Would you like to rule?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cap.toon, Aug 17, 2019.

?

Do you want to be an emperor?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    22.1%
  2. No

53 vote(s)
    77.9%
  1. lazilygrinningcat

lazilygrinningcat Cookie Thief

Reading List:
    Link
    Being an emperor sounds like a pain in the ass. If you're going to aim high, aim to be a god. At least, no one would stage a coup even if you're practically useless to catkind.

Fulminata and Kiskaiya like this.
  2. neogamer

neogamer Cute is justice!「Maxwell 」

Reading List:
    Link
    It's easy to survive until the next morning, you simply execute your political opponents on the charges of corruption and treason.

Woho0 likes this.
  3. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    That will simply cause them to revolt faster than before, if not outright collapse your empire's function.

4. SquirFail

SquirFail The One Who Forgets, Dreamer, Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    to be fair the Mc of sevens is like zeus his problem started when he cant control his dick

Woho0 likes this.
  5. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    Well even if his dick can be controlled, the problem also lies with how little manpower he has for such a huge domain.
    Even if the wives arent "wives" and became civil servants, thats still too few.
    It will just be overrun by the queen/princess of Cartaffs(forgot the country that started the coup in the end side stories).

6. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Be an empress? Yes, absolutely! That is, as long as Ai-chan doesn't have to have a douchebag as Ai-chan's emperor and it's okay to just adopt someone as heir one day. Being an emperor is a cushy job, many emperors don't have to do shit for their entire lives. Ai-chan would be set for life!

Chinese emperors have this problem of being killed because of Taoism, where the concept of Mandate From Heaven can be acquired or lost depending on people's say-so. So if someone say that you are not qualified to be a ruler, and he can convince enough people to say the same thing, then you have basically lost the Mandate From Heaven. Chinese people enjoy stabbing people in the back, assuming they have something to gain. If you don't want to get stabbed in the back, ensure that they gain the most benefit if they're still on your side. Loyalty doesn't mean shit. Confucius never taught anyone loyalty other than to their parents.

7. lazilygrinningcat

lazilygrinningcat Cookie Thief

Reading List:
    Link
    choosing heirs in itself could be one of the problems, though. A mishandling in inheritance could lead to a civil war, whether you only have one child or multiple ones. humans are fraught with troubles, I tell you. They always have a reason to diss others. I'd rather chill in my basket and let the other humans do their thing.

8. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My favorite lifestyle would be the japanese isekai & slice of life theme.
    You know, the "live a (slightly( above average lifestyle without having to worry about money, due to passive income and/or a job that you like"

9. Silv0

Silv0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like to watch from the side as the emperor gets mobbed and executed by the people (it's inevitable).

10. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    I would just gather subordinates that'll run my affairs.

11. GissellaRDBD

GissellaRDBD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No jajaja, no me gusta la monotonía.

12. GotDied

GotDied Just a friendly rotten hermit~

Reading List:
    Link
    An emperor as a profession is not so bad but it's still troublesome. The cons are greater than the pros I can get. Just like Obama, when he was elected as president his hair are black yet by the end of his term his hair is almost gray.

So, I'll probably set a puppet government. I'll be the behind the scene puppeteer.

13. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to be an emperor with advantages :p say sci fi tech in some medieval world. I'd uplift the shit out of them and punish any would be usurpers and annoyances I found with spycams n stuff. Then I'd build nice space ships n take one for meself to boldly go!

14. Finalbeta

Finalbeta Science Nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes as long as my empire would satisfy me at least in the slightest