can borrow while playing in the wave pool, and if that would be legal since kids are known to hit each other with their toys, which would be very dangerous in a pool.